• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Release Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Setre

Posted this in the Wii U eShop thread, figured it'd be appreciated here as well.

Nano Assault Neo – 81 MB
Chasing Aurora – 103 MB
Little Inferno – 114 MB
Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition – 525 MB
Scribblenaust Unlimited – 1378 MB
ESPN Sports Connection – 1645 MB
Game Party Champions – 1719 MB
New Super Marios Bro.s U – 1733 MB
Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2013 – 1913 MB
Trine 2: Director’s Cut – 1941 MB
Nintendoland – 2852 MB
Madden NFL 13 – 4840 MB
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor’s Edge – 5443 MB
ZombiU – 5737 MB
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed – 5898 MB
Rabbids Land – 7383 MB
EA Sports FIFA Soccer 13 – 7490 MB
Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two – 7522 MB
Darksiders II – 9574 MB
Sing Party – 12 GB
Just Dance 4 – 15 GB
Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper – 16 GB
Assassins Creed III – 17 GB

Following the way Super Nintendo games were often named, it'd be Super New Super Mario Bros
I'd be OK with Super New Super Mario World tbh. Maybe throw a hyper in there: New Super Mario World Hyper.

Super Wii works with other titles as well:

Super Zombi
TTT2 Super Wii Edition
Super Wii Fit

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Just saw a Wii U commercial during the X Factor in the UK (finally - those rumours came to pass!).
Yes, Rylan's still there.
It's the first I've seen since the Homeland "Sping Sping Sping" one.

Deku Tree

Was on the Gamestop Wii U wait list. Never got a call to pick mine up. Just walked into my local Gamestop and they sold me a Deluxe Wii U no questions asked. Not concerned about whether or not I was on any wait list. And Gamestop said they were not selling any consoles off the wait list... guess not.

JohngPR

The system just came out, and there were those New Play Control versions of GC games for Wii, so HD rereleases seem inevitable. Hopefully that will include rereleases of Fatal Frame 4 and the Fatal Frame 2 remake, with built in support for the gamepad.

Using the Gamepad as a camera would be a very cool gameplay mechanic for that series. WANT.

You know I was very critical of NSMBU on launch day but once you get past the really shitty first few worlds the game becomes fucking awsome and the graphics look beautiful. I think it just might surpass SMW.

Is there a sweet spot? Eg does it need five players to really sing, or is 3-4 ok?

With three people it was fun but playing with four it almost seemed like Mario had an easier time. Don't know if we were just getting used to it or if the running speeds are different but with three people Mario was caught the most.

Pikmin Adventure is what really sucked our group in. Mario was a blast, but once we started playing Pikmin time just vanished.
I found that one a bit too chaotic to really enjoy.

Zelda's quest mode with a group is fun too.

Since we're on the subject what are considered the best NintendoLand attractions overall?

Pharros

The Animal Crossing, Mario, and Luigi's Mansion games sucked me and my friends in. I would have never expected such fun out of them. It's amazing how terribly the entertainment of these games were conveyed during E3 and the majority of Nintendo's presentations.

Since we're on the subject what are considered the best NintendoLand attractions overall?

I've only played single player. My favorite is DKCC. It's so challenging and addicting. I'm still trying to beat the second board. I also like the three "mission" based games (Pikmin, Zelda, Metroid). Yoshi and Balloon Trip have been surprisingly enjoyable as well.

Starwind

Neo Member

I am honestly pleasantly surprised as to how much i really enjoy Nintendo Land. I played Metroid Blast and Zelda a ton with my Bro. Played Luigi's mansion, Mario Chase and the Animal Crossing game a bunch with my family.

I've only played single player. My favorite is DKCC. It's so challenging and addicting. I'm still trying to beat the second board. I also like the three "mission" based games (Pikmin, Zelda, Metroid). Yoshi and Balloon Trip have been surprisingly enjoyable as well.

I've only played singleplayer as well and besides F-Zero, the games I have played have surprised me in their high quality.

Metroid is outstanding, Balloon Trip is a personal favorite, Yoshi's Fruit Cart is really clever despite nothing to look at and Pikmin is a lot better than I thought it'd be.

I'd have to say Metroid Blast and Balloon Trip are my favorites so far.

Zelda's decent too and I never thought I'd like it from the videos.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
In Japan their commercials are calling it a Super Wii, I agree, after seeing Nintendo call it that it should have been the name.
People keep misinterpreting that. It doesn't say Super Wii, it says Super na Wii, which is a little like saying "a Super-y Wii" or "a Wii that is Super". It's very much giving it an adjective to describe it, and not using it like a name.

Sorry but I think "Super Wii" is something that only appeals to those who grew up on SNES, or children. You should just as well hope for Extreme PlayStation or Ultimate Xbox. Sounds like 90s toys.

btkadams

does anybody have any good multiplayer game recommendations? (wii or wii-u)

i am having people over tonight and i'd like to have some fun games to play. how is mario kart wii?

How's the fan noise on the Wii U?

Mostly nonexistent. Don't really hear it

i am having people over tonight and i'd like to have some fun games to play. how is mario kart wii?

I would recommend Nintendoland and NSMBU. Nintendoland has several very good multiplayer games like Zelda, Animal Crossing, Pikmin, and Mario Chase. Plus some of those go up to 5 players, so if you have a large group mostly everyone can play at once :) NSMBU is the typical mayhem, tons of fun and death getting through Mario stages. It's slightly more difficult than its predecessor on Wii(NSMBWii) and a few more tricks for the Koopalings.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

Mario Kart Wii is excellent and well polished. Dokapon Kingdom is an amazing mix of RPG and board game. Smash Bros. can obviously be a lot of fun. Wario Ware is great for parties, as is NSMB Wii. House of the Dead: Overkill is a fun game for two people; You could trade off and on every chapter. Same goes for Sin and Punishment.

For the Wii U, Nintendo Land is the obvious answer. There are a lot of good competitive games (Mario Chase is amazing), and plenty of co-op games too (Metroid is the best, but a bit too complicated for non-gamers at first, Zelda is a bit simpler and pretty). ZombiU has a fun capture the point sort of multiplayer where one player on the Game Pad spawns zombies and the other players with Wiimote controls battle for capture points.

How's the fan noise on the Wii U?

No noise from our system. No disc noise either for us, drive runs really quietly. And no real heat either, runs cooler than our Wii.

Mario Kart Wii is excellent and well polished. Dokapon Kingdom is an amazing mix of RPG and board game. Smash Bros. can obviously be a lot of fun. Wario Ware is great for parties, as is NSMB Wii. House of the Dead: Overkill is a fun game for two people; You could trade off and on every chapter. Same goes for Sin and Punishment.

For the Wii U, Nintendo Land is the obvious answer. There are a lot of good competitive games (Mario Chase is amazing), and plenty of co-op games too (Metroid is the best, but a bit too complicated for non-gamers at first, Zelda is a bit simpler and pretty). ZombiU has a fun capture the point sort of multiplayer where one player on the Game Pad spawns zombies and the other players with Wiimote controls battle for capture points.

No noise from our system. No disc noise either for us, drive runs really quietly. And no real heat either, runs cooler than our Wii.

I thought ZombiU required a pro controller? Am I wrong?

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Posted this in the Wii U eShop thread, figured it'd be appreciated here as well.

Nano Assault Neo – 81 MB
Chasing Aurora – 103 MB
Little Inferno – 114 MB
Mighty Switch Force! Hyper Drive Edition – 525 MB
Scribblenaust Unlimited – 1378 MB
ESPN Sports Connection – 1645 MB
Game Party Champions – 1719 MB
New Super Marios Bro.s U – 1733 MB
Your Shape: Fitness Evolved 2013 – 1913 MB
Trine 2: Director’s Cut – 1941 MB
Nintendoland – 2852 MB
Madden NFL 13 – 4840 MB
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor’s Edge – 5443 MB
ZombiU – 5737 MB
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed – 5898 MB
Rabbids Land – 7383 MB
EA Sports FIFA Soccer 13 – 7490 MB
Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two – 7522 MB
Darksiders II – 9574 MB
Sing Party – 12 GB
Just Dance 4 – 15 GB
Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper – 16 GB
Assassins Creed III – 17 GB

thanks!

cajunator

Banned
Does anyone else not see anything when they click on the Hulu+/Youtube apps on the WiiU menu? I know they supposedly went live just now but are they still down?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I thought ZombiU required a pro controller? Am I wrong?

I might be the one that's wrong here, but I swore people were using Wiimote for it in multiplayer. Sadly I haven't had the chance to check it out yet with other people, just watched videos of it pre launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom