• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will the Switch break from its "port" stigma?

Jubenhimer

Nintendo Switch allows you to play console games on the go with its portable nature. That's an attractive selling point, especially for ports. However, some people think that the ports don't really do it for them. The first two years of the Switch largely consisted of ports of older games and late release multi-platform titles, which is normal for a new console. But it's also given the system somewhat of a stigma for some as a console that's many times, fashionably late to the party. But the Switch isn't the only console to go through with this in its early years. The DS' first year and or so was mostly crappy GBA ports and console conversions until the more unique stuff started to came in the Fall of 2005. The PS2's first year was mostly Dreamcast ports until the good stuff started coming in Fall 2001. The PS4 and Xbox One spent their first two years relying almost entirely on cross-gen games and remasters until the real next gen stuff started coming. Switch is going through the same phase and good news is, looks like we're almost out of it. Last year gave us a taste of third party exclusive titles like Octopath (which is being ported, but it was first to Switch), and Gal Metal, and games that release much closer to their PS4 counterparts like BlazBlue and Valkyria Chronicles 4. This year, Nintendo's got a lot more original content to show, third party games that come to it are releasing in a more reasonable time frame, and exclusives like Daemon X Machina, Ninjala, Ninja Box, Yokai Watch 4, Sayonara Wild Hearts, and The Red Lantern all look promising, and show that the Swich can be an attractive home for unique, and offbeat niche titles. There's still some late ports like Hellblade and Dragon Quest XI, but they're not as much of a majority as they were before. So do you think 2019 will be the year the Switch breaks from its "Port" stigma.

No, because I'm expecting less and less ports as they're running into a relevance wall with older games and getting into a technical barrier with new ones. All around the system was built to fail, maybe not in terms of sales but in terms of the ability to get games via its compute ceiling, 100%.

Jubenhimer

No, because I'm expecting less and less ports as they're running into a relevance wall with older games and getting into a technical barrier with new ones. All around the system was built to fail, maybe not in terms of sales but in terms of the ability to get games via its compute ceiling, 100%.

If you're talking about high-end AAA games next gen, sure, I'll buy that. But if you mean indie games and mid-budget titles that don't really even need current gen specs to run fine for the most part, then no I still see those games coming to Switch. AAA games are not the only thing in the industry, and as the budget for those games continue to rise, the need for less expensive projects to fill in the gap becomes even greater.

Last edited:

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
Probably not, but that's endemic of the nature of the Switch. Quite simply, PS4, Xbox One, and PC combined have a massively overwhelming advantage in terms of installed base, and making games for all three is just as easy as making games for Switch. On the other hand, adding Switch to that equation involves more work.

There will be some third party exclusives, but they will probably always remain a minority. That's fine, as Switch is a Nintendo console, and its biggest attraction is Nintendo games.

Jubenhimer

Probably not, but that's endemic of the nature of the Switch. Quite simply, PS4, Xbox One, and PC combined have a massively overwhelming advantage in terms of installed base, and making games for all three is just as easy as making games for Switch. On the other hand, adding Switch to that equation involves more work.

That depends on the game. Something like Mega Man 11 can be ported to Switch no problem. Whereas games like MK 11 need to be outsourced, or arrive late, or both. I think by this point, most developers already have the Switch in mind, and thus, have a good idea of what is and isn't possible on it. It's all about integrating it into development plans as early as possible, which a lot of devs didn't get to do earlier in the system's life due to how sudden it released and succeeded.

Last edited:

Codes 208

No because people won’t let you forget that despite games like Mario odyssey, splatoon 2, yoshis crafted world and Pokémon let’s go/gen 8 that there still exists games like Mario kart 8 and dk:tf so it doesn’t count or some shit.

cireza

We can already guess how it is going to end for the Switch. Everything below is simply based on my own appreciation of the market and library of games I have observed on each Nintendo console during my life...

Ports from Nintendo ? Of course there will be ports and more ports from Nintendo, because this is how this company has been working for the last 30 years. They always release again and again the same games on all their consoles. GBA was full of SNES ports. Wii and WIi U had GC ports. DS had N64 ports. Even the SNES had ports from the NES Mario games. This will always be the case.

Right now they are filling the gaps with Wii U ports, mainly because the console failed and these ports are probably the easiest to handle. But you can be sure that Wii and GC ports are the next ones down the road. Metroid Prime games being likely, which is funny since Prime 1 and 2 already have ports on Wii.

Third Parties multiplat ? Obviously third parties try to have a profitable activity. So why not include Switch as well when your current big game can actually run on the console ? That's what they have been thinking, and some multiplat games that are easy to port arrived on Switch. They (often) run like shit, but here they are. Obviously, this does not apply to most of the third party games since they target PS4OnePC. And it will worsen in the future with the next-gen consoles' arrival.

So it is pretty clear that multiplatform games from third parties are going to disappear from the console. Also it is important to take note that with the exceptions of a few series that are assimilated to Nintendo in the mind of consumers (Sonic, Just Dance), third party games tend to sell like shit once the first years of the console are behind. So for third parties, it is interesting to release one or two games in the first years, because the consumers will buy them while they wait the Nintendo games. However, once that enough Nintendo games are available, consumers will buy mainly these games and don't give a shit anymore about games from third parties (with the exception of the few series I stated before).

Third party exclusives ? Given what I have just said about third party games not selling much after the first two years (with the exception of a few series), there is no reason for third parties to output exclusive games on a Nintendo console, because people won't buy them. Not in significant numbers anyway. So third parties won't do this, unless they are paid/funded by Nintendo of course, like Bayonetta 2 & 3 for example, but that's another story. I can only think of Atlus putting games exclusively on Nintendo hardware, but that's Atlus.

Last edited:

Virex

Banned
I own a Switch for the Nintendo games and the few exclusives. I own Zelda, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Octopath Traveler, Splatoon 2, Mario Odyssey and a few indie games. But will I buy multiplats on the Switch? Hell fucking no and I don't care about the "but I can play it on the go justification". My Switch has never left it's dock. Multiplats generally look like shit and cost the same price if not sometimes more than the PC, Xbox and Playstation version. I'll stick with the exclusives on the Switch and that's it.

Last edited:

daveonezero

Banned
Why does it need to? Will the the consoles ever get away from stagnation of genres and huge budgets? Probably not. Just like they won’t ever as far as we know get Nintendo developed games library.

It’s as if people really expected the switch as a portable system to have the power to run all games.

Fbh

No, but it also won't lose the benefit of giving people the option to play those games on the go, or in bed, or while relaxing outside, or while taking a crap.
It also won't lose the cool exclusives.

So I'm not sure it matters

If you're talking about high-end AAA games next gen, sure, I'll buy that. But if you mean indie games and mid-budget titles that don't really even need current gen specs to run fine for the most part, then no I still see those games coming to Switch. AAA games are not the only thing in the industry, and as the budget for those games continue to rise, the need for less expensive projects to fill in the gap becomes even greater.
The pro
We can already guess how it is going to end for the Switch. Everything below is simply based on my own appreciation of the market and library of games I have observed on each Nintendo console during my life...

Ports from Nintendo ? Of course there will be ports and more ports from Nintendo, because this is how this company has been working for the last 30 years. They always release again and again the same games on all their consoles. GBA was full of SNES ports. Wii and WIi U had GC ports. DS had N64 ports. Even the SNES had ports from the NES Mario games. This will always be the case.

Right now they are filling the gaps with Wii U ports, mainly because the console failed and these ports are probably the easiest to handle. But you can be sure that Wii and GC ports are the next ones down the road. Metroid Prime games being likely, which is funny since Prime 1 and 2 already have ports on Wii.

Third Parties multiplat ? Obviously third parties try to have a profitable activity. So why not include Switch as well when your current big game can actually run on the console ? That's what they have been thinking, and some multiplat games that are easy to port arrived on Switch. They (often) run like shit, but here they are. Obviously, this does not apply to most of the third party games since they target PS4OnePC. And it will worsen in the future with the next-gen consoles' arrival.

So it is pretty clear that multiplatform games from third parties are going to disappear from the console. Also it is important to take note that with the exceptions of a few series that are assimilated to Nintendo in the mind of consumers (Sonic, Just Dance), third party games tend to sell like shit once the first years of the console are behind. So for third parties, it is interesting to release one or two games in the first years, because the consumers will buy them while they wait the Nintendo games. However, once that enough Nintendo games are available, consumers will buy mainly these games and don't give a shit anymore about games from third parties (with the exception of the few series I stated before).

Third party exclusives ? Given what I have just said about third party games not selling much after the first two years (with the exception of a few series), there is no reason for third parties to output exclusive games on a Nintendo console, because people won't buy them. Not in significant numbers anyway. So third parties won't do this, unless they are paid/funded by Nintendo of course, like Bayonetta 2 & 3 for example, but that's another story. I can only think of Atlus putting games exclusively on Nintendo hardware, but that's Atlus.
the problem is, most indie games aren’t good.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
There are still a few ports companies can make money on while keeping a regular release cycle. For instance: Pikmin 3, GTAV, Xenoblade X, FFXIV, etc.

While you’re right that we should see more original content, there’s still money to be made with ports, which also keeps the releases coming.

It should also be mentioned that if Nintendo does indeed release a “New” Switch and, as they did with the New 3DS, allow exclusives, developers will scramble to port their PS4/Xbone titles.

Last edited:

Jubenhimer

Third parties are continuing to do well on Switch. Especially Indies, so I don't see why this should change. Not every game will run on Switch obviously, but the ones that do come will sell pretty well. Indies will continue to come to the system, and mid-budget titles and remasters will too.

Even exclusives generally have been selling very well on the system. Octopath sold over a million on the Switch alone, and now the team is working on an

iconmaster

Banned
Will the Xbox ever break from its port stigma?

This is the most multiplatform action a Nintendo system’s seen in decades. It’s not a “stigma.”

Jubenhimer

Will the Xbox ever break from its port stigma?

This is the most multiplatform action a Nintendo system’s seen in decades. It’s not a “stigma.”

Multiplatform games aren't a problem. But it's hard to deny that the majority of the Switch's library for it's first year or so was mainly older games and late ports. Which are fine in their own right, but eventually, the Switch will need to start getting games that it can call its own, or have games that arrive in a more timely fashion with the other versions, which is what we're starting to see this year.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
I don't think there's a port stigma outside certain circles and certain periods, mostly pre-release/early launch where like most systems it had fewer released games, nowadays it has a fuckton (and for most Smash isn't a port, that's where the circles thing applies I guess, it's silly anyway).

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Why wouldn't you want as many ports as possible?

It's not as though it is preventing other games from coming out. All systems have an influx of ports during its first few years, and since Switch is the most powerful portable so far, it's not unusual for it to be getting a ton of ports that the Vita and 3DS were too weak to handle.

Last edited:

brap

Banned
No. Switch users want to play shit ports because they are addicted to games and need to play them every second. Or at least that's how it sounds.

Jubenhimer

No. Switch users want to play shit ports because they are addicted to games and need to play them every second. Or at least that's how it sounds.

I feel like this is the go-to excuse used whenever a third party game on the Switch sells well. It's not doing well because it's a genuinely good game, it's selling well because Switch owners are starving, even though the console has well over 1,000 games, they're desperate to play anything on Switch /s.

iconmaster

Banned
have games that arrive in a more timely fashion with the other versions, which is what we're starting to see this year.

Sorry for the from-the-hip response. I read your post and I agree with you. But while timely releases are better, I’m still in the phase of “they’re bringing *that* game to Switch?” Old game or new, it still surprises me each time.

I haven’t seen the stigma, but if it’s out there it’s probably limited to those who’d never consider a Nintendo system anyway.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
I’m still in the phase of “they’re bringing *that* game to Switch?”y.
To be fair, Switch is going to be the first PS2 since... the PS2. It is already surpassing the number of games for 3DS (7 years old vs 2 years old).

Also, publishing and selling a game has never been easier nor cheaper. Publishers can release existing titles on the Switch for what...$200k, if that? I can't imagine most of these ports are expensive. The thing to consider is that many of these ports are new for the Nintendo audience. An Xbox or Sony gamer wouldn't be dazzled by yet another port of Skyrim, but which Nintendo console (let alone handheld) had an Elder Scrolls game before?

brap

Banned
I feel like this is the go-to excuse used whenever a third party game on the Switch sells well. It's not doing well because it's a genuinely good game, it's selling well because Switch owners are starving, even though the console has well over 1,000 games, they're desperate to play anything on Switch /s.
You know it's true. They need to play games on their little tablets every waking moment. Fuck sitting at home I need to play games while I take a 2 minute shit!

Jubenhimer

You know it's true. They need to play games on their little tablets every waking moment. Fuck sitting at home I need to play games while I take a 2 minute shit!

Lol, Hyperbole aside, the Switch design helps make playing console games more convenient for people who are busy, which is why games are selling so well on it, Indies in particular regular do better on the Switch than anywhere else.

Zannegan

The port stigma is a tempest in a teacup. There is a very small group of vocal gamers who are upset that old games are coming to the system. Most people are positively impacted by having more titles to choose from or else don't care. As others have pointed out though, third party AAA ports will become less and less common as games target the next gen systems.

Given that ports take a tiny fraction of the time and manpower that a full game does and only serve to fill release gaps anyway (and that every new console in the last twp gens has seen a glut of remasters), the "stigma" never made much sense. Being mad about a lack of new games is absolutely justafiable. Being mad about ports of old games makes zero sense.

There is no stigma. 99% of those ports are from immobile pc and consoles. Meaning now you can play them on the move or while taking a shit. They're welcome additions. They take nothing away from the platform, they add plenty. Meanwhile docked mode is justified by Nintendo's 1st party games, two of which are already in the top 5 best games ever conceived, in the history of video games. Not bad for a little hybrid.

Last edited:

Kenpachii

Lol, Hyperbole aside, the Switch design helps make playing console games more convenient for people who are busy, which is why games are selling so well on it, Indies in particular regular do better on the Switch than anywhere else.

More like for people that don't want to game behind there tv's or don't even have a tv anymore to start with.
Also good for people that want to play some more worked out games on a cough while the other watches some other show, or you watch a movie at the same time. All things consoles simple can't do.

Traveling for older people that have lots of downtime it could be handy for that, or just take it with you to your hotel room or other places you visit for longer periods of time.

For simple work travel thing is useless.

Bakkus

Why wouldn't you want as many ports as possible?
I do, what I do not want however is:

1. Charging full price for them
2. Nintendo advertising them as new games.

And Nintendo is doing both. If there weren't for all the ridiculous loopholes you can exuse yourself with when branding something not new as new (think: Battle mode, Funky Kong, etc) Then such advertising should get cease and desist orders.

Mattyp

Gold Member
At least XBox is generally getting multiplatform games day and date along with the other versions (PS4, PC).

Has best version of multiplats, somehow has port stigma.

011.jpg

Port stigma on the Nintendo is getting games late, in poorer or quality (hardware faults) and at a higher price point of the others I think. In my eyes antyway. Never bought a port for my switch I have 3 other platforms the game will run better on, makes 0 sense.

Has best version of multiplats, somehow has port stigma.

011.jpg

Port stigma on the Nintendo is getting games late, in poorer or quality (hardware faults) and at a higher price point of the others I think. In my eyes antyway. Never bought a port for my switch I have 3 other platforms the game will run better on, makes 0 sense.

For indie games it’s great. Higher spec games less so.

petran79

Banned
PSP and Vita had the same issue, regarded mainly as ps1 and ps2 port machines, especially since they allowed to play PS1 games natively. But they had some good exclusives that are still not released on other platforms. But their ports on PC and consoles are highly regarded

Jubenhimer

I am not talking about Indies here.

It's not just indies. Third party games are generally selling well on the Switch, and that doesn't look to be changing anytime soon. Mid-budget titles and exclusives also look to be growing not shrinking as well. It's clear at this point that the Switch is a key player to most developers. Not for every game of course, but a lot of titles would work well with it.

cireza

It's not just indies. Third party games are generally selling well on the Switch, and that doesn't look to be changing anytime soon. Mid-budget titles and exclusives also look to be growing not shrinking as well. It's clear at this point that the Switch is a key player to most developers. Not for every game of course, but a lot of titles would work well with it.
Even if some third parties had decent sales, I believe it will turn out how I described it.

Jubenhimer

Even if some third parties had decent sales, I believe it will turn out how I described it.

Right now there isn't much of anything to back that up in my eyes. If anything, support is increasing year on year. We're two years into the system right now and games are still selling very well on it. I think it's abundantly clear at this point that Switch isn't like Nintendo consoles of past. It's more like the DS, where third parties will make games for it regardless of power because it's easy to develop for and sells like hotcakes in both hardware and software.

Last edited:

PocoJoe

Banned
There is no stigma. 99% of those ports are from immobile pc and consoles. Meaning now you can play them on the move or while taking a shit. They're welcome additions. They take nothing away from the platform, they add plenty. Meanwhile docked mode is justified by Nintendo's 1st party games, two of which are already in the top 5 best games ever conceived, in the history of video games. Not bad for a little hybrid.

IMO the problem with Nintendo games and reviews is this:

Mario/zelda etc almost always gets higher rates than they should, some kind of fanboy bonus. And almost no one have guts to say bad things about these games in reviews. Like to me mario odyssey were one of the most boring games I have played in years, would any reviewer say that if they would feel the same? Probably not.

Nintendo gets forgiven way more than others do.

Is zelda a good game, yes. It is flawless to deserve 10/10? Hell no, there were technical issues from weak hardware, they usually drop the score in other platforms, but not on nintendo. Also many other small things that could have done better, but it didnt lose points. Imo zelda is 8.5/10

10/10 would mean that there isnt anything to fix or could not do it better.

So, when nintendo game is in top 5, I dont think that it is literally one of the 5 best games of all time, it is just one of good games that are praised by people that would not give the same score for identical game with different main characters on another system.

Like replace zelda characters with something from sony, everything else would be identical, release on ps4. would it still get 10/10? I doubt it.

ROMhack

I don't see this as an issue. I welcome the ports and feel it's a testament to how well the Switch has been designed that 'playing the same games but in a new, convenient way' works.

I actually find the Switch has a decent steady release of games all round, including the ports. It's not perfect but there's a great mix of titles and anybody longing for an old style gaming experience will find it on Switch. It's why I'm okay paying more money for them, although I was sceptical of this before I bought the thing.

Last edited:

royox

The best game this console has is a wiiU port (breath of the wild). Of course it's considered a port console.

Shy Fingers

Banned
People want their favorite games, but mobile. I don't see an issue.

Nintendo exclusives + third party console on the move sounds good to me.

EDMIX

There will be some third party exclusives, but they will probably always remain a minority. That's fine, as Switch is a Nintendo console, and its biggest attraction is Nintendo games.

Agreed. The install base very much knows the reason behind the system and it isn't those ports. The markets are just too far apart as many need to look at it like this.... how many hardcore Resident Evil fans are waiting to play RE5,6,7 and re2 remake? The ports its getting many times are from established series that have a strong footing else where. So the majority of many of those series will likely stay on PC, PS and XB in terms of core install base. I'm sure Nintendo knows that though.

Mario/zelda etc almost always gets higher rates than they should, some kind of fanboy bonus. And almost no one have guts to say bad things about these games in reviews. Like to me mario odyssey were one of the most boring games I have played in years, would any reviewer say that if they would feel the same? Probably not.

Is zelda a good game, yes. It is flawless to deserve 10/10? Hell no, there were technical issues from weak hardware, they usually drop the score in other platforms, but not on nintendo. Also many other small things that could have done better, but it didnt lose points. Imo zelda is 8.5/10

So, when nintendo game is in top 5, I dont think that it is literally one of the 5 best games of all time, it is just one of good games that are praised by people that would not give the same score for identical game with different main characters on another system.

Like replace zelda characters with something from sony, everything else would be identical, release on ps4. would it still get 10/10? I doubt it.

Bolded part 1: Having played and finished both titles in question (BOTW and Odyssey), this is plain false. They get adoration and dick sucking from 9/10 players because they're awesome.

Bolded part 2: Aaaaand now I know you haven't played and finished the two games in question. Both games are very thin on story and characters. Their no.1 focus is gameplay. so if you replaced link with TJ from GTa (which is possible using cemu/emulation) and Mario with a popsicle, you would still get 10s and 9.5's

Last edited:

EDMIX

Right now there isn't much of anything to back that up in my eyes. If anything, support is increasing year on year. We're two years into the system right now and games are still selling very well on it. I think it's abundantly clear at this point that Switch isn't like Nintendo consoles of past. It's more like the DS, where third parties will make games for it regardless of power because it's easy to develop for and sells like hotcakes in both hardware and software.

Yea I disagree with that.

"I think it's abundantly clear at this point that Switch isn't like Nintendo consoles of past" its exactly like their systems in the past in terms of support of major titles, in some areas its actually worse as they lost support from IPs they got with Wii U.

So I think publishers tried with Nintendo and wanted to see if their install base could support those IPs.

Clearly....things happened different.

Wii U saw stuff like Watchdogs, Assassins Creed 3 and 4, Call Of Duty etc You saw that clearly some publishers were ok with some of those mega AAA titles coming on there they are trying.

Switch, no Watchdogs 2, no Assassins Creed Unity, no Call Of Duty etc Its very clear something has changed and those publishers are not very much aware that maybe that install base cares not for some of those IP. So PC, PS and XB do not get SOME of those series, they get all....

So you are seeing less of that from some publishers and some other try like Bethesda and Rockstar but even they are not putting all their IP on that system as I think even they didn't know those games would sell so poorly. So I expect going forward you are going to see less as that is what you saw those other publishers do when those sales sobered them up.

Maybe Bethesda and Rockstar finally saw what Ubisoft, Activision and EA had to put up with and realized it wasn't some cake walk.

So you are basically see more of the same if not even less AAA support then you saw with Wii U. Replace the missing Call Of Duty, Watchdogs etc with Doom and LA Noire if you have to...., you'll see even when you start picking it apart, you either end up with around the same or less.

All anyone has to do with any amount of logic is just look at the biggest titles coming out. Star Wars Jedi, Metro 3, DMC5, RE2 remake, Sekiro, The Division 2, Anthem, KH3, Far Cry New Dawn, The Outer world, APEX, Shenmue 3, Rage 2 (so much for that ID support btw) and the list goes on.

Some of the biggest titles of the whole year, are not coming to that platform. Do you not get how big a of a news story it would be if even 1 or 2 of those games listed wasn't coming to XB or PS or PC?

Yet for Switch, its very, very normal, expected and understood. How do you think that plays out with publishers knowing that such a base is pretty much fine with that? The more those games come to PC, PS and XB, the more those users clearly know a newly built PC, next PS or next XB is the way to go.

They don't have to guess if those IP are coming to them. That is something clearly only Nintendo fans have to deal with every gen.

EDMIX

Bolded part 1: Having played and finished both titles in question (BOTW and Odyssey), this is plain false. They get adoration and dick sucking from 9/10 players because they're awesome.

Bolded part 2: Aaaaand now I know you haven't played and finished the two games in question. Both games are very thin on story and characters. Their no.1 focus is gameplay. so if you replaced link with TJ from GTa (which is possible using cemu/emulation) and Mario with a popsicle, you would still get 10s and 9.5's

Bolded part 1 - now this where I light you up lol. Now I know you a lie annnnnnnnnd now I know you haven't played and finished "GTa" lol jk

EDMIX

"Like replace zelda characters with something from sony, everything else would be identical, release on ps4. would it still get 10/10? I doubt it. "

Hard to say. I think it could score high, but maybe not 10-10 etc. The thing i have issue with is, the stuff I've read people state about Ubisoft games is exactly what BoTW did yet folks try to pretend as if it was new or different and many of the features where very, very dated. its not a bad game, but the game is massively exaggerted almost to a comical degree, yet when they start talking about what they want for a sequel OHHHHHHHHHH suddenly they didn't like no dungeons? Suddenly they hate how empty the world was? Oh they want better bosses? Amazing....and where on earth was this in the review?

So its not a bad game, its also not a 10-10, GOTY or anything remotely like that. So Biomutant can do something new and different and watch it get ok reviews and expect it not to get GOTY.

You put Link in that, trust me....they'd be THROWING GOTY and perfect scores etc. So I don't get it, its almost as if the same way they play those games, they clearly do not give the same merit to any other IP. They way they acted with the games physics was laughable considering its a 3RD PARTY ENGINE, it has existed in games for legit over a decade, yet they acted as if they never played Half Life 2 before.

So I see what you mean and I overall agree with you. As someone that plays Nintendo games still, I don't play them with this fake concept as if they are making something new or different, I've played too many um...non-Nintendo games, to realize that isn't really new, that is just new to some Nintendo fans.

I had someone legit tell me how shocked they were that you could be struck by lightning in the game. So this dude just never played any open world game huh? lol

Top Bottom