• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will God of War Ragnarok be delayed? Avatar bet

Is GoW Ragnarok getting delayed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Borowski_1

Oh great, are we going to have endless concern from you starting Sept 1st until they announce or release the SOP?

And what if they want the SOP in October to give TLoU some limelight?

ah yes, i'm sure a game from 2013 that everyone and their mother have played needs a lot of limelight

as for God of War, still not confident it'll release this year

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
fuck, you got me
amanda seyfried karen GIF
karen smith fifth sense GIF

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
With all the rumours of it being delayed, for them to announce a release date only to delay it seems unlikely.
I wouldn't care if the PS4 version is delayed. In fact, it might be a better strategy to do that like what Nintendo did with Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess where the Gamecube version came out a month after Wii release.

.Pennywise

Banned
Ok guys. It was a pleasure making this thread and seeing you fight each other (not so pleasing when console warring and some personal attacks, but it is what it is) and the outcome being so back and forth before it was decided.

Now, I was going to make a list of people who complied (until now, remember the avatars must be until release) and people who don't. Here's the list (you can quickly see who's paying the bet and those who don't by the little avatar thumnails):

@Cimarron @killermmn @apotema @zokie @Warnen @JimmyRustler @TransTrender @kittoo @SEGAvangelist @acm2000 @poppabk @N30RYU @Interfectum @jakinov @Portugeezer @Fuz Pejo Pejo @Team Andromeda @siyrobbo @CookieWithMatt @Krappadizzle @solidsheelop @Braag @Chronos24 @acidagfc @Coconutt @VanCityGamer @SlimySnake @93xfan @dugdug @Victor Omega @mitchman @Kssio_Aug @Kagoshima_Luke @RavenSan @Memorabilia @executor @Dusktildawn48 @j0hnnix @Calverz @_SAKY_ @TheShocker @billyxci @peter42O @Jimmy_liv @MastAndo @ByWatterson @CLW @Gamer79 @poodaddy @Captain Hero @dealer- @Nitty_Grimes @IAmAnAgnostic @donfonzie @Venuspower @Inviusx @itshutton @clarky @Hondo4 @Brock2621 @Goalus @fermcr @Trab-Pu-Kcip @Strider Highwind @Handel @GreatnessRD @EverydayBeast @Sybrix @skneogaf @Paulxo87 @MightySquirrel @REDRZA MWS @KingXtreme81 @Bergoglio @Heimdall_Xtreme @Droxcy @Altares13th @Eimran @Rockman33 @Bernd Lauert @SmokSmog @Davernos @Salty Popsicle @amigastar @prinz_valium @snir6590 @AV @CatLady @KellyM @MatrixReloaded101 @Airbus Jr @AeonGaidenRaiden @Torrent of Pork @Zannrebel @BPX @ClosBSAS 01011001 01011001 @Nickolaidas @jonnyXx @alabtrosMyster @ArthriticZombie @STARSBarry @Naru @retsof624 @ShaikhCroft @vaibhavpisal @WildBoy The Cockatrice The Cockatrice KungFucius KungFucius @OZ9000 @rkofan87 @Physiognomonics @jaysius @Kenshin775 @RPSleon @FastOrc @Camreezie @AGRacing @Niked @Slothbeing1209 @pasterpl @Guilty_AI @Craig of War @Jboemios @Roman Empire @Exanthus @Infamy v1 @Rob_27 @Furball @RGB'D @fatmarco @TheGejsza @TikiLagoonSam @Trunim @Topher @AJUMP23 @iQuasarLV @samoilaaa @Hitchyhero @Arenafighter @Larlight @ILHASS @Josemayuste @Karonoth @FluffShake @Putonahappyface @Techno_Inked Arcadialane Arcadialane @lh032 @Gameplay Gods Bless @OceanGaming @WitchHunter @SEGA Nintendo @Feel Like I'm On 42 @Mibu no ookami @Lognor @MidGenRefresh @Shtef @Johnny Concrete @MonkeyClaw36 @Shits_McGiggles @CosmicComet @Chronicle @March Climber Borowski_1 Borowski_1 @nominedomine @DukeNukem00

But I'm leaving this here. I'll leave this thread and won't go any further. Got really tired of it, since its creation it had so much response I would recieve a ton of notifications ONLY for this thread (and I still do). So from now on I'll ignore the thread so I don't receieve more notifications unless you @me.

I'll leave it up to you if you want to keep going , call out those honorable enough to pay the bet, shame the ones who didn't, chat with mods if something fun can be done, etc.
(I'm serious, if someone wants to take the lead, you can make your own thread and I'll ask for this one to be closed).

You'll probably find me making some cool OTs.

Cya.

Pejo

Ok guys. It was a pleasure making this thread and seeing you fight each other (not so pleasing when console warring and some personal attacks, but it is what it is) and the outcome being so back and forth before it was decided.

Now, I was going to make a list of people who complied (until now, remember the avatars must be until release) and people who don't. Here's the list (you can quickly see who's paying the bet and those who don't by the little avatar thumnails):

But I'm leaving this here. I'll leave this thread and won't go any further. Got really tired of it, since its creation it had so much response I would recieve a ton of notifications ONLY for this thread (and I still do). So from now on I'll ignore the thread so I don't receieve more notifications unless you @me.

I'll leave it up to you if you want to keep going , call out those honorable enough to pay the bet, shame the ones who didn't, chat with mods if something fun can be done, etc.
(I'm serious, if someone wants to take the lead, you can make your own thread and I'll ask for this one to be closed).

You'll probably find me making some cool OTs.

Cya.
Hey EviLore EviLore - how about after the game releases, those of us that complied with the avatar change get 6 weeks with animated avatars of our own choosing. That way everyone wins!

Hashtag animated avatars, hashtag bring'em back:messenger_horns:c'mon

GHG

let me guess, you are projecting again, of course you are 🤣 that's sad

What are you even talking about?

The game didn't get delayed so now you hope it's broken at launch?

The first question is why were you (along with other people) even hoping for a delay, but as time passes motives become clear as day.

sad donald trump GIF

Last edited:

Banned
What are you even talking about?

The game didn't get delayed so now you hope it's broken at launch?

The first question is why were you (along with other people) even hoping for a delay, but as time passes motives become clear as day.

sad donald trump GIF

I don't hope for a delay I hope I win my bet eventually. I play to win, and I don't give up if the possibility of winning isn't 0

I'm just saying, I wanna see y'all with those juicey avatars, and if gow has to be sacrificed for that, so be it 🤣

you mfers always make this about console wars, all I want is win a bet my guy

I meant what Craig of War did with his inside information without having it vetted. You did say you were never going to give up. There is such a thing as going overboard with this.

Last edited:

Banned
I meant what Craig of War did with his inside information without having it vetted. You did say you were never going to give up. There is such a thing as going overboard with this.

dude, the game isn't out is it? anything can happen... AAA games get delayed all the time... you think everything works out and then BAM last minute delay :)

dude, the game isn't out is it? anything can happen... AAA games get delayed all the time... you think everything works out and then BAM last minute delay :)

I agree that anything can happen but I haven’t really seen anything that would suggest a delay. I mean your right what happened with Starfield could happen to Ragnarok but it becomes more unlikely the closer we get to launch. I personally don’t believe Sony is faking that release date. They probably think they can hit it and would need to announce a delay really soon if they can’t,

KungFucius

King Snowflake
I am stopping with the Avatar. I bet on this just because I was pissed at all the delays and was fine with it until... Yesterday I posted a sarcastic post in the Nintendo would switch to Apple thread and was warned by a mod who then deleted it for console warring. I have all platforms and just like games. My post said, paraphrasing sure Nintendo fans are so stupid they would flock to Apple because they like shiny overpriced crap. then the next sentence said that would be the only reason, not Mario and Zelda or decades of good games. I bet the mod read the first sentence and then looked at the avatar and gave me a warning. Typical lazy cop shit, but I am not going to put up with 4 month warnings over sarcasm because mods see these avatars as easy targets. And I have this game on preorder and am looking forward to it.

anothertech

What the fuck is with these sad ass losers that won't uphold their side of the bet?

Isn't there some serious repercussions if you do that here?

I'm bout to report the fuck out of these clowns. I suggest some of you guys do the same. Not for warring sake, but for them being little bitches about it.

What the fuck is with these sad ass losers that won't uphold their side of the bet?

Isn't there some serious repercussions if you do that here?

I'm bout to report the fuck out of these clowns. I suggest some of you guys do the same. Not for warring sake, but for them being little bitches about it.
Maybe they think a delay is still possible.

Top Bottom