• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wildstar? “You’re Gonna Find Out, Cupcake”

Won

That treehugger bunny race is one of the worst things I ever saw in a game. Hard to not support the Dominion after seeing them.

DarkKyo

I do agree though that the Aurin could use a facelift, or at least a few more face selections that aren't as.....weird.

To be honest for that picture I tried to customize the face to be as weird as possible. If you shrunk those eyes and eye sockets, that face might just look acceptable! A lot of Aurin faces look good if you do some tweaking.

timkunedo

I prefer the Exiles myself. The rough underdog survivor faction always rings well with me as I don't mix well with elitism, aristocracy or casual war crimes. :p

Also:
FE5ykaJ.png

Exile mounts kick ass.

Wow @ that mount! Exiles all the way! I definitely would love an invite when the game hits. Haven't officially decided on a toon name yet, but will be playing a Medic and Warrior on the Exile side.

Keasar

To be honest for that picture I tried to customize the face to be as weird as possible. If you shrunk those eyes and eye sockets, that face might just look acceptable! A lot of Aurin faces look good if you do some tweaking.

Straight out of the box, a lot of the Aurin face styles are not as good as they are for the other races.

I like having them around for what they actually are though, nice way of rounding out the Exile faction between the southern state humans, the stone warrior people and the cyber space zombies, who are a actually cool bunch of dudes instead of the generic undead "graaaaah poisons death to all" bunch.

Pat

By the way, there is a "surprise" beta week-end April 25th to April 28th.

While many find this as something nice, I don't. That basically confirms the shape of the game is behind what they planned.

Aphexian

AFAIK, Wildstar is the only major original-IP MMO (and possibly the last) to launch with a sub since The Secret World (which didn't exactly set the world on fire).

It was always going to have an uphill struggle for attention.

That reminds me, didn't they say that Wildstar was going to be F2P when they started talking about it a year ago?

While many find this as something nice, I don't. That basically confirms the shape of the game is behind what they planned.

Couldn't possibly be that getting more testing in on the new UI is desirable for them. New UI came in hot, for sure, but I don't think that means the shape of the game is behind what they planned. I've run playtests as close as two weeks before submission, they're a month and a half out on a game that requires internet to play, so that come release day you can have whatever version they want you to.

That reminds me, didn't they say that Wildstar was going to be F2P when they started talking about it a year ago?

They've never stated that.

well they did a surprise weekend not too long ago too. unsure if that's the same thing.

Jindujun

Neo Member

Behind? The way i see it is they put in an extra beta weekend for more hype

Pat

Behind? The way i see it is they put in an extra beta weekend for more hype

Not sure, the hype and surprise thing are mostly excuses. They would have announced all of them at the beginning with the preorder if they were to create more hype.

Won

Not sure, the hype and surprise thing are mostly excuses. They would have announced all of them at the beginning with the preorder if they were to create more hype.

On the other side, three extra days of beta aren't gonna fix anything big if they are really behind. The schedule looks like it was supposed to give them some flexibility and they are making use of it.

JLeack

Banned
Anyone mind sharing how Warrior and Stalker compare to Warrior and Rogue in WoW? I'm trying to decide between Warrior, Stalker, and Medic for launch.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
By the way, reading about how the launched game is region locked, is the beta region locked?

(and in comes the question, where are most of Wildstar-GAF located, EU or NA?)

By the way, reading about how the launched game is region locked, is the beta region locked?

(and in comes the question, where are most of Wildstar-GAF located, EU or NA?)

Last i read on it (which was a couple months ago) there is currently only NA servers in the game, and the European servers will come up closer to launch. This may have changed since the beta weekends. If it's still true, then there's no region locking for the beta. I'm inclined to think this is still the case since European players were having issues this past weekend with their accounts being assigned as guest accounts, in order to allow them to play on NA servers.

Edit: Also, just noticed this about the new beta weekend
The level cap has been raised to 25 for pre-order players.

Edit 2: Seems they're inviting everyone who signed up for the beta to this weekend's beta. Looks like they want to give the servers a thrashing.

LtOrange

I am loving all the faction beef that is going on in this thread. I really can't wait to mess around with the open world pvp and get into some awesome battles. How many of you plan on joining a pvp server?

AFAIK, Wildstar is the only major original-IP MMO (and possibly the last) to launch with a sub since The Secret World (which didn't exactly set the world on fire).

It was always going to have an uphill struggle for attention.
For some reason this post hypes me up for this game more than anything I've seen/played.

I need to get out of this genre.

Friend of mine just got a beta invite...the code is null. Whoops. Any news of widespread problems like that?

Their beta key email can bork sometimes. They'll usually send out a second email, or if it doesn't end up getting solved in a couple days at the most then they'd give him a working one if he emails them.

I am loving all the faction beef that is going on in this thread. I really can't wait to mess around with the open world pvp and get into some awesome battles. How many of you plan on joining a pvp server?

I'm too much of a wuss for a PvP server.

Teggy

So have we come to a conclusion on how the GAF guild will be rolling? Seems there has been some good-natured disagreement on faction.

Ryne

Well finally got an invite myself. Lost a bit of hype along the way, but I will still try it.

Of course it says "null"

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Some days ago I said the gameplay seemed "off" in the beta, haven't been able to explain recently. What I meant was that the game feels super floaty / loose. It's like guild wars 2 but 10X worse, characters had no weight to them.

I'll still probably buy it (and then probably drop it 2-3 weeks later as usual with new mmos), since by June I'll most likely be done with dark souls 2 and will need something to mess around with, but after what I played, I'm bit really looking forward to it :/

broham

Oh, god. Kill it!
Rolling Dominion for sure.

Aurin don't look quite like that anymore. For one, their hands aren't nearly as big. I seriously don't get how some people hate the aurin so adamantly. Is there something so bad about them I'm just not getting?

Aurin don't look quite like that anymore. For one, their hands aren't nearly as big. I seriously don't get how some people hate the aurin so adamantly. Is there something so bad about them I'm just not getting?

My personal issue with the Aurin is that both the males and females are so small that gear doesn't stand out on them. My Mordesh and my Aurin had the highwayman costume set, and it looked a lot better on my Mordesh because the gear being larger meant i could see more details, and it stood out more. On my Aurin it wasn't very noticeable, and if i was standing next to a Granock or Mordesh chances are they wouldn't be able to see my gear very much, since both are fairly large races in stature and the camera would be too high/far away. So any effort put into how my character's gear looks would be diminished a bit due to purely the size of the race.

Others are talking about the style of the race itself, which i don't really have issues with. I think the eyes can be a little too big, but that stuff can be adjusted a bit. My impression is that others feel there's a furry/anime influence due to how they look, but i think it's more due to the exaggerated cartoon style of the game.

RPGCrazied

Got another beta key for this weekend, don't want it, cause I'm not going to play the game until its F2P.

First person to quote this gets it. I have an NA code.

Xiaoki

Hopefully this bonus weekend is to actually test something and not just adding a couple extra levels.

You know, like fixing the new UI or the stat update(doubtful).

cackhyena

I just got an code for the weekend thing. I'd forgotten about this game. Really only. Appealed to me because of the art style. Wonder if I should even bother.

Top Bottom