• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
QmuSS.jpg

My recent haul from the RightStuf sale and whatever I ordered recently.

Also pictured is a job offer!

Syrinx

Darker Than Black 15

Damn, the first shot of Amber was one of the creepiest shots I've seen in a while. *shudders* That girl and her cohorts seem to be pure evil. Well, I suppose it's obvious, seeing as they're blowing up buildings and such.
And Amber and Hei used to have a thing. Explains why he was so shocked to hear she was in the city and desperate to find out where she was.
Wonder about the details surrounding that.

Is this a new season? Cause both the OP and end theme are different, and the end theme isn't nearly as good as the last one.

BluWacky

Darker Than Black 15

Is this a new season? Cause both the OP and end theme are different, and the end theme isn't nearly as good as the last one.

Not really. You've reached the halfway point of the show. The show was produced by Aniplex, and most of their shows change OP and ED every 13 episodes or so because they're also promoting Sony music artists so need to have as many tie-in songs as reasonably possible.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
For those who weren't around in the morning and don't catch up on posts they missed, the most recent list of Newtype rankings, complete with text for those who don't recognize the characters:

Shows
1) Sword Art Online
2) Magi
3) Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!
4) Psycho-Pass
5) Jormungand Perfect Order
6) K
7) Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb
8) Little Busters!
9) JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
10) Girls und Panzer
11) Kamisama Hajimemashita
12) To Love-Ru Darkness
13) Muv-Luv Alternative Total Eclipse
14) One Piece
15) Robotics;Notes
16) Zetsuen no Tempest
17) Madoka Magica
18) Gothicmade
19) Gundam SEED
20) K-On!

Guys
1) Kirito
2) Aladdin
3) Alibaba
4) Kira Yamayo
5) Yuuta Togashi
6) Sinbad
7) Rider
8) Toriharon
9) Judal
10) Lelouch Lamperouge

Girls
1) Morigana
2) Rikka Takanashi
3) Saber
4) Leafa
5) Asuna
6) Lacus Clyne
7) Kuroneko (Ruri Tamaki)
8) Madoka Kaname
9) Akiho Senomiya
10) Sheyrl Nome

Rofl. Seriously. Rofl.

Syrinx

Not really. You've reached the halfway point of the show. The show was produced by Aniplex, and most of their shows change OP and ED every 13 episodes or so because they're also promoting Sony music artists so need to have as many tie-in songs as reasonably possible.

I vaguely remember somebody telling me that there's no Season 2, which seemed to me to be implying that Season 2 is to be avoided? I don't know, maybe I'm remembering it wrong.

cajunator

Banned
I vaguely remember somebody telling me that there's no Season 2, which seemed to me to be implying that Season 2 is to be avoided? I don't know, maybe I'm remembering it wrong.

But season 2 has a cute russian girl and undulation. surely it cannot be that bad.

Pooya

terrible taste all round in those newtype polls :S

Imouto beats Asuna, I guess there is some truth to it despite it being horrible all around.

BluWacky

Oh, that. Yeah, there's a sequel series. It's not as good, hence the pretending it doesn't exist.

Narag

Crying Freeman 5

This legitimately had a promising start. Freeman was asked by a leader in Chinatown to find his kidnapped daughter & granddaughter. His other daughter was going to assist Freeman and it looked like it was going to channel an 80s action movie and proceed as one large episode rather than the usual two part stories we'd been privy to. Even when the other sister fell for Freeman, it seemed grounded enough given their brush with death.

It starts losing its shit when Freeman infiltrates the island where the kidnap victims are and we get the same overtly eccentric shit that bogged down the previous eps.

• Bayasan infiltrates the island herself... nude
  • The leader of the kidnappers saw one of Freeman's first assassinations and can only get off to him now and nothing else.
  • She gets mad he doesn't get hard when she's rubbing herself all over him and has to pleasure herself.
  • She holds a tournament where her men fight Freeman to the death just so she can get off.
  • Bagu Nagu returns with a third design in three eps and a new VA.
  • Freeman's wife infiltrates the island herself with her demon sword, and of course, gets naked during her assault. She looked hotter than ever so I'll forgive this part.

It wasn't all bad, I guess. Action was decent, initial premise was sound, and the new character designs seemed to fit the franchise well.

LWbdil.png
nlNA6l.png
IKBkbl.png

Episode did get ugly at times however.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
terrible taste all round in those newtype polls :S

Imouto beats Asuna, I guess there is some truth to it despite it being horrible all around.

Can't believe SAO was #1. I wonder if Kirito will stay on the list just like Kira. lol.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I think it's the colour that does it more than anything else.
She has no soul!

I don't know, that school required a real suspension of disbelief!
lol
You should see the "elite" school they designed for this anime. It's fucking ridiculous.

Oh, thank god - I thought I was going nuts thinking the show was reminding me of Tari Tari, so I'm relieved that I'm not the only one who got that vibe from it.
Yeah, I mean, it's marginally similar in that there are people trying to make a music group and sing for the school.
It's just that every high school seems to have their own idol group in this reality. lol

It does a considerably better job of it than the others.
That makes me want to watch Aikatsu...
Not really!

Martian Successor Nadesico 24 (for realsies this time)

DAMMIT. WHY MUST THE
GOOD GAI DIE YOUNG?
This is such an emotional roller coaster, guys. Am I gonna cry at the end?

That fucking episode, man.
When Tsukomo got shot
I was so pissed the first time I saw it. And the second time. And the third time. One of the biggest gut punches the show pulled on me.

Martian Successor Nadesico 26

THE BIG ONE. Oh man, this series has been so good so far, time for the finale. I know it won't disappoint, and it has been such a thrill coming this far. Oh man, oh man, oh man, Fressange is-, but that means-, oh man!

Oh what the hell the ADMIRAL!? WHAT!!!!? "Because self destruction is really, really stupid!"

"Okay, you two need to kiss each other!" HAHAHAHA. "This is the lover's spat that will determine the fate of the universe."

NO NO NO WHY DID YOU END ON A CLIFF HANGER WHAT THE HELL HOW DID THE JOVIANS EVEN KNOW ABOUT GEKIGANGER I NEED MOOOOOOOOOOORE.

Is there more of this show? I need to know guys, no matter how much it might suck! I NEED it!!!!

MSN is the best mecha anime I've ever watched. I have to have more!

Yeah, Nadesico's ending is so mindblowing, but it all fits. Be sure to watch the show at least one more time in the future, because you'll pick up on a lot of new stuff. There's so much crazy foreshadowing.

To this day, I think Nadesico is one of the best written anime I've seen. It just executes on everything so perfectly.

you should accustomed top the "WHAT" by now ...

Ah ah ah

your journey is not over yet ..don't forget to check the movie for more "WHAT" & "WHY" moments

But there is no Nadesico movie. Don't keep spreading around these lies.

Dang, Asuna was put in her place. Except that her place shouldn't even be on that list. Then again, neither should sister, or most of those characters because they're all awful.

The only way to win is to not place.

Anime adaptation of a running shounen with 40 chapters, what could go wrong.

It's a monthly series. 40 chapters is actually quite a lot. Given that the series is still running, they could easily do 52 episodes without having to stretch things out or put in filler.

DiGiKerot

Yeah, I mean, it's marginally similar in that there are people trying to make a music group and sing for the school.
It's just that every high school seems to have their own idol group in this reality. lol

The part that I think is funny about it is that they think this whole "School Idol Project" thing is a viable way to attract more students to what appears to be an all-girls school - I'd have thought it'd only attract creepy, idol-obsessive guys...

That makes me want to watch Aikatsu...
Not really!

Oh, Aikatsu...

I got around to watching that Christmas episode the other day - the gifs posted here didn't quite prepare me for the majesty of the dance number in that episode. Something tells me that's the first dance for which they weren't taken the motion data for the dance straight from the game production team.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
It's been a looooooong time since I've had okonomiyaki, but I can see that being good.

Well, traditionally it's served with Japanese mayo (along with okonomiyaki sauce), and sometimes pickled ginger and bonito. It's sooooo fuckin delicious, I could eat like 5 right now.

Japanese mayo > mayo

Also, while we're at it:

mustard (and its variations) > mayo. I don't dislike mayo, but there are so many good mustards in the world to put on things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom