• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocodile

Are we still having this "How do we stop Attack on Titan from winning GAF Anime of the Year?" discussion? I hope you realize (those earnestly involved in the discussion) how "nerdy" it's making you guys seem. If you are so confident in the quality of the programs you liked, as long as it's well known, it has a good shot at placing well. Just let the chips fall where they may. Some of you are acting as if the final results have any real meaning on anything other than what the forum as a whole really liked and maybe a quick shorthand as a recommendation list to other forum members. Do you think if Wolf Children wins that the next shipment of DVDs to Best Buy will have "NeoGaf's Anime of the Year 2013" on the back?

son-300x224.jpg

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Someone should just put the format up to a vote and let it be decided that way. It's apparent that there isn't going to be a solution that pleases everybody. So let the majority decide.

We're doing a vote for a voting style? This makes no sense to me.

jman2050

Someone should just put the format up to a vote and let it be decided that way. It's apparent that there isn't going to be a solution that pleases everybody. So let the majority decide.

But how should we format the vote to decide the format? Hmmmm?

kayos90

And continuously having an argument about it does?

Just use the same voting style we did last year with a minor alteration of dirtbags who vote for only one anime. We don't have to revamp the entire thing. Who cares if X anime wins.

Jarmel

Banned
Just use the same voting style we did last year with a minor alteration of dirtbags who vote for only one anime. We don't have to revamp the entire thing. Who cares if X anime wins.

And people aren't agreeing even to that. So put it up to a vote.

Dresden

Fuck all of you, I'm only voting for Attack on Titan because it's the bessssssss

Gonna go rally the Titan OT.

---

Anyways, we're not:

1. having a vote about a vote

2. having a vote about a vote about a vote

kayos90

Since democracy has broken down, just leave it up to the person who is creating the entire voting thing decide.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
New thread already? Neat.

Non Non Biyori is true AotF.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I said I'll just add a rule like Gaming Side has that one has to post at least one thoughtful comment for one of their votes. That and every odd vote has to end in semi colons and every even vote has to end in colons except for six which has to end in an ampersand.

Fuck all of you, I'm only voting for Attack on Titan because it's the bessssssss

Gonna go rally the Titan OT.
I tried to do the same for SAO last year and failed. I honestly don't see AoT winning simply because most people don't even care to vote in the thread.

Joe Molotov

But what if people vote for the wrong format? Or what if two people vote for one format as their fifth favorite, but then another person votes for it as their favorite, why should that count the same??

Jarmel

Banned
I said I'll just add a rule like Gaming Side has that one has to post at least one thoughtful comment for one of their votes. That and every odd vote has to end in semi colons and every even vote has to end in colons except for six which has to end in an ampersand.

Considering the number of people who don't read the GOTY OP that would be an amusing way of weeding 90% of people out.

ibmAOmvKf46UoN.jpg

Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta
Director: Toshimasa Suzuki
Animation Production: TMS Entertainment
Opening Date: 1/6
Official Site: http://koiuta.tv/
Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmI3TnFHKPo

Apparently this is a prequel to The Princess and the Pilot, a movie nobody watched besides me. It wasn't exactly a good movie, but it might have potential. Too bad all the dogfighting looks to be in ugly CGI.

Why do we always assume things?
Whenever I was searching for information about the princess and pilot manga, I would find some about this. The CGI dogfights and the character design look really bad.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Just make this a dictatorship and let the person who's doing this thing decide. It is LITERALLY the easiest way to resolve this.
I think we should bring this idea forward to this year. K guys as the one in charge of this year's thread I declare AotY 2013 is Attack on Titan.

I think the CG in the Toaru Hikuushi e no Koiuta trailer looks pretty good, for the most part. There's an actual sense of weight to the planes as they fly, and air resistance is shown as they travel up. The textures are solid too.

kayos90

I think we should bring this idea forward to this year. K guys as the one in charge of this year's thread I declare AotY 2013 is Attack on Titan.

Even better. Just skip the voting process. See guys. Now we can decide on what's 2-10. That's one less shit to do on our plate.

Kazzy

I said I'll just add a rule like Gaming Side has that one has to post at least one thoughtful comment for one of their votes.

In all seriousness, this is probably the most reasonable compromise.

I haven't watched enough to devise an extensive list, though I'd be happy to elaborate on what I have seen.

Based on Japanese sales ranked by per-volume average (realize that some of these sales are not complete):

1. Attack on Titan
2. Monogatari SS
3. Uta no Prince-sama Maji Love 2000%
4. Free!
5. Love Live!
6. Infinite Stratos 2
7. Railgun S
8. Oreimo S2
9. Hataraku Maou-sama!
10. Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru

Now this is a top 10 I think we can all get behind.

This isn't rigged enough.

What happened to Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku or Kin-iro Mosaic being AotY?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Category? We have categories?
Yes, we decided to split the films/OVAs from the TV shows and i) films tend to get lost as not as many people watch them ii) comparing a one off feature with a 13 episode production is not an easy comparison to make iii) other awards split them.

This isn't rigged enough.

What happened to Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku or Kin-iro Mosaic being AotY?
I forgot to mention that I renamed every show released in 2013 to Attack on Titan so everyone wins!

Would vote Non Non Biyori for AotY if I liked Minami-ke: Tadaima slighty less. I wish both of these shows were licensed instead of just one.

Yes, we decided to split the films/OVAs from the TV shows and i) films tend to get lost as not as many people watch them ii) comparing a one off feature with a 13 episode production is not an easy comparison to make iii) other awards split them.
Are there really enough films worthy of recognition to where this would make any sense?

Theonik

I say we use a gameshow format.
Have voting power alocated by completing a bunch of silly tasks and the leader of that week also doubling his vote power for that week and the loser losing all his voting power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom