• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wimbledon 2013 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder it feels like when you do that. I mean, what was running through Rosol's head, and Darci's right now?

Rafa wasn't 100% even in Paris. His game was off. But even a 75% Rafa will win on clay. I'm not surprised he's struggling on grass.

Bo-Locks

Is Nadal just gonna play the clay courts and win the French from now on, and then just rest his knees for the rest of the year? That seems to be the way to go.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Thing is, a large part of me suspects that this is actually Murray Syndrome, where the injury develops as a result of being down rather than being down resulting from having an injury.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
can't believe this is happening again. this guy is 29 and has only once reached the second round at wimbledon. still expect him to start fading.

Simplet

It's obviously stopping from playing his backhand the way he would like it to and I fear he's aggrevating whatever it is by trying to run around is constantly.

Is this the first time you watch Nadal play? He always does that. Not to mention that he'd be crazy to run 3 or 4 meters more on each ball for nothing if he has a knee problem.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
It's obviously stopping from playing his backhand the way he would like it to and I fear he's aggrevating whatever it is by trying to run around is constantly.

I'm totally with Crab here, I think it's just psychosomatic.

Reyne

Yeah, Rafa is letting balls fly past him as if he were glued to the ground. Only way he is winning is if Darcis forgets how to hit a groundstroke or hits everything in Nadals general direction.

Wes

venison crêpe
Is this the first time you watch Nadal play? He always does that. Not to mention that he'd be crazy to run 3 or 4 meters more on each ball for nothing if he has a knee problem.

No it's not.

I'm suggesting that there appears to be a knee problem in this specific match affecting him to a greater degree than his usual knee related ailments. Particularly with his backhand.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
We're getting into "healthy Nadal never loses" territory here. He just won Roland Garros, the knee is clearly not that bad.

Brinbe

KuGsj.gif
what the fuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom