• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii's next test: Dead Space Extraction

I fucking love lightgun shooters, so I will get this. However, I do hope that someone will release another fast-paced arcade style shooter.

Hiltz

I love on-rail FPS games but I have yet to find a worthy Wii title in the genre.

I rented Overkill and it was pretty fun with 1 or 2 cool levels but the amount of foul language dialogue was annoying as hell.

I've played the other House of Dead Games as well as Ghost Squad but I prefer playing the arcade versions.

I haven't played Re: Umbrella Chronicles but I'll either end up getting Dead Space: Extraction or Resident Evil: Darkside Chronicles depending on the reviews. Extraction's weapons, space setting and cinematic story are interesting and refreshing change for the genre. The graphics look alright but DarkSide looks better and I'm a big RE fan.

Personally, I think it is kind of foolish for EA to expect an on-rails shooter that's a spin-off of an original IP to help determine how well mature games can do on the platform. Wii may have the largest userbase, but it is obviously the most difficult platform to be successful on especially when it comes to mature titles.

Ormberg said:
So I've been pondering about this "test" scenario a bit, can anyone agree/disagree on this?

EA: This is a test game and there are two scenarios:

I) You don't buy the game -> mature games doesn't sell on Wii so we'll drop support on this genre altogether.

II) You bought it?! Great! Now...

a) Expect more on-rails games from beloved franshises - response from us: *moan* :(

b) A "real" game will follow, but it'll take what, two to three years to develop it since we don't have any good engine for the Wii.

Either fallout of a and b seems so god damn awful that I just give up. Am I missing anything here?
The crux of this post was established in like the third or fourth post of this thread.

Top Bottom