• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT2| Bellariology, Puellology and Simulacrumology

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wanderer5

Wasn't even planning to change my avatar for the time being lol, but Over Justice is just that cool already. It funny that the fact that he is drawn in the inferno cop style, makes him stand out even more compare to the rest of the show's style.XD

Ascheroth

Kagewani Shou - 01

FMnPZpH.jpg
Back as if it were never gone. First episode starting things off as creepy as possible and the creature design continues to be excellent.

just joined last week and i forgot about april fools for a few seconds, i thought the admin tab was a way to more or less moderate what you see in the homepage and stuff, so like if you're only into action animes/mangas you could make it so the homepage only displays stuff like that. so yea, after a few seconds i realized it was just their april fools joke lol

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Luluco Episode 1:

Yea, that was a thing created by Trigger alright, not sure if I will continue watching yet.

Sölf

Shin Sekai Yori 09
Well, okay, this episode brought my interest back. Seriously, most episodes have more story than a whole season of some shows. And I still have no idea what the fuck is actually going on.

JulianImp

Phantom World #11-13
So I skipped 9-10 and went straight to the final episodes, but it didn't help all that much. Reverting the MC to a child was meh and pretty generic, but at least elaborated on his background a little bit.

The final two episodes were still really meh despite KyoAni production values: The power-stealing baddie was generically overpowered (and of course she had to steal powers by kissing people because yay conspicuous fanservice), the MC's mom showing up out of nowhere didn't lead me to care about her or her relationship with the MC, and that final confrontation with Enigma...

Seriously, the MC's told he has to kiss his plucky fairy phantom companion to regain his powers (because phantoms can do whatever the plot wants -> ass-pull) and he gets all shy and stupid about a kiss when the world and his friends' lives are supposedly at stake? Then he gives a two-second speech about how humans can grow, but that made absolutely no sense either: He had been drain-kissed only a couple days before, and it wasn't like he had any kind of big character development scene in the meantime!

While it was a step up from the overly generic episodic formula the show had before, the finale was still bad since I hadn't come to give a damn about the cast in the meantime, and everyone was a one-trick pony with not a single character development moment (other than Koito getting a bit more friendly with the cast, maybe?). They were all static characters that had no sort of appeal going for them, and that final arc was too short and sudden to make me care about the MC. I still believe the show had nothing going for it but KyoAni stuff, sadly.

Rakugo #10-11
This sure was a sight for sore eyes after I had wrapped PW up. Kiku and Sukeroku have really good chemistry, and Konatsu was an interesting anchoring point to bring them back together. Too bad it looks like Miyokichi's going to crash the party and make things worse again.

Then again it's interesting that the story itself has worked quite well as a rakugo performance itself, since at least from what I've seen during the in-show performances, rakugo appears to be about tragic comedies where the characters' informed weaknesses seal their fates from the very start. I don't think anything comes even close to this show for AOTS list, and it's certainly going to make my AOTY list as well.

JulianImp

Yeah, the first episode's up, only it's somehow put below the SDC arc in CR's page for the show for some strange reason. Will definitely watch once I get back home.

Why can't they just do a Mako spin-off instead of discount Mako short?

World needs more Mako.

And less Shirobako.

I only did that cause it rhymed.

But seriously, Shirobako is over-rated.

Sölf

Why can't they just do a Mako spin-off instead of discount Mako short?

World needs more Mako.

And less Shirobako.

I only did that cause it rhymed.

But seriously, Shirobako is over-rated.

You know, I wanted to agree with you, but then the bolded part happend, and I thought agreeing with you wouldn't be a great idea after all.

Sölf;199863472 said:
You know, I wanted to agree with you, but then the bolded part happend, and I thought agreeing with you wouldn't be a great idea after all.

Nah, I don't mean that. World needs more shows like Shirobako even if I didn't fall in love with it like everyone else.

Space Patrol Luluco Ep 1

Huh so it's possible to magically transform before getting naked? Trigger to be burnt to the ground within a week.

Seemed like fun but then again I liked Mako in Kill La Kill although to be fair thus far the only similarities are in art style.

Just finished Grimgar. Earlier in the season, I dropped this show after Ep 1 since it seemed like more of the same uninspired attempts by anime to do fantasy well. It ended up being one of my favorite series this season just from how well the characters are developed. Their growth as a party and as people is fantastic. They make a ton of mistakes and end up in pretty bad spots, but the way the group comes together at the end has to be one of the most satisfying results from this type of anime that I have ever seen. Haruhiro trying to learn how to lead makes him the best protagonist this season, in my eyes.

tl,dr; Dropped Grimgar, came back to it since I had free time, loved it despite hating almost every anime that attempts fantasy.

Just T

Ushio to Tora: 27

Good to have this back, nice OP and ED. First ep back and Ushio already has it tough, can't say I'm fond of plot lines like this tbh, hopefully it's dealt with quick. Also the scene with Mayuko was pretty bittersweet.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Uhh. Crunchy renamed Uchuu Patrol Luluco to Space Patrol messing up my order. Can't be bothered to fix that now.

Tizoc

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond Is Unbreakable - 1

I love this already. Josuke is great.

Great artstyle too.
Gonna show this first ep. to my brother when he gets back, we don't exactly watch the same shows but he needs some quality stuff in his life from time to time.

Exalted

Uchuu Patrol Luluco Episode 1

Didn't think anything could have worse animations than Ace Attorney this season, but here we are. Kinda shame since the artstyle looks good.

Let me get this out of my system for a second.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE IT

JOJO'S BIZARRE ADVENTURE DIAMOND IS UNBREAKABLE EPISODE 1 - PINCH ME I'M DREAMING?

Truly. A beautiful Duwang. DP is surely at their best now, the leap from S1 -> S2 -> this is bigger then it ever has been. Such great presentation and everything. Ahhhh its so good

Qurupeke

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Part 4: Diamond is Unbreakable 1

This was fucking awesome. I had high expectations for this and it surpassed them. It's just the first episode but this had a great sense of mystery, some really fun characters, great visuals and colour palette. Everything was on point, it was just perfect to set the mood for this little town, where I guess everything will take place. The mystery is what I loved the most. I hope they'll keep building this up, the mood was already much different to Stardust Crusaders. And the artstyle is pretty different compared to the past parts. A bit more "fluid", I'm not exactly sure. It's awesome though.

New Jojo is actually pretty cool. Seems similar to Joseph, but he's actually a lot more random, especially over his hair. I liked him a lot and I hope he'll keep that attitude. Koichi was cool as a supporting character, reminds me Speedwagon with his reactions. I also liked the first antagonist a lot, he's really terrifying, with a creepy looking stand but I couldn't stop laughing at him disguised as a milkboy. lol

The little showdown between the Jojos was neat. Josuke has a pretty cool stand, even though it looks terrible. Oh and wtf did Joseph do!? Weren't the Joestars supposed to be loyal to their woman? lol And the animal abuse in Jojo continues in this part too.

Overall, really good start, I can't wait for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom