• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will God of War Ragnarok be delayed? Avatar bet

Is GoW Ragnarok getting delayed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If a game size gets posted before or after any official date, Team 2022 might can relax.

As of right now....whew lawd....lol.

I do hope this means Ragnorak news soon tho.

I guess that’s the thing. If they game size was uncertain they wouldn’t have posted it. I guess they are at a point where they know what it’s going to be so it’s indeed close. When it will release is anyones guess at this point.

Borowski_1

You are right because I dont troll all that much. And Im not a concern whore making Threads from knee jerk reactions about a unreleased game.

Sony has had a very strong year, Strong SOP, and looks like Strong reaction to their new service. Every youtuber who's pro xbox like Defining Duke which i do like, have been trying to deflect so fucking hard because lets face it Microsoft is not doing well managing software.

But no one wants to admit that is the case.

What does that have anything to do with God of War?

Lognor

Banned
You are right because I dont troll all that much. And Im not a concern whore making Threads from knee jerk reactions about a unreleased game.

Sony has had a very strong year, Strong SOP, and looks like Strong reaction to their new service. Every youtuber who's pro xbox like Defining Duke which i do like, have been trying to deflect so fucking hard because lets face it Microsoft is not doing well managing software.

But no one wants to admit that is the case.
I admit it. 2022 has not been a great year for ms. If that exclusive Kojima game releases on Xbox this year that changes things, albeit not for me personally.

BUT 2023 should be better. And let's not forget, Sony was having a pretty bad year last year. They turned things around. I am not going to put too much weight on one bad year for ms. It happens. It happened to Sony. And Nintendo. Relax.

yurinka

I don’t get it. People were using that date as confirmation that Starfield would come out this year. We don’t even have an actual date for God of War yet just a release window for this year.
There are many hints that lead to think that GoW will be released this year:
  • The lead actor mentioned the game -originally planned for a 2021- was delayed to 2022 due to his injuries and time needed to recover
  • Multiple SSM devs saying the game will be released this year and at least one of them mentioning to be working on the game release party
  • Rated in Korea
  • Game merchandising with September release
  • 2022 placeholder date in the PSN store
  • The game is supposed to be a direct sequel, meaning it will require less work than the previous one because now the won't need to do from scratch a ton of things. This time they are not rebooting the series and redefining the genre, so they would need less development time than the previous one, which was developed in about 4 years. The current one has been under development for over 4 years.
Starfield instead was a very different case: it's a big ass open world new IP with a new game engine being created for it, with a studio that releases a new game every 200 years and there were no signs of being close to its release outside lies from Jeff Grubb saying it was going to be released in 2021.

Very different cases.

To choose this date would be something Aaron Greenberg would do. Sony won't, Hermen and Jimbo are gentlemen.

Last edited:

yurinka

The possibility of it being delayd and TLOU remake being announced, gives me cancer
I'm 99% sure that GoWR and the TLOU online game and remake will be released this fiscal year.

And I think they will be the PS Studios releases for PS4 and PS5 for H2 2022, while PC would get during this period their only PC releases for this fisca year: the announced Uncharted and Spider-Man ports.

During Q1 2023 I think they will have there PSVR2 and its launch games setting all the attention and marketing budget. And I am not sure but I think it's possible Spider-Man 2 may be released there.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

Moved to Q4 placeholder

there is no way this gets delayed to 2023. This is a last gen game. A straight sequel thats already taken 4 years to make. 4.5 years max. I just dont see it taking longer than the first game which was done in 4 years and literally started from scratch.

And I say this as someone who voted for it to get delayed till next year. It is virtually impossible that that happens. Even GT7 shipped in 4.5 years and PD is probably the least productive team over at Sony right now.

reforen

there is no way this gets delayed to 2023. This is a last gen game. A straight sequel thats already taken 4 years to make. 4.5 years max. I just dont see it taking longer than the first game which was done in 4 years and literally started from scratch.

And I say this as someone who voted for it to get delayed till next year. It is virtually impossible that that happens. Even GT7 shipped in 4.5 years and PD is probably the least productive team over at Sony right now.
one of theories out there is if the game is not shown during the SGF the game will get delayed, last time Corey Barlog just said that everything was going well but there still nothing to show

spartan30gr

STARSBarry

Gold Member
1Qp2Djt.png

just thought I would keep this image here....

you know just encase its needed.

Banned
What do you mean by special adjustments? Why wouldn't Sony want that too (time to make a decent port and not delay console version)?

because God of War is a tremendously less complex game compared to GTA5 and RDR2, that needs little to no adjustments for PC

It started as a 2021 game, at this rate it's going to get delayed so much that it will arrive on PS5 after it releases on PC.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
If GoWR is indeed delayed it’ll be entertaining watching various illustrious members of SonyGAF - who have made much hay over Starfield’s delay equating as per usual to doom & gloom for Xbox - proceed to tell us why THIS delay is no big deal, a good strategic move by Sony, etc…😂
Prepping scripts was we speak, boyeeeee!

Jaybe

If GoWR is indeed delayed it’ll be entertaining watching various illustrious members of SonyGAF - who have made much hay over Starfield’s delay equating as per usual to doom & gloom for Xbox - proceed to tell us why THIS delay is no big deal, a good strategic move by Sony, etc…😂
Jim playing 4D chess giving space for TLOU1 Remaster to shine plus larger install base for GOWR in early 2023 from holiday sales.

Last edited:

Swift_Star

Banned
Delays are never a big deal unless you’re a forum warrior or if your company depends on that product.

sendit

Agreed. Because Covid was fake news.

Last edited:
Top Bottom