• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Thread - Now in HD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

D-e-f-

Banned
Red Steel all over again, lol. Though that one at least had an unique concept. Can't say that I see the fascination for ZombiU.

I don't get it. Why is it "red steel all over again"? Because it's a launch-FPS game? Why is Rayman not Red Steel all over again?

Red Steel wasn't that unique either. It was a first person shooter with a big ass melee weapon.

ZombiU has a lot more interesting bits and pieces that amount to a pretty intriguing package compared to FPS with sword slashing.

ED Cantu

I hope they show awesome things in the september conference, I need to see more games, specially from japanese third parties to get my hype up.

Hobohodo

Put down my deposit (£20 in Gamestation) yesterday. Pretty excited for it now. Oh and if you see this thanks D-e-f for the reply about ZombiU in the comunity topic, didn't know some of that stuff!

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Red Steel all over again, lol. Though that one at least had an unique concept. Can't say that I see the fascination for ZombiU.
Ubisoft is a big company. The team in charge of Zombi U is Ubisoft Montpellier, who made Beyond Good and Evil, Rayman Origins and created Rabbids. They're good. Nothing to lol about really.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
DoctorWiiUIPresume.gif

Mistle

Did they announce new games at the Wii conference back in the day or is it mainly a hardware/business sort of conference?

Any chance that Wii games will look more decent on a HDTV through the WiiU? I'm no graphics whore, but I have loads of unfinished Wii games because the image on my HDTV is so blurry it's literally painful to look at.

I don't get it. Why is it "red steel all over again"? Because it's a launch-FPS game? Why is Rayman not Red Steel all over again?

Red Steel wasn't that unique either. It was a first person shooter with a big ass melee weapon.

ZombiU has a lot more interesting bits and pieces that amount to a pretty intriguing package compared to FPS with sword slashing.

Well, Ubisoft FPS, that's once again terribly rushed going by first impressions :p
Red Steel at least had a setting that probably hasn't been in any other FPS (though the story was ridiculously campy and stereotypical)
ZombiU is just another zombie game, with some mechanics from DayZ and the premise of the controller usage simply isn't as compelling as the Wiimote. So I don't even feel excited beforehand, compared to RS.

D-e-f-

Banned
Any chance that Wii games will look more decent on a HDTV through the WiiU? I'm no graphics whore, but I have loads of unfinished Wii games because the image on my HDTV is so blurry it's literally painful to look at.

There will be no upscaling. or at least not Dolphin-like upscaling (the PC emulator, in case you don't know). Though the answer still kind of leaves the door open for some blurry filters or "fake" upscaling like the PS3 did with PS2/PSX games. Maybe Reggie or whoever answered that question took it as a "will the Wii U render Wii game at higher resolutions" which it obviously won't.

So they MIGHT look slightly better but not much, I bet. That's probably a way too specific question and would be answered definitively only once systems are out in the wild.

Put down my deposit (£20 in Gamestation) yesterday. Pretty excited for it now. Oh and if you see this thanks D-e-f for the reply about ZombiU in the comunity topic, didn't know some of that stuff!

Sure, I don't remember what the question was or what the answer was but you're welcome :D

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'd buy it online because I've seen the people in those midnight launch lines and they scare me.

Sadist

If I have the money I'm there at launchday.

Pikmin 3, Project P-100, ZombiU are my favourite titles. As for ports, I'm interested in Batman and Darksiders II.

Hobohodo

I'm going instore, mainly because I will get Staff Discount of some sort and then I can easily return if there is a problem.

There will be no upscaling. or at least not Dolphin-like upscaling (the PC emulator, in case you don't know). Though the answer still kind of leaves the door open for some blurry filters or "fake" upscaling like the PS3 did with PS2/PSX games. Maybe Reggie or whoever answered that question took it as a "will the Wii U render Wii game at higher resolutions" which it obviously won't.

So they MIGHT look slightly better but not much, I bet. That's probably a way too specific question and would be answered definitively only once systems are out in the wild.

Aw man. I just can't imagine it looking as bad through a HDMI connection. We'll see I suppose, I guess playing them through the Wii U controller will look sharper anyway.

D-e-f-

Banned
Well, Ubisoft FPS, that's once again terribly rushed going by first impressions :p
Red Steel at least had a setting that probably hasn't been in any other FPS (though the story was ridiculously campy and stereotypical)
ZombiU is just another zombie game, with some mechanics from DayZ and the premise of the controller usage simply isn't as compelling as the Wiimote. So I don't even feel excited beforehand, compared to RS.

But it's precisely not *just* another zombie game. If it really were just a Left 4 Dead clone-but-singleplayer - that would be just another zombie game. What they're going for is a Dark Souls-hard survival game with, as you said, some DayZ similarities(which you can find pretty much nowhere else other than *in* actual DayZ) coupled with an inventive online integration that doesn't just amount to generic death match or horde mode with friends.

Also, why rushed? 2+ years is hardly what I call a rushed game.

Well, if you don't care it's fine but don't just outright dismiss it because some bullet points remind you of Red Steel (which at least gave us a cool second game so that alone was worth it).

AntMurda

yeah I don't think Nintendo Land will be free, but I could see the Wii U coming with a demo for it pre-installed.

It's going to come with a bunch of apps and basic tablet games. Demos should be downloadable or pre-installed on launch day.

Definitely planning on buying NSMBU and Nintendo Land digitally. Those games are probably best suited to always be easily selectable on the system.

Earendil

Can I make a request since we're now back in the Gaming forum?

Can we all just ignore people who's only intent is to stir trouble like they do in every other Nintendo thread? I can put these people on ignore, but that does me no good if everyone quotes them and gives them the reaction they are looking for.

Please and thank you.

Roo

Yes, just a little if you use the HDMI cable but expecting Dolphin-like upscaling? no no..

miksar

I've just realized that there are so many games I want to buy at and right after launch, they'll probably cost more than the console itself. And it is even without considering several titles that may turn out to be great (LEGO City Undercover, for example, is definitely not given enough spotlight by the media).

Anyone else getting more excited for NSMB U after playing NSMB 2?
I'm excited about it because it cannot be any more unimaginative than NSMB2. At least I hope.

It's nice to want free things. But no way will Nintendo Land be free.
If it's a pack-in, it will be free in the eyes of consumers. Nintendo needs something to justify $299.

And wasn't Pikmin 3 confirmed to be early 2013?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom