• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will you stock up on food/supplies for a potential second wave?

Will you stock up for a second Covid wave?

• Yes

Votes: 18 23.1%
  • No

Votes: 60 76.9%

• Total voters

Dr.D00p

Gold Member
Supermarket supply chains are now geared up for the extra demand if there is a large(ish) second wave, which wasn't the case in March, Supermarket delivery slots have also tripled in capacity, so I really don't see it being anywhere near as bad as 6mths ago.

highrider

Banned
No I’m just going to shake down weaker people for supplies if things get bad 👍 I like to think they are doing all that for me. Plus there’s Deer all over where I live, I’ll have a full freezer in no time 😎

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
If you have someone close to you that you care about you would understand. <3

Perhaps if you had someone close to you burned in an arson attack you'd understand that too.

JordanN

Banned
Supermarket supply chains are now geared up for the extra demand if there is a large(ish) second wave, which wasn't the case in March, Supermarket delivery slots have also tripled in capacity, so I really don't see it being anywhere near as bad as 6mths ago.
I wonder if anyone has considered the possibility of strikes/mass quitting?

Keep in mind when Coronavirus first spread, every business but "essential" ones were asked to closed. Yet having more shoppers means increasing the burden on retail associates who barely saw any pay increase (or it was all temporary and then quickly terminated).

What's stopping these people from just walking on the job the next time a second wave does happen?

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
I put yes, but it's not for a second wave and more for Brexit. I know full well that the government is not prepared and will be pulling us out without a deal.

I'm well stocked up for a second wave and/or no deal Brexit.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
It is what it is.

Keep hands clean, wear a mask, and socially distance where appropriate. Thats all you can do, and while it is an inconvenience, its not hard.

Its a virus, not black magic. If you act sensibly your chances of contracting it go down, that's a win for you and everyone around you.

johntown

Banned
Toilet paper and hand sanitizer were the big issues and I will shortly have enough of both.

I don't have any plans to stock up on food unless I am forced to. If people start panic buying and clearing things out then I am left with little choice but to get more than I normally would to make sure I have something. If everyone is calm and normal then no. If people panic yes.

JordanN

Banned
Tomorrow there is going to be a lockdown in my area, but not country wide. Just in Toronto and its suburbs.

But idiots already started lining up. They don't realize grocery stores were never going to close. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

6jwmYYM.jpg

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Tomorrow there is going to be a lockdown in my area, but not country wide. Just in Toronto and its suburbs.

But idiots already started lining up. They don't realize grocery stores were never going to close. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

6jwmYYM.jpg
That just looks like a normal weekend where I live. And everyone stocking up for Thanksgiving .... and Black Friday. But I'm sure people are worried about some items not being in stock this year at the very least.

JordanN

Banned
I never stopped stockpiling. I was born in the soviet union, you are retarded not to
The only issue is that the government never ordered any grocery stores to close. Food was always available so no one was going to starve.

But that's also why these lockdowns are stupid. They can close down barber shops but they're ok with 1,000 people crowding inside a supermarket.

Edit: Oh yeah, and I already mentioned the lockdown was for the Toronto area only. People can just drive 10 minutes to the next city and do all their shopping their anyway. Our government can barely think straight.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

Nah, people were panicking when the virus was still an unknown. Now we have records with 20-25k daily cases and no one's buying toilet paper or any of that stuff. Even the grocery stores and the supermarkets don't give a fuck about enforcing customer limits, they only did that for the first few weeks in the spring when we had lockdown.

Last edited:
The only issue is that the government never ordered any grocery stores to close. Food was always available so no one was going to starve.

But that's also why these lockdowns are stupid. They can close down barber shops but they're ok with 1,000 people crowding inside a supermarket.

Edit: Oh yeah, and I already mentioned the lockdown was for the Toronto area only. People can just drive 10 minutes to the next city and do all their shopping their anyway. Our government can barely think straight.

Yeah pk but you should always have a month worth of food ready. Or more if you can grow potatoes and have a potato cellar

JordanN

Banned
Nah, people were panicking when the virus was still an unknown. Now we have records with 20-25k daily cases and no one's buying toilet paper or any of that stuff. Even the grocery stores and the supermarkets don't give a fuck about enforcing customer limits, they only did that for the first few weeks in the spring when we had lockdown.
Yeah, I noticed that.
In the beginning, there use to be people standing at the doors and they kept count, but now they just let anyone walk in and out of the store like it's nothing.

Ironically, it's only the local restaurants I see enforcing the customer limit, even though they're struggling for business.

Last edited:

jufonuk

not tag worthy
I originally put yes but
seems more sedate and relaxed in the UK and France this time around so no, we have about two maybe three weeks of food at home. so should be ok but lets see.

Last edited:

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Toilet paper and paper towels are getting weird again.

Got a buddy at Walmart that is hearing from vendors that supply is not going to be great this winter.

I don’t see runs on groceries happening to the extent that they did again though.

Where's the option for " i'm a prepper and laugh at people just now deciding to stock up on stuff"?

For real though I have about 9 months or so of stock on hand at any given time.

teezzy

Banned
I've got enough toilet paper, paper towel, sardines, and tuna to last me a bit. Not intentionally, just how I live breh

JordanN

Banned
So the Toronto area lockdown has officially commenced, but the grocery stores are still open. With no lines even!

f8eEvls.jpg

Top Bottom