• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will God of War Ragnarok be delayed? Avatar bet

Is GoW Ragnarok getting delayed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is exactly how I feel as well. Game will release in 4 months yet they show CGI trailer. Sus.

I accepted avatar change but deep down I know something is not right about that date.

Honestly if they can’t produce any gameplay they wouldn’t have announced it for this year. What your suggesting is that the game isn’t complete enough to show it which I doubt is the case. It’s well known that the game is late in development not in its early stages.

If they gave us that date it’s because it’s far along in development that they can release it this year. If it was impossible they wouldn’t have given it.

As for that trailer well we already saw gameplay 9 months ago. Surely work was done since then.

Caio

I'm expecting a huge GOW presentation in August. I don't really agree with those who say the game will be released in November just to take advantage of the high season, and the final stage of development and refining/testing of the game would be rushed; these speculations are based on nothing. Most probably, SM is holding the big reveal for the next event, my two cents.

There's several reasons why they may not be showing gameplay other than "it's not ready".

They're saving it for a God of War focused State of Play, where we get full gameplay footage, and an information dump on features and such. (Similar to what they did with HFW).

Or they're saving it for Sony's big blowout event which is likely in September. Which in itself if going to attract millions of viewers.

Sony is likely just deciding which poison they want to pick.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Or they're saving it for Sony's big blowout event which is likely in September. Which in itself if going to attract millions of viewers.
Inglourious Basterds Bingo GIF

There's several reasons why they may not be showing gameplay other than "it's not ready".

They're saving it for a God of War focused State of Play, where we get full gameplay footage, and an information dump on features and such. (Similar to what they did with HFW).

Sony is likely just deciding which poison they want to pick.

I’m definitely not agreeing it’s because the game is early in development. I know companies have done that in the past when they can’t show anything from a game but I don’t think that’s the case with Ragnarok due to it having a release date for November.

If people are confused at the purpose of the trailer it was just to put a release date out there and to get people talking about the game again. There’s really no sinister reason behind it like putting out a fake release date to shut people up.

Lol who is saying this nonsense about the game being early in development? 😂

That’s usually one of the reasons why they would show a CGI trailer but I don’t think that’s the case here since we saw gameplay 9 months ago. The game is definitely developed enough that they can show gameplay from it which they have. If it wasn’t there would be no reason for any sane person to give us that release date. You just can’t go from gameplay being impossible to show to having a completely playable AAA title in a span of a few months.

I think some people are trying to find justification of a delay with this trailer but it doesn’t really do that.

Last edited:

ChiefDada

Gold Member
Im 2023 gang till the day it officially releases

4 months to go with only one real gameplay trailer is sus

GOW 4 had a trailer 2 years before launch, this is rockstar tier with their fake "release dates"

This is exactly how I feel as well. Game will release in 4 months yet they show CGI trailer. Sus.

I accepted avatar change but deep down I know something is not right about that date.

Well if your suspicion was accurate, I would expect SSM to take a page from Horizon/GG and hold a State of Play as known compensation for subsequent delay announcement. Instead they gave us a firm release date with no additional gameplay footage. This leads me to believe they are planning a monumental showcase; either SOP or even better PS Studio showcase (which i suspect) closer to release.

Also this:

So don't worry yourselves too much, kiddos😉

Well if your suspicion was accurate, I would expect SSM to take a page from Horizon/GG and hold a State of Play as known compensation for subsequent delay announcement. Instead they gave us a firm release date with no additional gameplay footage. This leads me to believe they are planning a monumental showcase; either SOP or even better PS Studio showcase (which i suspect) closer to release.

Also this:

E Online Pca GIF by E!

Soon.

Also this:

This tweet points towards rushed / buggy release cause he doesn't want to crunch. Normally execs in official position don't concede this much.

This is just too sus.

This tweet points towards rushed / buggy release cause he doesn't want to crunch. Normally execs in official position don't concede this much.

This is just too sus.

He works at bendstudios.

It doesn’t. You’re reading like that because you want to.
It actually points towards a smooth and well planned development project.

Seems like to me it’s just a normal part of development. I believe all games go though a bug fixing and polishing phase towards the end of development.

What’s weird is that we are starting to get meltdowns over this with these weird theories.

Last edited:
With Sony just dropping these announcements out of nowhere on us I wouldn’t rush to any conclusions right now based off the trailer. I mean today it’s suspicious to some that there wasn’t any gameplay in that trailer and then tomorrow Sony drops a random gameplay trailer or a SOP announcement. I don’t think it’s smart to bet on them being incapable of showing us gameplay at this point.

The good news is that since the release date is in a few months they have to do their marketing extremely soon. So we will find out real soon if they have any SOPs or gameplay trailers prepared for Ragnarok. Just have to wait a little longer.

Mr Moose

With Sony just dropping these announcements out of nowhere on us I wouldn’t rush to any conclusions right now based off the trailer. I mean today it’s suspicious to some that there wasn’t any gameplay in that trailer and then tomorrow Sony drops a random gameplay trailer or a SOP announcement. I don’t think it’s smart to bet on them being incapable of showing us gameplay at this point.

The good news is that since the release date is in a few months they have to do their marketing extremely soon. So we will find out real soon if they have any SOPs or gameplay trailers prepared for Ragnarok. Just have to wait a little longer.
Between now and November 9, we can’t wait to show you more of what’s awaiting Kratos and Atreus in the Nine Realms as Ragnarök draws closer!
Can't even pre-order it yet, people need to chill.

Omg this thread going strong even after the announcement. Now the trolls want to create fake drama and not let the people enjoy couple days their happiness. Get over it.. but it's so difficult every month to see that Sony release or announce something and you have nothing but only delays and fake promises

I hope it gets delayed to give team 2023 some hope... new release date November 11th 2022. :messenger_grinning_squinting:

Ok game has gone gold.

golden boy wow GIF by Feliks Tomasz Konczakowski

Team 2023: Well cyberpunk was delayed when it went gold so a delay will still happen.

SSM on 9/11: Um even though the game is in stores we decided to recall all copies so we can delay it.

Team 2023: Yeeeeesssss told you a release date delay is possible.

:messenger_tears_of_joy:

killatopak

Also this:

As much as I don't like crunching, leaving bugs out to be fixed in a patch is one of recent things that I hate about modern gaming.

GHG

True.

It took a while but the meltdowns are finally happening. Just didn’t think people would meltdown and spin the release date trailer as proof of a delay. Doesn’t seem logical to me IMO.

Edit: And a perm request damn this thread is taking out people.

It's incredible really. Since a certain game got delayed all they had left to look forward to was the potential delay of a game on a platform they won't touch.

donald trump alex acosta GIF

Agreed.

Delay is best option.

Not necessarily. I mean if you want a game to release 100% bug free it might never come out. Once you get it into a good enough state where it’s a great experience a few minor bugs won’t destroy it. As long as they don’t pull a cyberpunk I’m sure they will be fine.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Not necessarily. I mean if you want a game to release 100% bug free it might never come out. Once you get it into a good enough state where it’s a great experience a few minor bugs won’t destroy it. As long as they don’t pull a cyberpunk I’m sure they will be fine.
Why are you even entertaining the troll? Just ignore the ripe cunt.

Please Understand™

Last edited:

anthony2690

Banned
You know what they should do?

They should delay the game.

Then release it the very last day off the year in Australia, 1 minute to midnight and then the next day the rest of the world, world wide.

Sony Santa Monica can laugh at the losers arguing over whether it came out 2022/2023 :D

Joking aside, honestly hoping for a game to be delayed to get at some other console warriors is pretty damn sad.

Same goes for those that celebrated at the delay of Starfield and Redfall, you're all losers.

Swift_Star

Banned
I find really amusing that a random person in a forum with no background on leaks suddenly knows a game will be delayed after one year of radio silence. So tell us, Craig of War Craig of War , when will they announce the delay? We should Make you bet your account. If the game doesn’t get delayed, you get a permanent ban. Are you that sure of this supposed info you got or are you just spreading FUD? Go on, bet your account, I doubt you’ll do it.
Didn’t even need to wait, the guy went down in flames alone.

And people said meltdowns wouldn’t happen over Ragnarok. Clowns the lot of them.

Food Vintage GIF

Sometimes these things take some time. They bottle up their feelings for a while and at some point it explodes. Like what happened with Craig of War Craig of War for example.

I guess they needed the time to think up reasons on why it will get delayed. I will admit that they are stretching it pretty far like the recent criticism of the launch date reveal trailer.

Last edited:

Swift_Star

Banned
Food Vintage GIF

Sometimes these things take some time. They bottle up their feelings for a while and at some point it explodes. Like what happened with Craig of War Craig of War for example.

I guess they needed the time to think up reasons on why it will get delayed. I will admit that they are stretching it pretty far like the recent criticism of the launch date reveal trailer.
Like I’ve been saying, people have been taking this stuff way too seriously. That one guy is starting his meltdown on the other thread. Let’s go there and watch?

Tomorrow or Tuesday I'll make a list of all people who complied (until NOW) with the bet, and the people who are not paying up the bet, whose I expect the community and the mods give the worst of punishments (?

Next thread: Will God of War Ragnarok have a rushed release with plenty of bugs? AVATAR BET! (?

How about making another Starfield delay thread? Just to balance things out.

Edit: I mean it kind of is in a similar situation that Ragnarok was in with a release window and without a date.

Last edited:

Swift_Star

Banned
Elden ring living rent free in your head, huh?
Yes, I got the Platinum for the game and played it twice, once with a melee build and once with a sorcerer build. I have a ps5 and get to play both ER and Ragnarok, and I don’t spend days crying in a forum over a fucking release date, what about you? Why are you quoting me when I have never even mentioned you? What is wrong with you? Get a grip and fuck off.

Last edited:
Top Bottom