• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will Koji Igarashi's Castlevania successor be revealed this Monday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Kinggi~

Banned
I just discovered that Yooka Laylee kickstarter (Banjo game) making like 2 million USD in just 9 days with 38 days to go (been under a rock or something this last week). Is this gonna present an issue for this one? On one hand its good news that KS is alive and well but i wonder if this will take money from other potential backers.

C-Drive

I just discovered that Yooka Laylee kickstarter (Banjo game) making like 2 million USD in just 9 days with 38 days to go (been under a rock or something this last week). Is this gonna present an issue for this one? On one hand its good news that KS is alive and well but i wonder if this will take money from other potential backers.

I've got no interest in backing Banjo Threeie, I have lots of interest in backing this - I'm sure there's a lot of folks who feel the same way.

I considered this but I think Kickstarter works in a way that because you aren't charged immediately and your money doesn't come out for 30 days or so, it's easier to throw down a pledge. Obviously you're still paying for both, but in my brain (filled with silly logic) I've pledged inmediately for something I want because it doesn't feel like I'm actually throwing money out there immediately. The spacing between this and YL might separate it enough mentally for folks to commit.

I've got no interest in backing Banjo Threeie, I have lots of interest in backing this - I'm sure there's a lot of folks who feel the same way.

Me.

Pootrait of Pooin sequel

I will never get the hate for PoR. It's a fun game. It was the one that brought me back into the series and even genre. It's a fun twist on the solo protagonist games. And to top it off it's got its music composed by 2 grands of video game music, Michiru Yamane and glorious Yuzo Koshiro.

Harmony of Despair 2. Maybe that was Igas dream project after all, we don't know :)

Harmony of Despair had a LOT of potential that Konami wasted by virtue of it being made by Konami.

This too, YL looks cool and I'm happy it's a thing, but I won't back it. If I'm interested when it drops, then I'll grab it. Plus when it hit its goal so quickly I wasn't compelled to push for it. Iga's game will see my money immediately and I feel like if it isn't hitting its goal right away then people will come out to help.

Saikyo

Pootrait of Pooin sequel

68a.jpg

I would like a PoR2, its my favorite Igavania.

Edit: Lol, what was these synchronized mods posts? Haha...

Harmony of Despair had a LOT of potential that Konami wasted by virtue of it being made by Konami.

Not really what most people would look forward to though, I'd think. Although I really think there's a possibility for that, with all this teasing of clans fighting and whatnot...

I feel bad for myself for saying back then, that they made to many 2D castlevania games back during the GBA-DS generation. Nowadays I am craving for a new entry in a great Iga 2d Castlevania game.
I still think they made too many. Personally I never grew tired of them, but it must have had a bad impact on the sales.

In Rain World, it's less about scrolling and more about depth.
kYIHv.gif

The depth of the environments are much more noticeable once you see shadows on the environments and in the dark regions with the lighting effects
Looks nice in motion, but don't care for the minimalistic approach. Personally speaking, I'd want something similar to SotN, or if I can dream, a game that looks like Ori and the Blind Forest(might be asking too much, though).

Easy_D

never left the stone age
I sincerely hope for a way to play the entire game in co-op at least. Co-Opvania would be a blast. The way it goes on about clans though..what if it takes inspiration from the Souls games. Invade the worlds of people in other clans and defeat your opponent for mad loot

Nibel

Wasn't Harmony pretty much trashed by the press, lol? Surprised that there is a following for that title. Never played it myself, mind you, but I always thought it looked neat.

And yeah, Order Of Ecclesia was fantastic. One of the most underrated badass-female protagonists; the idea of having those glyphs on her back is cool as hell. But man, that game was tough as nails; never finished it.

OnPoint

Harmony of Despair was a ton of fun.

Ecclesia was not that hard. I hate when people say that lol it starts hard but that's because you have nothing. Once you start unlocking abilities it gets as easy as any before it.

Saikyo

Harmony of Despair was fun, bough all the DLC on ps3 but I guess this wasnt enough for new content or another pure 2D castlevania...

The game just needed a better offline coop mode, the "zoom out" in the PS3 version is horrible.

Nibel

I thought the difficulty curve was way more steep than previous DS Castlevanias. I need to get back to that when I can.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Harmony of Despair 2. Maybe that was Igas dream project after all, we don't know :)

That's my most requested dl game ever. Bought Harmony on PS3 and 360 with all DLC. Some of the greatest gaming I've ever had.

Wasn't Harmony pretty much trashed by the press, lol? Surprised that there is a following for that title. Never played it myself, mind you, but I always thought it looked neat.
7,5 on GS and IGN isn't a trashing. CV fanboy Jeremy Parish gave it a B+ on 1Up back in the day. Game got 800 pages on GameFAQs's board and was a top 360 board for months on end. Harmony of Despair was simply fantastic. Man I'd buy a whole console for a sequel.

I've been out of touch for a few days.

Could anyone fill me in on this supposed leak about Iga's game that came from 4chan of all places?

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Been watching Double Fine's Let's Play with Iga and I'm near the end but it's been damn good, a lot of the game is the typical "We thought it'd be cool" than anything having meaning but a lot of times that is just the better choice to go with and I hope him and the team do the same for this project.

Foffy

Banned
I've been out of touch for a few days.

Could anyone fill me in on this supposed leak about Iga's game that came from 4chan of all places?

Basically it was a user who claimed to be the usual Castlevania leaker, PORTRAITofRUIN, proclaiming the title of the game, and it having two protagonists while naming them. The female was named Miriam, and I already forget the male's name.

We'll find out on Monday if that leak is true. I personally doubt it, as anyone on /v/ can act like they're anybody, especially when they don't post any leaked materials. She usually posted ingame stuff on GameFAQs until she became reliable enough to just take her word for things, but on an imageboard like /v/, there's no way to vet if they're the same person..

Astral Dog

I thought the difficulty curve was way more steep than previous DS Castlevanias. I need to get back to that when I can.

If not for everybody that was freaking out at the time i would had never noticed the game was supposed to be "hard", it felt in line with the other DS games, but more challenging, you just need to be careful and there are two or three nasty bosses. but still the game never was unfair or too hard imo.

edit: and of course you still have the Glyph and level system in case you need to make it easier.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
And to top it off it's got its music composed by 2 grands of video game music, Michiru Yamane and glorious Yuzo Koshiro.
Music always keeps Castlevania on a highly replayable level but this one probably takes the cake out of them all

TSM

Harmony of Despair was amazing. Playing as content was released was awesome on the 360. Then I got to do it all again on the PS3. 6 player Castlevania co-op was fantastic. My most wanted release is HoD on PC. Imagine what the mod community could do with the engine.

Kaldea

I LOVED Harmony of Despair. Put over 250 hours into the 360 version. Actually, that reminds me that I should get it again on PS3 since I've been craving that game lately. :D

I'd go nuts for either HoD2 or OoE2.

TSM

I LOVED Harmony of Despair. Put over 250 hours into the 360 version. Actually, that reminds me that I should get it again on PS3 since I've been craving that game lately. :D

I fired it up last week on the PS3. Managed to get a couple 3 and 4 player games going. Seems like we might be able to get a GAF group going.

Same. Played tons and tons of HoD when it came out.

Unfortunately, a lot of reviews bashed it because it didn't have a solo story, or it wasn't enough like SotN.

I knew what to expect from previews when I bought it, and was 100% happy with what I got.

My only problem was the cost of each DLCs. So costly for what little it gave.

Kaldea

I fired it up last week on the PS3. Managed to get a couple 3 and 4 player games going. Seems like we might be able to get a GAF group going.

That would be pretty awesome. Surprised people are still active after all this time lol.

Each piece of character and stage DLC was amazing. Even the music DLC was pretty good if you are a fan of Castlevania music. The remixes were all of high quality.
They were indeed nice (loved the Fuma stage), but they costed too much though.
I wanted something more of a single bundle of maps and characters at a decent price.

georly

I loved it too, but I quit once they started introducing ridiculously overpriced DLC :/

I'd have paid 30-40 bucks for a 'complete' edition. Oh well.

TSM

I loved it too, but I quit once they started introducing ridiculously overpriced DLC :/

I'd have paid 30-40 bucks for a 'complete' edition. Oh well.

I'd have willingly paid more if they had kept the DLC coming. We didn't really know it at the time, but HoD was pretty much a 2D Castlevania love letter from Iga to the fans, and it's likely gone for good. Hell of a way to go out though.

Basically it was a user who claimed to be the usual Castlevania leaker, PORTRAITofRUIN, proclaiming the title of the game, and it having two protagonists while naming them. The female was named Miriam, and I already forget the male's name.

We'll find out on Monday if that leak is true. I personally doubt it, as anyone on /v/ can act like they're anybody, especially when they don't post any leaked materials. She usually posted ingame stuff on GameFAQs until she became reliable enough to just take her word for things, but on an imageboard like /v/, there's no way to vet if they're the same person..
Not to mention that whoever this leaker was I presume worked on Konami and Iga's game will have nothing to do with them so why would the same leaker be privy to details of this independent game? I take nothing from this "leak" then.

And I add myself to the opinion that Iga never handled women protagonists very well. If he's having one on his game theres a lot he can improve.

HoD was in some ways a logical extension of the loot hunting that's been a part of Igavanias since the beginning. I think it worked fantastically in those regards.

Foffy

Banned
HoD was in some ways a logical extension of the loot hunting that's been a part of Igavanias since the beginning. I think it worked fantastically in those regards.

I liked it, but it was too grindy. I'm also the type who wants a 'purpose' to games, a central goal that sort of justifies the game. Harmony of Despair lacked that even more than Judgment, which very awkwardly assumes you know the significance of Galamoth. They actually tried to give HD "lore" by explaining the Grimoire as a magical book, but it makes no sense.

TSM

I liked it, but it was too grindy. I'm also the type who wants a 'purpose' to games, a central goal that sort of justifies the game. Harmony of Despair lacked that even more than Judgment, which very awkwardly assumes you know the significance of Galamoth. They actually tried to give HD "lore" by explaining the Grimoire as a magical book, but it makes no sense.

The real end boss of HoD was the RNG. By far more evil then any of the creatures in the game.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Not to mention that whoever this leaker was I presume worked on Konami and Iga's game will have nothing to do with them so why would the same leaker be privy to details of this independent game? I take nothing from this "leak" then.

And I add myself to the opinion that Iga never handled women protagonists very well. If he's having one on his game theres a lot he can improve.

Shanoa was the best CV main character since Alucard and even there, she had more development?

supahkiwi

Banned
I love Harmony of Despair. Spent so much into it. It's too bad certain balance issues led to people flocking to Soma to take on Hard Mode.

Harmony of Despair 2 can take all m money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom