• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

will tekken 6 be @ tgs?

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
alot of people care.

This would just be another feather in the cap of ps3's dominance though.

No! looks like Namco is focusing on PS2 at the moment. They just annouced Ace Combat Zero for PS2 so they might bring over Tekken 5 DR to PS2.

I think we will have to wait until the January 2006 Sony event to see Tekken 6

PhatSaqs

Banned
dark10x said:
Wha? Seriously? I'm not thinking online play is what most Tekken fans are actually interested in right now...
Any fighting game fan should be hoping like hell that this happens. Especially considering the horrid state of arcades now but that's another story....

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Jonnyram said:
Ridge Racer 6 + Frame City = more next-gen games than most developers ;)

True, but at the beginning of last gen they seemed more "active". I think maybe they're looking to not transition quite so quickly this gen. Put it this way, I'm surprised we haven't seen Tekken next-gen yet, if you don't count the E3 tease.

Shoryuken

jett said:
Namco JUST announced Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection. What do you think? :p

With other recent announcements I'm not sure if that means anything. For Example Capcom announced DMC3:Special Edition and Konami's about to release MGS3:Subsistence, but they are still showing DMC4 and MGS4. Although I believe it's not likely, it's still very possible.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Shoryuken said:
With other recent announcements I'm not sure if that means anything. For Example Capcom announced DMC3:Special Edition and Konami's about to release MGS3:Subsistence, but they are still showing DMC4 and MGS4. Although I believe it's not likely, it's still very possible.

It's actually a really smart strategy.

I was on the fence about getting MGS3:S, but with the MGS high I'll be on with 4, and knowing it's a precursor in a couple of ways like the camera and online, I'll definitely be picking it up now.

I think next-gen "hype" can certainly help upcoming current-gen titles in the same series. Obviously works better for some series than others though.

goomba

Banned
I think its odd that Tekken for PS3 hasnt been mentioned as of yet.

Perhaps its revolution exclusive? :lol :lol

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Not a chance. T5DR was just announced for arcades and it doesn't come out until December.

T5DR on PS3 on the other hand... well.... I guess there is an outside chance.

goomba said:
I think its odd that Tekken for PS3 hasnt been mentioned as of yet.

Perhaps its revolution exclusive? :lol :lol

You mean this which was shown at E3 for the PS3?

928302_20050516_screen002.jpg

Miburou

jarrod said:
Nope. I bet T5.1 gets an upgraded PS3 launch release instead.

You mean Tekken 5 DR.

And Namco already showed that Jin demo at E3, so a Tekken for PS3 is pretty much confirmed.

Newduck

With Tekken 5 DR still not out i think Tekken 6 might be abit too soon, especially since we havent actually had enough info on VF5 for namco to really grab anything off.

I do expect a quick tekken release on PS3 in some form though, if Tekken DR wasnt just announced i would have said 6 also, now i'm thinking more along the lines of a upgraded DR for PS3, or Tag 2. I get the impression DR could get quite a quick PS2 port anyway though, a upgraded graphical port of DR on PS3 wouldn't be that interesting, or worth waiting long for.

Dunno how it really effects PS3s status though, series is gonna get pretty diluted with 5, DR, and possibly 6 in such a short time anyway.

I'd put money on an upgraded Dark Resurrection with T6 not due out until 2007. Seems foolish that they'd not put it on PS3 when its so close. TTT used an upgraded PlayStation hardware set too.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
yeah, i expect the first tekken game on ps3 to be a graphically upgraded version of dark resurrection. i don't think the number "6" was ever attached to that e3 footage.

Andrew2

Banned
PhatSaqs said:
Any fighting game fan should be hoping like hell that this happens. Especially considering the horrid state of arcades now but that's another story....

Wow!, and I mean Wow. You actually believe arcades are in a sad state? Go to asia. In fact why not go to south america where arcades are raping the crap out of consoles.

To you arcade in north america might dead, but north america isn't the entire world.

Top Bottom