• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2010 Anime Thread: Wandering Son & All the Other Crap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dresden

firehawk12 said:
I was totally indifferent to this show until the library arc. It just went in such an unexpected direction compared to the rest of the "get the girl" arcs that it was such a nice change of tone. Of course, I don't think you could do a whole series like this (since, apparently, it was "slow"), but it made a generic harem a bit more interesting than it had any right to be.

Certainly those screens depict a show that didn't exist up until the final arc.
I'm a huge defender of the show, but yeah, the library arc really kicked it up a notch. It's one reason why I'm so excited about the second season--it'll likely cover some of the more interesting arcs along with Haqua.
BluWacky said:
Have I missed something by not watching Kaminomi? It sounded like awful harem-esque rubbish (huhuhu geek has to kiss lots of girls but he doesn't like them! Hijinks ensue!), but those screencaps look great.
The quality went way up for the last four or so episodes. Someone there really liked the library girl.

And I should have mentioned the final episode, which was brilliant. DAT GOD MODE.

Halycon said:
Yumekui Merry: Kyon, Mikuru, Haruhi and Itsuki?
Itsuki is a fucking slimeball now. He's like guaranteed to be a villain.

Dresden

InfiniteNine said:
God mode is in the final episode!? WATCHING.
ISfnal.jpg

Einherjar

Infinite Stratos and Freezing are like the same show with different characters lol.

Yumekui Merry was an interesting watch.

The writing for GoSick was pretty bad IMO, probably won't watch any more eps.

CardFight was also interesting, though I like card games.

Onii-chan no koto had one creeeeepy intro lol.

Dresden said:
I'm a huge defender of the show, but yeah, the library arc really kicked it up a notch. It's one reason why I'm so excited about the second season--it'll likely cover some of the more interesting arcs along with Haqua.

The quality went way up for the last four or so episodes. Someone there really liked the library girl.

And I should have mentioned the final episode, which was brilliant. DAT GOD MODE.

Itsuki is a fucking slimeball now. He's like guaranteed to be a villain.

The Author seems to really dig her since he kinda hyped her
return for that current arc

Jex

the Dirty Pair Strike Again: Man, it would be cool if someone could make an anime out of this book.

expy

Banned
Infinite Stratos: Will watch the entire series
Freezing: Will probably continue watching
Madoka: Will see after ep 2

trejo

Wait, people actually liked TWGOK? Library girl arc was way too slow for me and the last episode really drove home the idea that the main character is just a pathetic shut-in. Cringeworthy stuff.

Still, some of those library scenes did look very pretty and I did end up watching the whole thing so it's gotta have something going for it. It's just that for the life of me I can't figure out what.

Branduil

trejo said:
Wait, people actually liked TWGOK? Library girl arc was way too slow for me and the last episode really drove home the idea that the main character is just a pathetic shut-in. Cringeworthy stuff.

Still, some of those library scenes did look very pretty and I did end up watching the whole thing so it's gotta have something going for it. It's just that for the life of me I can't figure out what.
I don't understand the attraction to the show at all. As far as I can tell it's the OreImo of harem shows.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Freezing: Twelve seconds in and I already know I won't care about anything this panty party has to offer. Has to be a record.

trejo

Branduil said:
I don't understand the attraction to the show at all. As far as I can tell it's the OreImo of harem shows.
I... also ended up watching the entirety of OreImo. It was awful. WTF is wrong with me? :lol

trejo said:

I didn't love the anime or anything, but the manga is apparently super popular. Supposedly it stops being episodic and stuff happens outside the "girl of the week" thing. Planned to start it a while ago but I kept putting it off. Maybe later tonight.

Apath

Branduil said:
TWGOK is the reason I am able to get out of bed in the morning.

zoku88

The Big brother in that series is one of the most pathetic, perverted main characters :lol

He even gets worse as the series goes on :lol

Oniichan no Koto Nanka Zenzen de something about incest

I'm just thinking throughout the entire episode "wow, this has to be the most blatant incest anime shown on TV ever. Sora no that other incest show has nothing on this." Then the
photo album conversation happens :/

I kind of want to watch this just to see how ridiculous things get. The first episode was definitely entertaining.

tiff

Banned
cosmicblizzard said:
I'm just thinking throughout the entire episode "wow, this has to be the most blatant incest anime shown on TV ever. Sora no that other incest show has nothing on this."
I'm not really sure how incest gets more blatant than Yosuga no Sora.

...I need to see this.

Infinite Stratos : Got two minutes in, about half-way through the OP (after the opening scene) and closed it.
Generic opening impression and terrible Mech design? No thank you.

Beezlbub 1
Best of whats new so far imo, laughed a few times and it set up whats to come without being boring or retared like Gosick and Infinite Stratos.

Beelzebub

I don't entirely remember what chapter 1 was like, but this seems to be a pretty good adaptation. I'm hoping they don't go crazy at the beginning and do like 3 chapters per episode. I already believe this started A LOT sooner than it should have. We need more continuous long-running weekly shounen adaptations and this is one of the better recent ones.

trejo

Infinite Stratos 1

Boy, those sure are some fugly mechs. Also, I think I've already seen this exact same show about a dozen times before.

Next up: Yumekui Merry!

mAcOdIn

watatatow said:
First episode had giant robots doing push-ups. How could anybody not find that awesome?
Lol, what show is this? This reminds me of how absurd that episode of Full Metal Panic! was with the robot AS's fighting it out in various sports like ping pong, I about wanted to punch my tv. Then this Infinite Stratos show has robots doing Kendo, what the fuck is the point of this? My head.

Oh yeah, Infinite Stratos sucked though, Full Metal Panic! at least was amusing at times. Fucking Christ, why is it that the default male panic response is to like look around frantically and sweat? So the guy finds he's sharing a room with a chick who's coming out of the shower and instead of warning her verbally, assuming he doesn't want to be in that situation, or manning up and and picking out a good spot in the room, assuming he wants to be in the situation, he's gotta panic like he wants out but doesn't actually get out. What the fuck is that? What the fuck is that? I can't stand where they'll make a protagonist reasonable fast on their feet in regards to everything except if there's a female in the immediate vicinity. He can block a sword with his hands but can't walk to a door? Or face the opposite direction? Hmm? He can call out some annoying British chick but other times fumbles around like a 5 year old? Come on.

flawfuls

Mistudomoe S2 episode 1

That was a weird way to start a season. The entire episode was an episode of that fictional superhero show they watch. It was pretty amusing though, superheroes accidentally killing children by the bus load is always fun.

Dresden

trejo said:
Yumekui Merry

WTF is wrong with her eyes?!
They're fucking awful, I know. I started taking screencaps but gave up because it was hurting my head.

They look like... I don't know. She's either had them closed, or she's a fucking frog or something. Just awful design.

0cZTDl.jpg

Dresden said:
They're fucking awful, I know. I started taking screencaps but gave up because it was hurting my head.

They look like... I don't know. She's either had them closed, or she's a fucking frog or something. Just awful design.

0cZTDl.jpg

looks like Naruto's in Sage mode (which is frog based)

zoku88

Dresden said:

Clearly, you haven't read the manga.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It says something that, of all the wacky shit in anime, you guys seem to draw the line at rectangle pupils.

Jerk 2.0 said:
Beezlebub 1

I very much enjoyed that; I am not sure if I like this fact.

It looks like you have the potential. Join us!

Dresden said:
You're slowly becoming a part of the herd.

Also: I really want a Medaka Box anime.

How's it doing in the ratings? As long as it doesn't get cancelled and has some level of popularity, we could probably even get one this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom