• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will God of War Ragnarok be delayed? Avatar bet

Is GoW Ragnarok getting delayed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fredrik

Not necessarily. I mean if you want a game to release 100% bug free it might never come out. Once you get it into a good enough state where it’s a great experience a few minor bugs won’t destroy it. As long as they don’t pull a cyberpunk I’m sure they will be fine.
Tbh post-launch patching still suck because those who want to play the game the most get to play the worst version.
I’m glad I jumped out of Horizon FW to play Elden Ring, it’s now in an awesome state 5 months later.

Swift_Star

Banned
I mean you still have people betting on GoWs delay. Don't see why it can't be applied to other titles.
Yeah I know, but I’m not that much of a hater of Xbox to hope for a delay for that game like some is pathetically doing for GoW. I really don’t see it happening.
The game is massive and the recent gameplay trailer/demo looked incredibly rough. It could miss the 2023 window given the scope.
Yeah but the game is been in development for years now, I’m confident it’s releasing on 2023.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
And people said meltdowns wouldn’t happen over Ragnarok. Clowns the lot of them.
Meltdowns over Ragnarok you say?

Wait until the rumored Sept Showcase and they have GOW demo running and at the end it says coming to PC soon

Certain people we know will stroke out

100% guesses on my part or more like wishful thinking as I would love Ragnarok running on a 4090

jizz in my pants GIF

azertydu91

Hard to Kill

Wait until the rumored Sept Showcase and they have GOW demo running and at the end it says coming to PC soon

100% guesses on my part or more like wishful thinking as I would love Ragnarok running on a 4090

jizz in my pants GIF
Sadly those who would've had the best reactions have been banned for quite some time though....But yeah since the "first" is also on pc it seems logical that the next will follow the same route.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Sadly those who would've had the best reactions have been banned for quite some time though....But yeah since the "first" is also on pc it seems logical that the next will follow the same route.
It will eventually head to PC as well and I expect this one to be the shortest wait yet as they slowly keep warming up the die hard PS guys to the idea

Starfield doesnt have a date, only a vague 6
Month window right now

Alas, this was supposed to be a fun release date betting thread, i see it has become just another battlefield in the ever present neogaf console wars though

Well God of War had a vague 2022 release window. I mean people can bet if it falls into that window or not with Starfield.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Starfield doesnt have a date, only a vague 6
Month window right now

Alas, this was supposed to be a fun release date betting thread, i see it has become just another battlefield in the ever present neogaf console wars though

Came here to say the same thing. It was a lot of fun and laughs for a while, but I guess all good things must come to a console war. :messenger_loudly_crying:

Imagine the meltdowns is this game:
Releases on promised date
Have better graphics and level design
Higher metacritic score than ER
Gets more GOTY than ER
The meltdowns will be epic.
Wont be higher meta than ER but will get the most gotys. People like to be wowed by setpieces and emotional beats.

Swift_Star

Banned

jizz in my pants GIF
I honestly can’t understand why people get so annoyed over this, but, alas, it’s the internet. I’m day one regardless.

@Cimarron @killermmn @apotema @zokie @Warnen @JimmyRustler @TransTrender @kittoo @SEGAvangelist @acm2000 @poppabk @N30RYU @Interfectum @jakinov @Portugeezer @Fuz @Pejo @Team Andromeda @siyrobbo @CookieWithMatt @Krappadizzle @solidsheelop @Braag Chronos24 Chronos24 @acidagfc @Coconutt @VanCityGamer @SlimySnake @93xfan @dugdug @Victor Omega @mitchman @Kssio_Aug Kagoshima_Luke Kagoshima_Luke @RavenSan @Memorabilia @executor @Dusktildawn48 @j0hnnix @Calverz @_SAKY_ @TheShocker @billyxci @peter42O @Jimmy_liv @MastAndo @ByWatterson @CLW @Gamer79 @poodaddy @Captain Hero @dealer- @Nitty_Grimes @IAmAnAgnostic @donfonzie @Venuspower @Inviusx @itshutton @clarky @Hondo4 @Brock2621 @Goalus @fermcr @Trab-Pu-Kcip @Strider Highwind @Handel @GreatnessRD @EverydayBeast @Sybrix @skneogaf @Paulxo87 @MightySquirrel @REDRZA MWS @KingXtreme81 @Bergoglio @Heimdall_Xtreme @Droxcy @Altares13th @Eimran @Rockman33 @Bernd Lauert @SmokSmog @Davernos @Salty Popsicle @amigastar @prinz_valium @snir6590 @AV CatLady CatLady @KellyM @MatrixReloaded101 @Airbus Jr @AeonGaidenRaiden @Torrent of Pork @Zannrebel @BPX @ClosBSAS @01011001 @Nickolaidas @jonnyXx @alabtrosMyster @ArthriticZombie @STARSBarry @Naru @retsof624 @ShaikhCroft vaibhavpisal vaibhavpisal @WildBoy @The Cockatrice @KungFucius @OZ9000 @rkofan87 @Physiognomonics @jaysius @Kenshin775 @RPSleon @FastOrc @Camreezie @AGRacing @Niked @Slothbeing1209 @pasterpl @Guilty_AI @Craig of War @Jboemios @Roman Empire @Exanthus @Infamy v1 @Rob_27 @Furball @RGB'D @fatmarco @TheGejsza @TikiLagoonSam @Trunim Topher Topher @AJUMP23 @iQuasarLV @samoilaaa @Hitchyhero @Arenafighter @Larlight @ILHASS @Josemayuste @Karonoth @FluffShake @Putonahappyface @Techno_Inked @Arcadialane @lh032 Gameplay Gods Bless Gameplay Gods Bless @OceanGaming @WitchHunter @SEGA Nintendo @Feel Like I'm On 42 @Mibu no ookami Lognor Lognor @MidGenRefresh @Shtef @Johnny Concrete @MonkeyClaw36 @Shits_McGiggles @CosmicComet @Chronicle @March Climber Borowski_1 Borowski_1 @nominedomine @DukeNukem00

Pick your avatar (or use the one someone else picked for you if you agreed upon betting with another user):

vluFE0f.jpeg
nlkLsj6.jpeg
ifaWxed.jpeg
Is4jDKo.jpeg

The rules were clear. You must now use one of these avatars until November 9th.

(If for some God knows reason, a delay to 2023 is announced down the road, you're released from your avatar and 2022 gang will begin using theirs. I highly doubt this could happen, but you're noticed).

I'll give some time, just a few days to a week, before I make a list of people who paid their bet and people who didn't.
Rules are rules. I'll admit I never even read the OP just voted that it would be delayed. I think there's still a chance at delay but the announced release date shows Sony thinks it can make it.

jm89

I shudder to think how my Nintendo breathern will act, if they ever release their tent pole franchises on PC.
No doubt chaos unlike anything we've seen before. Nintendo fanbase are the most insane. Ps fanbase and xbox fanbase have nothing on them.

Last edited:
This one was denied entry into Valhalla. It is now, nothingness for all eternity.

It’s fine to speculate on a delay but people really need to stay away from ridiculous theories. Never saw anyone spin a release date trailer into evidence of a delay until today.

I mean that’s a serious meltdown right there and I’ve seen it from two different individuals today maybe even three.

G-Bus

Banned
Do people really think they would announce this 4 months out if they weren't sure it would be done. Crazy. Sony isn't that stupid imo.

Last edited:

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
I'll admit, I thought people would have to use avatars from the day the game actually released for some set amount of time. It's pretty stupid that the bet was "oh hai we annouse reeleese date" being the point when the bet was decided. As if a release date getting announced by the publisher means a whole lot.

That said, bad on me for not reading the fine print, so bet honored.

Top Bottom