• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2010 Anime Thread: Wandering Son & All the Other Crap

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Articalys said:
I know I'm stretching your rule a bit, but it seems Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood seemed to do okay, and a little while ago wasn't everyone in here talking about Oniisama e or whatever it was called?
;)

but yeah in the context you meant you're probably right

-sama is classy, -chan is trashy!

mAcOdIn

firehawk12 said:
Oh right, I still need to watch Madoka. I just assume it's awesome by default (maybe I need to watch the loli-Vampire show... it's the only one I haven't seen at this point).

And, I dunno... Infinite Stratos is like a wet dream made manifest. Robot fetishists and harem lovers join forces to make the most pandering and bland show ever. Although I suppose I agree that I'm impressed with how crass the show is in terms of being completely exploitative.
Well that's old news though as Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari has had it covered down to OMG this is like the only male pilot surrounded by all female pilots and upped it to make him OMGWTFBBQAWESOME outside of the mech as well. The other Tenchi series are probably all just as lame.
Articalys said:
I know I'm stretching your rule a bit, but it seems Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood seemed to do okay, and a little while ago wasn't everyone in here talking about Oniisama e or whatever it was called?
;)

but yeah in the context you meant you're probably right
Hey the rules are the rules! FMA: Brotherhood shouldn't have existed, it should have just been Full Metal Alchemist from the start, then it wouldn't have been an issue, and as for Oniisama e, well that's probably bad in it's own way but loved for it. I dunno, haven't seen it. The rule may still be fine for all I know.

trejo

I usually just disregard it when other people say it but this really does seem like an honest-to-goodness shitty season. There's some potentially good stuff but nothing thus far has entered must-watch territory for me.

Maybe I'll use this season to finally get around to tracking down Utena, Princess Tutu and the insanity-inducing Macross 7.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
trejo said:
I usually just disregard it when other people say it but this really does seem like an honest-to-goodness shitty season. There's some potentially good stuff but nothing thus far has entered must-watch territory for me.

Maybe I'll use this season to finally get around to tracking down Utena, Princess Tutu and the insanity-inducing Macross 7.
You know you wont!

Jex

firehawk12 said:
And, I dunno... Infinite Stratos is like a wet dream made manifest. Robot fetishists and harem lovers join forces to make the most pandering and bland show ever. Although I suppose I agree that I'm impressed with how crass the show is in terms of being completely exploitative.
As someone who deeply enjoys kick-ass robot combat, I'd have to disagree.

It has to be well executed first, and it isn't.

Dresden

trejo said:

Winter is the new Summer. 'Tis the season for backlogs.

Grzi

Magical Madoka was pretty good, as was Yumekui Merry.
Gosick was boring, but I hope it gets better.

Infinite Stratos sucked. But I'll probably watch it anyway.
Freezing - what the fuck :lol

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Jexhius said:
As someone who deeply enjoys kick-ass robot combat, I'd have to disagree.

It has to be well executed first, and it isn't.
What happens if next week's girl on boy battle ends up being the most awesome thing ever in terms of a mech action sequence? :lol

mAcOdIn said:
Well that's old news though as Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari has had it covered down to OMG this is like the only male pilot surrounded by all female pilots and upped it to make him OMGWTFBBQAWESOME outside of the mech as well. The other Tenchi series are probably all just as lame.

Wow, that show even has a blond girl with princess curls.

Jex

firehawk12 said:
What happens if next week's girl on boy battle ends up being the most awesome thing ever in terms of a mech action sequence? :lol
It won't be.

And if anything like that happened, it would be up on youtube, in some MAD compilation (what does that actually stand for?).

Dresden

trejo said:
It does have amazing cel shading. I'll give you that.
OIXKZ.jpg

Any time I think of idolmaster, I think of Miura wasting his time GRRM style.

trejo

Rio Rainbow Gate 1

Ah, just when I thought this season couldn't possibly get any worse this comes along and lowers the bar just a little bit more. Though I will admit at this point I'm just willingly subjecting myself to the bottom of the barrel stuff.

Dresden

trejo said:
Rio Rainbow Gate 1

Ah, just when I thought this season couldn't possibly get any worse this comes along and lowers the bar just a little bit more. Though I will admit at this point I'm just willingly subjecting myself to the bottom of the barrel stuff.
Pretty much. :lol Your masochistic tendencies have come to light.

Lain

Jexhius said:
Mezzo Forte - Action scenes only - Wow. Just wow.

What about the sex scenes? I thought those were just as awesomely animated as the rest.
Or do they fall under action scenes too?

It's so good to watch shows after they're done. You can watch episodes back to back if you feel like it and have no need to wait weeks!
On episode 5 of The World God Only Knows. Episode 4 was a bit random, but had its fair share of funny moments. Episode 5 killed me when he was more interested in trying to save the game instead of saving his life :lol

trejo

On a completely unrelated note, I finished Saya no uta recently.

It was sick, twisted, perverted, disgusting and completely wrong. It was also kinda awesome.

Jex

Lain said:
What about the sex scenes? I thought those were just as awesomely animated as the rest.l
No idea, I just watched a "compilation" video of the action sequences.

Lain

A Black Falcon said:
Oh, I haven't seen Kite Liberator. Is it any good at all?

It's cool. I liked Mezzo Forte a little bit more, but Kite Liberator is just as cool, even if somewhat more sad.

Jex

trejo said:
That's cheating!
I just wanna see dudes spin-kicked through walls.

Mad Bull 34: Basically this a story about a segment of the New York police force. It's a documentary, like Commando.

Pokemon Best Wishes ep 674-Ok. Just saw the best Team Rocket scene in this ep. Thank god they stopped trying to go after Ash and Pikachu.

trejo

Jexhius said:
Mad Bull 34: Basically this a story about a segment of the New York police force. It's a documentary, like Commando.
I would totally watch Commando as narrated by David Attenborough.

mAcOdIn

trejo said:
I would totally watch Commando as narrated by David Attenborough.
This is the anime thread therefore Kyon is the right answer, which I think would actually be awesome. After Haruhi has run it's course I hope they do a MST3000 type thing with Kyon doing popular movies.

trejo

Jexhius said:
If you watch all the worst shows it's no surprise that you'd become disillusioned :lol
I usually watch the first episodes of everything. It also usually doesn't seem this bad.

Verano said:
I liked it...
:lol

fanservice is a bit much...
Well, they graphically show girls getting beheaded and mutilated and still make a point of showing their panties once they're lying in a puddle of their own blood.

Yeah, I'd say the fanservice is a bit much...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom