• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U marketing materials starting to arrive at retail stores v2.0 (Read the OP)

DigitalOp

Banned
Seriously..... Is nobody alarmed we have NO FUCKING DETAILS yet?

We don't know how the damn online infrastructure of this thing is gonna be...
We don't know which games will be available for the damn launch or the damn launch window...
We don't have a damn release date...
We don't even have a damn price and thats the most important damn part...

Damn It.

:p Can a brutha get some answers?!

Haunted

We don't know which games will be available for the damn launch or the damn launch window...

Damn It.

Someone posted a Wii timeline in the other thread, details (pricing etc) were announced mid-september for the November launch.

So... could take a little while before we know for sure.

Gravijah

Damn It.

wait for the hands on after launch.

Hoodbury

Gamestop guy here,
We got an email about this stuff showing up on the 14h, or maybe it was 15th. So I bet that's the announcement/release date day.

How long does a Gamestop store usually keep this promotional stuff out for? I can't imagine you don't get other stuff that wants to take up floor space as well. I mean, if it is a mid November launch do they really have you guys keep this stuff out for 3-4 months?

Damn It.

Iwata went over the Miiverse during a Nintendo Direct before E3. They explained quite a bit of it. Maybe you should go back and watch it again. Or for the first time. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AkPdAWfFjI

We know of a bunch of games coming during the "launch window". http://e3.nintendo.com/wiiu/

NG3 is being published by Nintendo.

Yeah, I know, but I would not think of it as one of the strongest titles available at launch, so it strikes me how strongly it's going to be pushed.

Anyway the point I was making is, if they've already sent DG3 - that's to say a game that they won't use to showcase WiiU's features at demo kiosks - promotional stuff, that means it's going to hit the shelves shortly.

In other words, I can see how they could build up the hype for WiiU with NintendoLand demos, but NG3 no, it just doesn't make sense to me to give floor space to a late port that is going to launch only some months later.

I think NintendoLand can stand on its own. They will include some other "preinstalled" software like Nintendo Video and MiiMaker and possibly an AR Games kind of thing as well.

Then, around August 2013 or so, they will launch a Nintendoland + Wii U bundle for the same price as the launch price.

Also thank you for this thread based EC

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
How long does a Gamestop store usually keep this promotional stuff out for? I can't imagine you don't get other stuff that wants to take up floor space as well. I mean, if it is a mid November launch do they really have you guys keep this stuff out for 3-4 months?

Stuff usually has a month. We had RE6 posters when the game first got announced though, and I'm sure we'll see more in September, so it's likely it'll go up for a month then have new material for the month that it comes out.

Also, it probably helps that the new GameInformer has a BUNCH of WiiU previews.

Did someone confirm when we could start pre-ordering the Wii U at GameStop? Please don't tell me that I can already pre-order and didn't know.....

Hoodbury

Stuff usually has a month. We had RE6 posters when the game first got announced though, and I'm sure we'll see more in September, so it's likely it'll go up for a month then have new material for the month that it comes out.

Also, it probably helps that the new GameInformer has a BUNCH of WiiU previews.

Hmm, I suppose I didn't take into account Nintendo could just send new ones in.

Can you share what previews?

I just made a few more mock up box arts, so I just wanted to share them and the ones I made earlier as well. :p I thought this might the best place to put this, since I didn't want to bump the old amazon thread up and didn't want to make a thread for just this. :p

pikmin3-1.png

land.png

noonlyon.png

Black Ops II

Zombi U

Rayman Legends

Sonic All-Stars Racing Transformed

Azure J

Thank you so much connoisseur of children. Meanwhile, I'm excited as all hell seeing the materials roll out. It's finally starting to feel like a new console release is coming.

Aguila

#ICONIC
It's COMING. I've been more than ready since two E3's ago. I think this wait has even made me genuinely excited to play NintendoLand... but my most anticipated game will remain Pikmin <3

Those mockups up above are getting me so hyped for this release...

Four games I want at launch (or launch window) already! ZomiU, Pikmin 3, NSMBU, and Rayman Legends.

You can taste it in the air. I'm really curious to the full list of WiiU launch games. I hope the marketing materials arriving means the NDA will be lifted soon.

AGITΩ

Time to make fake boxes then to display around the store.

I noticed last thread that someone posted this:
Small world GAF, I made that, here's the Original.
And although it's just a fan mockup for me to Promote Wii U games at my store, the UPC is legit. Best Buy's internal system has had the Pre-Order sku for BlOps2.

Spinluck

Yes... yesss... the sooner you are released Mr. Wii-U the better.

Please please pleassssse be the rumored $300, I wouldn't hesitate to pick it up at that price. With all this stuff appearing in stores, Nintendo better hold another Nintendo Direct sometime next week during Gamescon!

Do it Nintendo, let me givez youz my $300s of dollarz!!

aparisi2274

I like the boxes for the Wii U, at least there is some color to the logo area...

Also, i am glad that it seems black will be a launch color for the system, as I have been jonsing for that since E3!

I am still bummed that Nintendoland is going to be an actual retail sku and not a pack-in with the system, unless something changes between now and when Nintendo has their press con in Sept to announce the date and price of the system.

aparisi2274

Damn It.

Dude, chill out!!

When the Wii launched, Nintendo waited until Sept to announce the price, release date, launch games, ect, and they already said they will do the same for the Wii U.

If they announce all this in Sept, then you'll probably have 2-2.5 months to absorb and process all this data, since the system will most likely be launching in Nov.

Boney

Banned
We can guess what the games are based on by this picture, but only five have been revealed.

bzHH7.jpg

The Metroid game is probably an iteration of Battle Mii from E3 2011.

zelda pikmin metroid mario luigi's mansion animal crossing yoshi game and watch donkey kong takamaru f-zero balloon fight

now where's starfox!

Thank you, EatChildren. I definitely agree with you on what you said in your OP. Something needed to be done about it.

Back on topic, I certainly can't wait for this device to come out. It looks like it'll be a lot of fun. I'm definitely going to go for the Black Wii U, & hopefully, they'll be more colors announced for it.

MisterHero

zelda pikmin metroid mario luigi's mansion animal crossing yoshi game and watch donkey kong takamaru f-zero balloon fight

now where's starfox!
I thought it was an Arwing this whole time, but it's the Blue Falcon!?!

goddamit

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
The guys at the Wii U Experience events have been saying it's coming "Holiday 2012". That means either November or December. I've never heard September and October be referred to as part of the Holidays. Holidays usually means from Thanksgiving week to New Year's Eve.
Not true. Target considerd their holiday season starting as soon as Back-to-School ends in early September. Starting with Halloween. They build up through October and are in full Holiday mode by the day after Halloween.

As for having "never heard..."
Scott Mottiff said:
Holiday season really begins October, November, December, but of course the bulk of the sales begin Black Friday weekend, right after Thanksgiving."
...From the same article you just posted comparing all of this against the Wii.

Hoodbury

AGIT&#937;;40802727 said:
Best Buy's internal system has had the Pre-Order sku for BlOps2.

So what does Best Buy's internal system have for NintendoLand? Does it have it as something you can pre-order? If not, that might indicate it's a pack in with the system; if it does that would indicate it's not packed in right?

So what does Best Buy's internal system have for NintendoLand? Does it have it as something you can pre-order? If not, that might indicate it's a pack in with the system; if it does that would indicate it's not packed in right?

BestBuy should know as much as we do now (except maybe the executives responsible for planning, but the system should know nothing as of yet).

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
AGIT&#937;;40802727 said:
Time to make fake boxes then to display around the store.

I noticed last thread that someone posted this:

Small world GAF, I made that, here's the Original.

And although it's just a fan mockup for me to Promote Wii U games at my store, the UPC is legit. Best Buy's internal system has had the Pre-Order sku for BlOps2.

Heh, I figured you knew too much not to be a Gaffer. :p

You do great work promoting gaming products at your store, especially Nintendo stuff. Mad props for the WiiU pre-order displays. How has the feedback been? Any pre-orders? And any idea when your store gets official WiiU promotional displays?

Not true. Target considerd their holiday season starting as soon as Back-to-School ends in early September. Starting with Halloween. They build up through October and are in full Holiday mode by the day after Halloween.

As for having "never heard..."
...From the same article you just posted comparing all of this against the Wii.

I only read the first part of that. That's a stretch to think of October as the Holidays.

And I know stores put up Christmas stuff the day after Halloween. Real people (not stores and marketers) still don't consider anything before Thanksgiving as the Holidays. I'm sure stores would love for people to think the whole damn year is the Holidays though.

Hoodbury

BestBuy should know as much as we do now (except maybe the executives responsible for planning, but the system should know nothing as of yet).

Well if they have pre-orders for Blops II in the system, you would think they have other games as well. Wouldn't having or not having NintendoLand be a possible hint as to whether or not it's a pack in?

Well if they have pre-orders for Blops II in the system, you would think they have other games as well. Wouldn't having or not having NintendoLand be a possible hint as to whether or not it's a pack in?

Black Ops II is Activision-Blizzard, not Nintendo of America. So Blops II means nothing in terms of Nintendo Land.

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
I only read the first part of that. That's a stretch to think of October as the Holidays.

And I know stores put up Christmas stuff the day after Halloween. Real people (not stores and marketers) still don't consider anything before Thanksgiving as the Holidays. I'm sure stores would love for people to think the whole damn year is the Holidays though.
But when Nintendo says "Holiday" they're speaking in stores and marketers terms... not real people.

Top Bottom