• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT| I've got to find a dandy guy who killed my dad in the space

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mature

Patlabor: The TV Series 3-5
This show has a pretty infectious and undeniable charm. The whole "Team of individuals with quirks and camaraderie" isn't an underused trope, but here it doesn't come off nearly as contrived. It's really reminding me of something— probably another anime— but I can't quite put my finger on it. Maybe the sort of characterization you would seen in a Miyazaki film, wherein there's a sort of distinctly Japanese synergy? Anyway, still loving it.

Noragami - 5

This is the show of the season and really you have to give the show runners credit for finding a way to perfectly mix comedy, drama, and action into every episode. Space Dandy could learn a few lessons here.

Branduil

Voted for seven shows and six of them made it into the top 20. Turns out Rozen Maiden got Joshiraku'd this year. :s

I was 6/10 on shows. I don't feel too bad about GuP or Yozakura Quartet missing, and Kyousogiga at least was 12th, but it's a complete shame what happened to Rozen Maiden.

I blame duckroll and his irrational prejudice against the series. :(

On the other hand I was 3/3 on films.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Koimonogatari - 06

jv5sl3Q.png

Well, shit. Did not expect
Kaiki to get bopped upside his head with a pipe, by some no name middleschooler no less. RIP

Nobunaga The Fool Episode 5: The Tower
tumblr_n0e2z6u5Vv1qbxqfpo1_500.png
tumblr_n0e2z6u5Vv1qbxqfpo2_500.png

Gaius Julius Ceaser War Armor is best so far, I wonder if he has regalia too (though was the railgun of sorts, it?).
Powerful episode. I thought the cards, in reverse, always referred to Nobunaga, but to think it was actually Nobunaga-sama this time :(

Favorite minor scene was Nobu and Mitsu in the room, and that understanding, and of course Hide also there.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
You're all complaining but I told you you should have voted for KKK rather than KLK..

I mean, just just needed to move that middle letter one key to the left (QWERTY).

madp

The Light of El Cantare
I was 6/10 on shows. I don't feel too bad about GuP or Yozakura Quartet missing, and Kyousogiga at least was 12th, but it's a complete shame what happened to Rozen Maiden.

I blame duckroll and his irrational prejudice against the series. :(

On the other hand I was 3/3 on films.

3/10 in the top ten, and only 5/10 in the top 20. 1/3 in Movies/OVAs. Feels bad.

Granted, two of my votes in question were huge longshots (Watamote and Gifuu Doudou) and one was a throaway 10th place vote just to get something on the board at all (Aikatsu), but I had higher expectations for Rozen Maiden and Valvrave.

Kansoku

You're all complaining but I told you you should have voted for KKK rather than KLK..

I mean, just just needed to move that middle letter one key to the left (QWERTY).

Everyone should have voted for Monogatari u.u

2/10 shows (2/10 of the 11-20) 0/3 movies (1/3 of 4-6) ;-;

1/10 in the top 10. 3/10 in the top 20, my top 3 even.

2/3 in movies/OVAs.

Can't be too disappointed in that since I only watched 10 series and 4 movies/OVAs.

Edit: Oh, wait 4/10 in the top 20. Forgot about Love Lab...

firehawk12

Subete no aware
OK folks, here are the AnimeGAF-filtered results:

TV top 10:

1. Space Battleship Yamato 2199 - 520
2. The Eccentric Family - 313
3. The Flowers of Evil - 269
4. Kill la Kill - 257
5. Gundam Build Fighters - 215
6. Jojo's Bizarre Adventure - 207
7. Monogatari S2 - 167
8. Hataraku Maou-sama - 165
9. From the New World - 149
10. Kyousougiga - 143

11-20:

11. Attack on Titan - 128
12. Love Lab - 123
13. Yozakura Quartet: Hana no Uta - 121
14. Valvrave the Liberator - 119
15. Non Non Biyori - 118
16. Suisei no Gargantia - 103
17. Log Horizon - 101
18. Rozen Maiden Zuruckspulen - 97
19. Girls und Panzer - 94
20. Hunter x Hunter - 87

Movie/OVA 1-3:

1. The Wolf Children Ame and Yuki - 130
2. Little Witch Academia - 88
3. The Garden of Words - 30

4-6:

4. Gintama: Be Forever Yorozuya - 23
5. Blue Exorcist movie - 18
6. Gundam Unicorn - 14

Man, Attack on Titan really disappeared on this version of the list. :p

4/10
7/20
1/3

I forgot about Maou it was really good dunno if I would have included on my list, Quartet and HxH probably would have had I watched more then 1 and 0 episodes that aired this year for them :X

Only saw Wolf Children thanks to Kayos but it blew me away, fantastic film. Looking forward to see the BE movie after BE airs on Toonami

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Shit, only 550 posts to the next thread. I need to get my ass in gear making my planned edits to the OP. Depending on my schedule, I might have to cut this one off early later tonight, so keep posting!

Syrinx

Shit, only 550 posts to the next thread. I need to get my ass in gear making my planned edits to the OP. Depending on my schedule, I might have to cut this one off early later tonight, so keep posting!

Super Bowl is tonight. Might buy you some extra time.

cnet128

Banned
Well, since everyone else is doing it...

5/10 in the top 10

7/10 in the top 20.

The two difference being Monogatari SS and Non Non Biyori, and the three that got shunned completely being Servant x Service, Samurai Flamenco and Gatchaman Crowds. (;_;)

On the movie/OVA side of things, I got 2/3 in the top three. Considering my third-place option Bushiroad was only really in there because I only watched three movie/OVAs of 2013, that's not too shabby =p

CorvoSol

I informally claimed it at the beginning of this one, so consider this a reaffirmation of that :lol

Is there anything that you'd like to see in the new OP?

That wouldn't require you to go out of your way? No. Oh! Unless you have access to knowledge of planned mecha anime for this year, cuz that's something I want to know about.

BluWacky

The lack of Rozen Maiden in the rankings wasn't a huge surprise. A more serious reimagining of a show long passed into memetic folklore in the West, with a completely bizarre first episode, mostly guaranteed people wouldn't watch it in the first place let alone vote for it.

I wonder why duckroll's enthusiasm, rather than firehawk's or DTL's, was the tipping point in Yamato's favour?

Dresden

magi133a.png

The dude's face after the rejection (for now) was pretty hilarious.

magi133.png

You'd think that Alibaba or Hakuryuu or any of the folks around her would buy her some underwear after all this time.

e: or, you know, some pants. Why is everyone in Magi a perv?

Branduil

The lack of Rozen Maiden in the rankings wasn't a huge surprise. A more serious reimagining of a show long passed into memetic folklore in the West, with a completely bizarre first episode, mostly guaranteed people wouldn't watch it in the first place let alone vote for it.

I wonder why duckroll's enthusiasm, rather than firehawk's or DTL's, was the tipping point in Yamato's favour?

Because it coincided with the show actually being released and subbed?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Magi is like, pre-middle ages. I'm surprised they have clothes at all.

wonzo

Banned
You'd think that Alibaba or Hakuryuu or any of the folks around her would buy her some underwear after all this time.

e: or, you know, some pants. Why is everyone in Magi a perv?
maybe solomon was really the author of saki and his wish was for a nopan world

Quasar

Some interesting and weird results in there.

- For the second year in a row, a show you can only see illegally won overall show and by an even bigger margin this time.
- Kill la Kill was #2 overall but not #2 with AnimeGAF, even though you could not see it dubbed.

I'm curious to now know just how many votes from non AnimeGAF people were made.

Jarmel

Banned
That wouldn't require you to go out of your way? No. Oh! Unless you have access to knowledge of planned mecha anime for this year, cuz that's something I want to know about.

The only ones I'm aware of are

Gundam Unicorn
Gundam Origin (?)
Captain Earth

cajunator

Banned
Eh, its WTF enough to get someone to look into the other materials.
So it can serve a good purpose.

Also dat Op and ending theme.

Sadly the anime doesn't have enough of the true best girl...

And a certain other character which could be a spoiler for both series.

whoa..cutie! Hmm. Might watch.

I wouldn't call either that similar aside from being a "sport" show (Saki) and having characters designed by Humikane DA GAWD (Strike Witches), but you should watch Strike Witches anyway because it's da bes.

Saki is Humikane too? It looks kinda different so I couldnt tell. it makes sense though.

Posting to prevent SDBurton from embarassing himself with the dreaded triplepost.

Only done this when Gaf is broken. Which surprisingly isnt every day.

cnet128

Banned

Mor don't need no underwear! She's perfect just as she is! <3

Yes! Precure 5 GoGo! 39

Final King get! Nothing was ever going to beat Princess Kanna Crepe, but this new guy seems pleasant enough.

And lol @ Bunbee. Guy continues to be both unable to catch a break and remarkably resilient. Gotta give him some credit for hanging on this long, after the second-in-commands of two separate evil organisations he's worked for have both tried to get rid of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom