• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Opinion Will you stock up on food/supplies for a potential second wave?

Will you stock up for a second Covid wave?

• Yes

Votes: 15 23.8%
  • No

Votes: 48 76.2%

• Total voters

Dr.D00p

May 23, 2019
Supermarket supply chains are now geared up for the extra demand if there is a large(ish) second wave, which wasn't the case in March, Supermarket delivery slots have also tripled in capacity, so I really don't see it being anywhere near as bad as 6mths ago.

highrider

Dec 18, 2010
washington d.c.
No I’m just going to shake down weaker people for supplies if things get bad 👍 I like to think they are doing all that for me. Plus there’s Deer all over where I live, I’ll have a full freezer in no time 😎

JordanN

Apr 21, 2012
Brampton, Ontario
Supermarket supply chains are now geared up for the extra demand if there is a large(ish) second wave, which wasn't the case in March, Supermarket delivery slots have also tripled in capacity, so I really don't see it being anywhere near as bad as 6mths ago.
I wonder if anyone has considered the possibility of strikes/mass quitting?

Keep in mind when Coronavirus first spread, every business but "essential" ones were asked to closed. Yet having more shoppers means increasing the burden on retail associates who barely saw any pay increase (or it was all temporary and then quickly terminated).

What's stopping these people from just walking on the job the next time a second wave does happen?

Last edited:

IDKFA

Jan 15, 2017
I put yes, but it's not for a second wave and more for Brexit. I know full well that the government is not prepared and will be pulling us out without a deal.

I'm well stocked up for a second wave and/or no deal Brexit.

• LOL
Reactions: hariseldon

Clear

Deer/Dur
Feb 2, 2009
It is what it is.

Keep hands clean, wear a mask, and socially distance where appropriate. Thats all you can do, and while it is an inconvenience, its not hard.

Its a virus, not black magic. If you act sensibly your chances of contracting it go down, that's a win for you and everyone around you.

johntown

Dec 27, 2010
East Coast
Toilet paper and hand sanitizer were the big issues and I will shortly have enough of both.

I don't have any plans to stock up on food unless I am forced to. If people start panic buying and clearing things out then I am left with little choice but to get more than I normally would to make sure I have something. If everyone is calm and normal then no. If people panic yes.