• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Thread - Now in HD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I'll be joining this thread. Pretty excited about the Wii U, and it's annoying enough trying to discuss it in other GAF threads without people irrationally hating on it.

I've been excited for this console first time I played it, June 7th 2011. (I actually kind of miss the slider pads. In a totally inexplicable way, though, since the sticks are obviously better.)

Banned
Can somebody buy me a Wii U. I'm broke till next April when school is over. I will pay you back! ThunderMonkey, buy me a Wii U and I will lick your figs clean every night for you!
You also featured in my rap song I made hehe.

Aguila

#ICONIC
I'll be patiently waiting for my HD Pikmins
iosUjC0AwpXdo.gif

apana

Wii U will result in our Zelda dreams being fulfilled, U must believe. Epic and magical game with incredible exploration incoming.

AntMurda

If it's a pack-in, it will be free in the eyes of consumers. Nintendo needs something to justify $299.

That doesn't make sense. Instead of justifying a $299 price tag why not sell the hardware at $249? Sell Nintendo Land for $59.99 (with a wiimotion plus remote). Nintendo Land's software tie ratio will probably run neck and neck with NSMBU. It would be silly to pack-in either game.

Can somebody buy me a Wii U. I'm broke till next April when school is over. I will pay you back! ThunderMonkey, buy me a Wii U and I will lick your figs clean every night for you!
You also featured in my rap song I made hehe.
I'm not even sure how I'm getting one.

My current plan is to rob one of you guys on launch day.

It's not worth it, son. Nothing is worth that.
That's one nasty motha fucka you're talking to.

I've seen 'em do worse for less.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
Guarantee we will need a third thread before they even announce the price on Sept 13th! Also for the record were going to get hit pretty hard on pricing I just know it. At least 300 or 300+ with additional components costs $60.00 each

Its going to cost me over $500.00 for a system 2 games and a pro controller.

Im currently stripping for blind women to get some cash for this thing.. It better have GIANT crabs on day one or I am not getting it.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Wii U will result in our Zelda dreams being fulfilled, U must believe. Epic and magical game with incredible exploration incoming.

I've been playing Zelda too long to start fantasising about what I want from it. I take what I'm given since Nintendo Know Best™.

Stewox

Banned
You should add to OP the following image :D

It was edited and improved by [ Stewox ], GAF user.

Or maybe is way too big xD

I was just PMing it to OP some mins ago and zeah this one was too big, so I cut down edges and resiyed by 30% and sent him that one.

However the controller details are the only ones edited thats the info we know for sure, the console details there wasn't much space to add stuff but kind of late to cut it out, but could be photoshopped to hide all console stuff with that blue background, cause console details aren't the full ones in this pic nintendo made afaik. Stuff does differ on their promos, only the e3 page specified the geomagnetic sensor officially.

So you guys probably going to have to figure this out how to fit in the image ... since I'm not going out of the bed again, almost asleep here it's past midnight. Going to finnish watching the last mins of an X-files episode here ..., oh damn just in time for that what I was looking for, i've seen one of the scully gifs on gaf and could't find that one anzwhere.

PS: sorry for occasional possible YZ mixup ... wii opera doesn't support qwertz.

Banned
can't believe I'm doing this but ...

... *ahem* ...there is also a PC version of Scribblenauts Unlimited...

*runs away to hide from the shame*
bitchslap.gif

The wall of shame:

Untitled.png

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=477686

RIP Meelow...
I don't even know if he's perma'd or not.
Meelow is back on the 15th. Wow, I posted the 4th most. I need a life *aims for first place this thread*
Has Nintendo revised a home console in recent years? I mean they have the new designed Wii, but that is like the opposite of revision considering they took out BC.
Nope. They tried some add-ons for the NES, SNES, the N64 (expansion pak included already in later systems) and the GameCube was untouched outside of Japan. The newer Wii's have no GameCube BC. Nintendo doesn't revise consoles. Handhelds on the other hand...

18-Volt

I'm hyped but Lego City Undercover, P-100, Wario being 2013 kills my hype. I really hoped launch would be a flood of games...

ampere

I'll ask here since I have been wondering this, can Virtual Console games be played on the controller without using the TV? That would be wicked.

olimpia84

This is the first time in history where I'm actually more excited about 3rd party offerings (Rayman, ZombiU, Sonic All Stars) than 1st party games for a Nintendo console.

I'll ask here since I have been wondering this, can Virtual Console games be played on the controller without using the TV? That would be wicked.

I assume so. If not, Nintendo are dicks. I can already see them not letting you play Wii games on the screen because of *insert lame excuse here*.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Guarantee we will need a third thread before they even announce the price on Sept 13th! Also for the record were going to get hit pretty hard on pricing I just know it. At least 300 or 300+ with additional components costs $60.00 each

Its going to cost me over $500.00 for a system 2 games and a pro controller.

Here's what my Day 1 (well, launch window) is going to look like with assumed pricing:

Wii U Console ($399)
Wii U GamePad ($79)
2 x Wii U Classic Pro Controller ($49 each)
Nintendo Land ($59)
Pikmin 3 ($59)
NSMB U ($59)
Rayman Legends ($59)
Scribblenauts Unlimited ($59)
ZombiU ($59)
Project P-100 ($59)
Batman: Arkham City ($59)

Total [assumed] price: $1048 + tax.

This is why I have a job. =)

I have a good chunk of money saved up for this. Looking to get a red WiiU bundled with NSMBU black WiiU and NSMBU, Rayman, ACIII and Batman at launch. Pikmin 3 is definitely on my to buy list even though I doubt it's a launch title. ZombiU, P100, Lego City and Little Inferno are on my radar.

Anth0ny

Here's what my Day 1 (well, launch window) is going to look like with assumed pricing:

Wii U Console ($399)
Wii U GamePad ($79)
2 x Wii U Classic Pro Controller ($49 each)
Nintendo Land ($59)
Pikmin 3 ($59)
NSMB U ($59)
Rayman Legends ($59)
Scribblenauts Unlimited ($59)
ZombiU ($59)
Project P-100 ($59)
Batman: Arkham City ($59)

Total [assumed] price: $1048 + tax.

Luckily for you, half those games won't be there day one, the GamePad won't be sold separately, and the console itself will be $299 max ;)

Brera

Banned
September is gonna be a hyped month!

The iPhone5 is going to announced on the 12th Sept? Hopefully it won't suck too much hype away from the Wii-U

Banned
I have about $100 of trade-in credit at EB Games but it's not enough. When I get a Wii U it will be:

Black
Black Pro Controller
NSMBU (Day 1)
Pikmin 3
P-100
ZombiU (Day 1)
NintendoLand

Virtual Console:

Wind Waker
Luigi's Mansion
Super Mario Sunshine

You know GameCube classics are coming. They are only 1.5GB max, compared to the digital downloads of full Wii U games that will be 25GB at times.

all before the next E3 hopefully. I have a slew of PS3 and PC games to get through though, and Sony's first party lineup is lookin awesome for late 2012-early 2013.

Brera

Banned
Once I get my Wii-U, I'll be playing Mario Galaxy 2 on it!

Can't have a new Nintendo console without a new mario game!

D-e-f-

Banned
bitchslap.gif

Meelow is back on the 15th. Wow, I posted the 4th most. I need a life *aims for first place this thread*

Nope. They tried some add-ons for the NES, SNES, the N64 (expansion pak included already in later systems) and the GameCube was untouched outside of Japan. The newer Wii's have no GameCube BC. Nintendo doesn't revise consoles. Handhelds on the other hand...

1) Ouch. Challenge accepted!
2) The GameCube was "revised" at least in Europe back in 2004 when they launched the white model that took out the component cable port. For some reason no PAL games supported progressive scan, apparently ... so annoyingly stupid.

So I guess the only console to get a hardware revision that makes it 100% better is still the Xbox 360 - no more RROD, no functionality taken out, quieter, sleeker design. PS3 saves power and is quieter but lost tons of external ports and backwards compatibility. PS2 just got smaller, right? Xbox never changed, I presume? N64 got all the colors in the rainbow + cats but stayed the same, SNES got that redesigned US model that made it look more like the PAL and JP models and the NES got that toploading redesign.

Wii U GamePad ($79)

100% sure they will not be available for sale until mid to late 2013 at the earliest (when the first titles that support two come out)

Anth0ny

The only games I'd pick up at launch are Mario, Pikmin and P-100, but I'm expecting the later two after a month or two.

Mario should last me a good while.

Argh, I don't even want to think about launch day, especially since I'm currently still using a SD TV, so I might (have to ?) upgrade that one as well.

I'm looking to upgrade to a 1080p set at around Christmas. I've been trying to research, but I have no idea what I should be looking for.

AniHawk

[/B]

my hypothetical day one

Wii U Console ($299)
Pikmin 3 ($59)
NSMB U ($59)
Rayman Legends ($59)

about $522 after tax. i mentally budgeted out about $600 for the thing so i guess i could get something else like assassin's creed.

Stewox

Banned
Any chance that Wii games will look more decent on a HDTV through the WiiU? I'm no graphics whore, but I have loads of unfinished Wii games because the image on my HDTV is so blurry it's literally painful to look at.

Reggie already confirmed no upscaling in 2011. The way iwata was talking at investor briefing was a hint that gamecube games may be (possibly remastered first parties) downloadable via eShop , they would need the update to be compatible with controllers, this also doesn't count out any wii remasters. There was some developer who really made press and he deserves it, Nintendo seriously needs to remaster the Metroid Prime trilogy in full HD 60FPS PEOPLE !!!!
The game it self still has value for new players especially the FPS crowd who never got nintendo consoles before.

Aguila

#ICONIC
Argh, I don't even want to think about launch day, especially since I'm currently still using a SD TV, so I might (have to ?) upgrade that one as well.

I'm with you. My SD TV is pretty awesome looking. I've never had a need for an HD TV because I don't have bluray, hd channels, hd systems, etc. but I really do want to change that for the Wii U.

PhantomR

Banned
Here goes:

Black Wii U
NSMBU
Rayman Legends
Pikmin 3
Mass Effect 3
Batman: Arkham City
FIFA 13
Call of Duty: Black Ops
Project P-100
AND a 1 TB USB hard drive

My wallet is crying in agony.

Roo

Just ZombiU, Rayman and NSMBU for me.
I'm getting a 3DS XL aswell so I have to split my income in two systems :p

Is it weird that I'm hyped for the console but not the software? It's pretty much the same as the Wii launch for me. I know I'm going to buy the console I just wish there was a piece of software that could really get behind and get pumped about. At the moment, there is only slight interest in most of the launch line up titles.

This.

I have zero hype for any of the launch or launch-window titles. I do know I will get it eventually for next-generation Zelda and Smash, but right now, I'm more excited by the possibilities of the controller and the console.

I feel horrible to say this, but I have a rather extreme amount of debt that I'm working out how to pay over the next 30 years or so, so I'm probably going to skip launch if I don't have it properly budgeted yet. It may become a first paycheck of 2013 purchase.

D-e-f-

Banned
Here goes:

Black Wii U
NSMBU
Rayman Legends
Pikmin 3
Mass Effect 3
Batman: Arkham City
FIFA 13
Call of Duty: Black Ops
Project P-100
AND a 1 TB USB hard drive

My wallet is crying in agony.

well you could always space those out a little ... Mass Effect 3 is a a 30-40 hour game, Batman is 20-ish hours ... just don't all buy them on day 1 :D

brinstar

Probably just gonna go with the console and Mario U for day 1, and then gradually go from there. Just having the console set up is probably gonna make me wanna replay Wii games or ones that I haven't opened yet or barely made any progress in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom