• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2014 Anime |OT2| Waiting for Sakamoto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

Mouryou no Hako 6

isvGcLQpUFXR0.jpg

Oreki went back in time to the middle of the 20th century and established himself as a mystery guru.

Have to admit I didn't quite follow how
the cult guy figured out who the reporter was or how that related to the phone call.

Engaged to the Unidentified 7

Another good one. Lots of great funny moments that we come to expect from the show.

However....

NOOOOOOOOOOO!

I refuse to accept this show is creating another female interest for
Hakuya! I know Hakuya is loyal to Kobeni and would never hurt her but this new chick is leaving hints of being into Hakuya and it is not the direction I want this show to take. Hopefully next weeks episode will squash any romantic feelings this chick has for Hakuya.

That being said the revelation that there are
more people like Hakuya hiding out in plain site at school is interesting and a cool plot twist. I just wish she wasn't getting into Hakuya. Leave Kobeni's BF ALONE!!!!!

Oh right there was that other show.

Mikakunin 7

New character is pretty funny
although the ending is getting my "love triangle" senses tingling

I've warmed up to Hakuya a lot. He's kind of nondescript and yet managed to be the focal point of some funny gags this episode. Really enjoyed him and Kobeni pulling their best Inu Yasha impression.

Mashiro is still super adorable, sky is blue.

E: And the top post to the last three pages are my impressions to shows, how weird.
Not a word from you hundredphiles

As much as do I love Kobeni and Hakuya being together doesn't it make more sense that Hakuya gets with the blonde girl considering that they are the same species.

This new Knights of Sidonia trailer looks interesting. If you ever wondered what the CG mecha future would look like, this is your answer.

The part with the alien look pretty cool, but then I see the action scenes and they are just janky and weird and it has some slowdowns which I don't know if it's an intended effect. Gonna be interesting to follow the show and see how quickly I will get used to its style.

I like the cockpit perspective and that's something you don't see in hand-drawn mecha shows.

But Blue Steel, Buki yo Saraba or Girls und Panzer already proved that CG that you can do things with CG which wouldn't be possible with hand-drawn animations.

Quasar

Golden Time 19 - another nice episode. Though really Banri's choices about telling his friends is really going to bite him in the ass.

This new Knights of Sidonia trailer looks interesting. If you ever wondered what the CG mecha future would look like, this is your answer.

The part with the alien look pretty cool, but then I see the action scenes and they are just janky and weird and it has some slowdowns which I don't know if it's an intended effect. Gonna be interesting to follow the show and see how quickly I will get used to its style.

That shot of the inside of the cockpit was beautiful.

cnet128

Banned
I'd be like saying you can skip Fellowship of the Rings because all you need to know at the start of Two Towers is that Gandalf got a band together and they're going to drop a ring in a volcano.

I love this comparison so much.

Non Non Biyori 6

iqoZtrlwiYpKD.jpg

Best plushie ever.

How can you even say that as a joke in a show that contains KOMA PLUSHIES

Yes! This is what I'm talking about! AREN'T THEY ADORABLE

I'm totally in agreement with everyone that Hotaru is probably the weakest of the main characters, but I can't dislike her when she was responsible for creating these miracles.

OH HELLS YE- wait, video not available? NOOOOOOOOOO

Whew! Let's try that again. OH HELLS YEAH GET HYPE

As much as do I love Kobeni and Hakuya being together doesn't it make more sense that Hakuya gets with the blonde girl considering that they are the same species.

Hells naw. Kobeni and Hakuya are perfect together, who cares about species.

Heartcatch Precure! 5

Firstly, something I forgot to mention last episode when it was introduced: I love the dual transformation sequence these girls have got going on. I thought there was something vaguely lacking about their transformation sequences when they did them individually, but the dual version is so good.

lol @ Marine trying to copy Blossom's patience-snapping catchphrase (how did people translate that, anyway?) and completely failing to come up with something snappy on the spot. I bet she really will come up with something cool of her own by the next episode, though, because that's the kind of girl Erika is. Love you, Erika. I like the way this series leaves the Cures to come up with their own catchphrases and even names. It's the little things.

I have somewhat mixed feelings about the whole Desatorian mechanic at this stage. On the one hand, the way each monster is created from an actual human's heart helps to make the battles feel more personal and tie in better to the episode than in previous series where the monster battles were often just fluff and distractions.

On the other hand, it also means that every single episode needs to devote time to introducing a new side character and their issues, which seems like a pretty big limiting feature on the episodes' structure. It's worked pretty well so far, but I could see it getting pretty old if this carries on for the whole series, and it seems like a pretty big barrier to having episodes wholely focused on the main characters themselves (which is awful, because every episode should be all about Erika). Then again, this is Heartcatch, so I should probably give it the benefit of the doubt =p

Oh, and I'm vaguely surprised by how lovable the grandmother's giant fairy partner is turning out to be despite the bizarre appearance and muteness. He's so huggable.

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai 1-12 + OVAs 0 & 13 + Next Eps 1-12

This show is freaking hilarious! The characters are great, with lots of personality. My favorite has to be Yozora, who is a damn master troll! My biggest complaint would be the season 2 ending. If the show doesn't get another season it's the worst way to end the series. It felt like it ended in the middle of the climax, basically. Please let there be a season 3.

Edit: Saw the trailer for the live action movie. It looks freaking terrible.

K.Sabot

As a guy who doesn't watch anime and has finished Yamato 2199 now.

That was really good. First 10 minutes got me invested, but the tasteful sci-fi elements kept me going. Thanks 2013 AotY thread.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
chuu2 s2 07
a wild ntr encounter appears. even though this show isn't very funny at least the humor is still sometimes somewhat amusing, and chuu2 is actually finding its emotional moments and hitting them without being super sappy. this is probably the best (and ugliest) thing kyoani has done since hyouka by a pretty good margin.

Golden Time 19

Now all the drama revolves around Mitsuo.
I think his relationship with Linda is doomed. She's not over Banri, Chinami's jealously is now causing conflict, and there's going to be fallout for Banri not telling his friends about Linda. It'll probably get ugly. And there's a ghost just waiting to mess things up even more.

cnet128

Banned
Golden Time 19

Now all the drama revolves around Mitsuo.
I think his relationship with Linda is doomed. She's not over Banri, Chinami's jealously is now causing conflict, and there's going to be fallout for Banri not telling his friends about Linda. It'll probably get ugly. And there's a ghost just waiting to mess things up even more.

Yeah,
much as I've warmed up to the idea of a Mitsuo-Linda relationship over the past couple of episodes and think it could actually work quite well, it definitely still feels like Chinami is the better match for him and the one he's more likely to actually end up with. I can see this thing between him and Linda just serving as a catalyst for Chinami to admit she has feelings for him.

Which kind of sucks for Linda, but ah well. She can always have 2D-kun XD

Its out for delivery now.
Im getting several things with this shipment:

Wagnaria!!2 Blu-ray Complete Box Set
Robotics;Notes DVD/Blu-ray Part 1
Medaka Box Abnormal Blu-ray Complete Col
Hidamari Sketch Blu-ray Collection (S)
Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid Blu-ray
Full Metal Panic! Blu-ray Complete Col
AKB0048 Season 2: Next Stage Blu-ray Complete Col

All excellent stuff :D.

Eden of the East: The King of Eden
This was pretty impressive. The way things changed after the final episode was pretty amazing. I like how Juiz has developed a specific personality for each of the Selecao. she sounds very clingy with number 11, disrespectful to number 6 and absolutely adores number 9. The different kinds of saviors she calls them is also interesting. And then the bending of the rules Juiz does for Number 9's last request is also interesting

Chuu2 Ren 7

Its annoying how obvious it was that last episode's relationship progression was to up the stakes for the next time pink hair disturbs things, at least structurally. That said, it lead to some pretty nice moments that moved things forward without feeling too saccharine or out of character. There was even a line from Dekomori that made her seem upset that Nibutani didn't show any interest in her over the phone. A crack in the facade of hatred? I don't dare to dream.

sonicmj1

Rozen Maiden Z 8

Though it had a cool montage to show time elapsing, this episode seemed like a transition to set up whatever big moment will happen next. So I guess I'm gonna wait for that.

Suigintou still winning.

Wanted to see character designs, and it seems so bleak.

Will watch for angela
"angela and Eri Kitamura will sing Knights of Sidnia's theme songs."

overcharged with work , seeing a conversation around koma plushies PLEASES ME.

@cnet
you can't resist huging coupe-sama !

Thanks animegaf , now i can get back to work with a light smile on my face :)

cajunator

Banned
Still made more sense than Angel's Egg.

The angel was a cutie and there were wallfish. What more do hou need?

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai 1-12 + OVAs 0 & 13 + Next Eps 1-12

This show is freaking hilarious! The characters are great, with lots of personality. My favorite has to be Yozora, who is a damn master troll! My biggest complaint would be the season 2 ending. If the show doesn't get another season it's the worst way to end the series. It felt like it ended in the middle of the climax, basically. Please let there be a season 3.

Edit: Saw the trailer for the live action movie. It looks freaking terrible.

This show surprised me. I delayed watching it a very long time but ended up really liking it.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
Rozen Maiden 2013 Ep1

the worst anime i have seen in months, can't believe people actually were saying this was good

Chronoexe

Heartcatch Precure! 5

Firstly, something I forgot to mention last episode when it was introduced: I love the dual transformation sequence these girls have got going on. I thought there was something vaguely lacking about their transformation sequences when they did them individually, but the dual version is so good.

lol @ Marine trying to copy Blossom's patience-snapping catchphrase (how did people translate that, anyway?) and completely failing to come up with something snappy on the spot. I bet she really will come up with something cool of her own by the next episode, though, because that's the kind of girl Erika is. Love you, Erika. I like the way this series leaves the Cures to come up with their own catchphrases and even names. It's the little things.

I have somewhat mixed feelings about the whole Desatorian mechanic at this stage. On the one hand, the way each monster is created from an actual human's heart helps to make the battles feel more personal and tie in better to the episode than in previous series where the monster battles were often just fluff and distractions.

On the other hand, it also means that every single episode needs to devote time to introducing a new side character and their issues, which seems like a pretty big limiting feature on the episodes' structure. It's worked pretty well so far, but I could see it getting pretty old if this carries on for the whole series, and it seems like a pretty big barrier to having episodes wholely focused on the main characters themselves (which is awful, because every episode should be all about Erika). Then again, this is Heartcatch, so I should probably give it the benefit of the doubt =p

Oh, and I'm vaguely surprised by how lovable the grandmother's giant fairy partner is turning out to be despite the bizarre appearance and muteness. He's so huggable.

YES, Erika is the best thing in Heartcatch, and you are in episode 5 she's going to make you squeeeee like Cajun surrounded by moe nekomimi lolis.

I miss her, we need Heartcatch 2 :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom