• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pooya

Seriously?

everytime some SAO talk happens something happens to Articalys right after, I'm starting to feel bad :(

j/k . don't think it has anything to do with that, hope he comes back soon, actually makes useful posts unlike most of us here :p

jbug617

Banned
Yes I know. Its in a package that arrives at the house tomorrow :D
Along with Denpa Onna and Bodacious Space Pirates blurays.

I think my Denpa is going to be on back order because they haven't sent me anything yet. They just sent out Mayo Chiki for me.

Dresden

Senyu - 01

Not that funny, but the short nature of the episodes makes them really easy to watch... wasn't a bad waste of 4.5 minutes.

e: you know, if this show had Sugita as well it'd be like one of those Tokyo Encounter episodes.

Arashi no Yoru ni

Fc3J4l.jpg

Huh. This is a Kugiloli. Go figure!

Urusai!., Urusai!., Urusai!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It's a show about a wolf and a sheep who are best friends. There's a traditionally animated feature film and the CG TV series that's running at the moment (I believe).
I like to think it's a parable for interracial/queer relationships in Japan. These two characters aren't supposed to be with each other and society wants to keep them apart. But the heart wants what the heart wants!

Also, wonzo should watch for obvious reasons!

Theonik

So this is what I went with in the end btw. Will get more later down the line but I thought it was a nice first step. Dropped Laputa as it didn't have the ENG dub at all and I can always fix the dubtitles myself on the Disney BD. Shame. (might still pick it up down the line for completion's sake.)
irSFxYaMbnSjg.png

The only meat I like is chicken, and most restaurants tend not to serve chicken burgers so I'm forced to pick the veggie option. They're usually good, too!
Eh, different strokes for different folks I ate a veggie burger a few weeks ago and it was a travesty imo. Only said that because I wanted a "doing something without what actually gives it purpose" analogy and it was the first thing that came to mind.

Nafe

How the hell are we supposed to congratulate 7Th on his Spirit Journey Formation Anniversary if he went and got himself banned? Is he reading this thread from beyond the grave?

Haha, ghost 7Th! Well, I figured he might not be able to respond but he can still read the forum so I thought I'd wish him a happy birthday anyway.

Well, I might not be going to see the Madoka movies after all. Paying for my ticket was supposed to be a birthday present from my sister, but apparently she purchased one for herself too.

Here's the thing: she just now looked into the movie over a month after she preordered the tickets as my early gift and she's freaking out that a.) the films are a combined four hours long and b.) "it looks like Sailor Moon scantily-clad pedophile girls" -- her words verbatim. I'll just stay home if she's going to shit up the experience for me.

/livejournal

『It's all your fault.』

What did you think of Nekomonogatari anyway?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So this is what I went with in the end btw. Will get more later down the line but I thought it was a nice first step. Dropped Laputa as it didn't have the ENG dub at all and I can always fix the dubtitles myself on the Disney BD. Shame. (might still pick it up down the line for completion's sake.)
irSFxYaMbnSjg.png

Eh, different strokes for different folks I ate a veggie burger a few weeks ago and it was a travesty imo. Only said that because I wanted a "doing something without what actually gives it purpose" analogy and it was the first thing that came to mind.
It's a shame Americans are so American. These covers are so much more evocative than the ones they use for the Ghibli releases here.

Nafe

When he comes back, someone should go back and quote all the birthday posts in one reply, and include a digital card or something!

Do you know when he's coming back? Do you know a good digital card site or can someone make one up? If someone wants to help out I think I got all the birthday wishes for 7Th posts here for easier reference later.

Ultra
Happy Birthday 7Th! I guess the day is almost over for you now so I hope it was a good one!

happy bday 7th

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/18780843/anime/happybirthdaything.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

[quote="icarus-daedelus, post: 46183805"]happy birthday dood[/QUOTE]

[quote="SDBurton, post: 46184033"] Happy B-Day 7th![/QUOTE]

[quote="/XX/, post: 46203814"][B]7Th[/B], wherever you are now in your exile ([I]twitter[/I], [I]Tumblr[/I], all things 2.0 and imageboards... or whatever), I wish for you a happy birthday![/QUOTE]

[quote="kayos90, post: 46209816"]Happy Birthday our kawaiilittleshoujo![/QUOTE]

If I missed someone then let me know and naturally if anyone wants to be added I can add them.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Do you know when he's coming back? Do you know a good digital card site or can someone make one up? If someone wants to help out I think I got all the birthday wishes for 7Th posts here for easier reference later.

If I missed someone then let me know and naturally if anyone wants to be added I can add them.

Happy Birthday our kawaiilittleshoujo!

Theonik

The European cases are quite nice, but still, everything pales in comparison to these. They are just so good!
German cover art is actually identical to the Japanese ones
The Japanese ones are paper though no idea what the German are. May be plastic cases with the art like the HK releases.

It's a shame Americans are so American. These covers are so much more evocative than the ones they use for the Ghibli releases here.
DISNEY PRESENTS A STUDIO GHIBLI FILM WITH BIG-NAME HOLLYWOOD ACTORS
That's not the worst thing they've done.
CERTIFIED FRESH (these are stickers on the slipcover, which is tacky shiny gold and blue)

cajunator

Banned
Haha, ghost 7Th! Well, I figured he might not be able to respond but he can still read the forum so I thought I'd wish him a happy birthday anyway.

What did you think of Nekomonogatari anyway?

Oh god that picture of minako. hnnngh.

Everything I ordered during that sale has only just been dispatched.

I got all the stuff I ordered a few days ago. Ordered it pretty late too. Maybe you had something that was backordered?

based on a kids book right

/nevercomingtothestates.

Novid I think you confused everyone in NFL-Gaf earlier.

Noirulus

Senran Kagura - 1

borefest apart from a couple T&A scenes.

Sometimes they can be down-right terrible, I agree, but in my experience they usually range from decent to good.

Kazzy

I got all the stuff I ordered a few days ago. Ordered it pretty late too. Maybe you had something that was backordered?

I ordered about five different sets, all of which were back-ordered! And the stuff I decided to get in the meantime has coincided with this. Truly it is backlog season.

Novid

Banned
Oh god that picture of minako. hnnngh.

Novid I think you confused everyone in NFL-Gaf earlier.

Oh about Brent? They should know their history first and recent news next. i pretty much stated that they drugged brent up the last few years because you dont go from the face of the REAL CBS Sports (pre 1993) to some old senile coot.

cajunator

Banned
I ordered about five different sets, all of which were back-ordered! And the stuff I decided to get in the meantime has coincided with this. Truly it is backlog season.

Yeah I posted what I had gotten, which was the rest of aria, A Channel, Sekirei, SOmedays Dreamers 2 Sora, Hidamari SP, Jinki extend, Digi Charat, Puni Puni Poemy, UFO Ultramadien Valkyrie, and Ushio and tora. I dont think any of that was backordered. I try to just order in stock items unless its preorder.

Theonik

based on a kids book right

/nevercomingtothestates.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Borrowers
The Borrowers is a children's fantasy novel by the English author Mary Norton...
You should go ly down.
Hmph! Germans don't count.
I will at least console myself with the fact that they get stuck with that ever present (and garish) age rating sticker.
Just looked it up these are some actual pics

Time to start a business selling ripoff BD cases of their JP versions.
People who care are too savvy to fall for it. Unless you can make it good. For reference these are the Japanese packages.

jbug617

Banned

Yeah I don't understand how Right Stuf treats their orders. When I ordered Aria and Black Lagoon in one order they sent it to me almost 2 weeks before it was suppose to come out.

Then I ordered Denpa and Fate/Stay bluray, I haven't heard a word from them yet and I don't know if they are holding it till Fate/Stay is released at the end of the month.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
ffs guys I was only gone for like five hours and now I have 73 pages to read. What has kayos tricked you all into discussing endlessly this time?

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Okay, I'm going to put my faith in everybody's eXxtrEe3m3 P0sT1NnG and respond to stuff Jex-style for once. If I quintuple-post or something, it's everyone's collective fault.

Yeah, if we could just go ahead and skip to the Spring season now and would be greeaaattt.

A Madhouse harem anime? Count me in, gents.

Still looks bad outside of a couple of shows. Still calling it: backlog year.

Noirulus

Oh man, statistical analysis of Senran Kagura. I'm so in.

What % of the episode constituted Asuka being groped? I enjoyed that much of it.
And Hibari nibbling on the sushi.

Also, long baggy socks don't look good on anybody. I don't know if they drew them on that tanned ninja in order to pay respect to ganguro girls all over Japan, but that certainly brought the episode down.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Okay, I'm going to put my faith in everybody's eXxtrEe3m3 P0sT1NnG and respond to stuff Jex-style for once. If I quintuple-post or something, it's everyone's collective fault.

Still looks bad outside of a couple of shows. Still calling it: backlog year.

You know... there's an edit function, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom