• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows 8 / RT |OT|

hadareud

The Translator
You'll have received an email from Microsoft if you used the upgrade offer.

Subject: Thanks for ordering Windows 8 (order # XXXXXXXXX)‏, and it came from Microsoft Customer Support.

The email contains the product code.

edit: product key, I meant.

You'll have received an email from Microsoft if you used the upgrade offer.

Subject: Thanks for ordering Windows 8 (order # XXXXXXXXX)‏, and it came from Microsoft Customer Support.

The email contains the product code.

You're fucking awesome. Found the key, but it's saying it doesn't work "with this edition of Windows."

So yeah. Shit. I'm screwed, but this was all my fault anyway. Thanks for all you're help though.

hadareud

The Translator
Well that sucks.

I'd give it another go with the new ISO that they'll release in 20 minutes, because the key should work just fine.

Well that sucks.

I'd give it another go with the new ISO that they'll release in 20 minutes, because the key should work just fine.

I think it's because I installed the preview which uses the generic key Windows lent, and that's now my system product key. It won't recognize my old key since it's no longer in my system. Right?

Hm. Hope my upgrade key works though. Where will I be able to find the official ISO?

Groof

So it should hit in a couple of minutes right? How long do you guys wager an update would take? I'll be heading out in maybe 15-20 minutes, would that be enough?

edit: it's up on the store. 3.42GB

kharma45

Let's do this

IjLjOww.png

Mohasus

Damn, 3.6gb.

I think it's because I installed the preview which uses the generic key Windows lent, and that's now my system product key. It won't recognize my old key since it's no longer in my system. Right?

Hm. Hope my upgrade key works though. Where will I be able to find the official ISO?

Isn't it because you bought Windows 8 PRO and the iso is for the basic Windows 8? This happened to me.

Damn, 3.6gb.

Isn't it because you bought Windows 8 PRO and the iso is for the basic Windows 8? This happened to me.

I did get Windows 8 PRO. What am I supposed to do then? OH! Are you saying the ISO I was trying was for basic? That would explain a lot.

Also, an ISO available yet?

Blitzhex

I'm downloading.
But I got there from here:

Does this mean I'm downloading the preview or is that store front picture just not updated yet and I'm downloading the real thing? It's confusing because it doesn't say preview at the download file, just says Windows 8.1 pro.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
What exactly is different with 8.1?

Are there going to be ISOs or stand-alone setup programs for Windows 8.1? Or if I refresh my PC after installing the update will it install a clean version of 8.1?

Maybe it's me being old-fashioned, but I've been conditioned over the years to see that Windows.old folder as the harbinger of doom (or at least niggles that are deceptively time-consuming to fix).

Top Bottom