• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT2| Bellariology, Puellology and Simulacrumology

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wanderer5

Uchuu Patrol Luluco Episode 1

Didn't think anything could have worse animations than Ace Attorney this season, but here we are. Kinda shame since the artstyle looks good.

Meh personally the artstyle makes up for it. I think Trigger does a good job of working around with limited budgets per say that I guessing this show has heh. Ace Attorney just doesn't look as appealing all around, through I hope I am wrong in some ways least.

Ascheroth

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Part 4: Diamond is Unbreakable - 01

I'm crying. What a time to be alive.
Amazing first episode, the quality leap in comparison to Stardust Crusaders is insane. I freaking love the color palette, the character designs, the music, the atmosphere, everything. It's just oozing with style.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 4: Diamond Is Unbreakable Episode 1:

The yellow subtites remind me of the Viz subs of Sailor Moon so I am more used to them then others I suspect. Anyway, yet another grand adventure awaits us and the new Jojo is just as bland as the last one. Also, yea, the show looks so much more stylized now it is amazing.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
CR miss the chances to do duwang subs for april fool. I mean, they already did yellow font, might as well go all the way, and probably make it 240p too.

phaze

Why can't they just do a Mako spin-off instead of discount Mako short?

World needs more Mako.

And less Shirobako.

I only did that cause it rhymed.

But seriously, Shirobako is over-rated.

Cause Mako sucks and her schtick got tiring after first 4 eps.

Diamond is Unbreakable 01

I like the artstyle change. Jotaro for once doesn't look like a complete tool. Though his stand looks weird now, I'll withhold any grand judgements on the show as a whole till it gets into uncharted territory for me but just like when reading the manga, I don't see this surpassing BT

Luluco 01

Actually good. Bravo Trigger. Stick to shorts.

Kagewani II 01

jbqsyJu.jpg
ZJu0jjT.jpg
sfsDFuL.png

Ok, lets talk about why Kagewani is 10,000x better then Yamishibai S3.

Yes, the monster is showed in this episode rather clearly. But you don't see its full body. You see what it is, but you don't know what it actually is - nor does the episode end on the monster reveal, there is more to it. It's not BOO! cut to black like Yamishibai. Now this may be because of the length sure, but Kagewani is just better and takes advantage of its time and art style. The framing, frantic shaky cam and out of focus shots really lend to the horror vibe, like some kind of home video recorded by a Cryptozoology enthusiast. It's just...all around good horror, and I can't say that for many anime.

Also, it aped Twilight Zone. So that's good.

Sölf

JoJo Diamonds 01
I already like this JoJo more than Jotaro. But even Jotaro was better in this version than in Stardust Crusaders. Anyway, off to a great start!

Cornbread78

Media distribution service Crunchyroll announced on Friday that it will stream the original TV anime series The Lost Village (Mayoiga) as it airs in Japan. The stream will premiere worldwide outside of Asia on Friday, April 1 at 9:30 p.m. EDT.

Wait, what? Do you have a link to that announcement by any chance?

This is the last note that is anywhere on line from a couple days ago:
The anime will premiere on WOWOW on April 1 at 11:30 p.m., before premiering on MBS, TBS, and CBC on April 8, and on BS-TBS, Video Pass, and J:COM On Demand on April 9. The series will air on MBS's "Animeism" programming block.
This means it's not even being put on "free" cable in Japan for another week.

Wait, what? Do you have a link to that announcement by any chance?

This is the last note that is anywhere on line from a couple days ago:

This means it's not even being put on "free" cable in Japan for another week.
We're back with another Spring season announcement! Our first announcement of the day is The Lost Village, airing Fridays starting TODAY, April 1st @ 6:30PM PST, and available to Crunchyroll Members worldwide excluding Asia.
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtop...ity&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=site-news

JulianImp

The announcement came with the broadcast of episode 13.

(Rakugo Shinjuu already had an April Fools joke with some amusing crossover art with Sakamoto desu ga.)

Oh, I'm really glad it wasn't a joke. What I've seen of the first season so far has been nothing short of great, and I'm definitely looking forward to more Rakugo.

Cornbread78

We're back with another Spring season announcement! Our first announcement of the day is The Lost Village, airing Fridays starting TODAY, April 1st @ 6:30PM PST, and available to Crunchyroll Members worldwide excluding Asia.
http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtop...ity&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=site-news

Thank you!!!!!

ANN announced it but 15 minutes ago.

That's awesome that we don't have the week delay. I guess only Japan is affected! I see they got Joker Game as well.

Cornbread78

BGBW, give us a sign if you are OK...

Do you still need help with the descriptions? Which ones do you have left? I can help for the next couple hours if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom