• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazzy

Yeah I posted what I had gotten, which was the rest of aria, A Channel, Sekirei, SOmedays Dreamers 2 Sora, Hidamari SP, Jinki extend, Digi Charat, Puni Puni Poemy, UFO Ultramadien Valkyrie, and Ushio and tora. I dont think any of that was backordered. I try to just order in stock items unless its preorder.

I wasn't aware of any stock issues at the time. I guess the sales just meant fluctuations were likely to occur, though.

Now I'm interested to see if I get hit with the possible inevitable import tax (which I will), and if it makes buying this stuff worthwhile.

Just looked it up these are some actual pics

People who care are too savvy to fall for it. Unless you can make it good. For reference these are the Japanese packages.

Now that's just mean, they look good.

And the Japanese sets are classy, but they'd have to be considering the price.

my analysis of senran kagura

12w1212Untitled.png

madp

The Light of El Cantare
You can see my opinions on Catstory Black in the hidden commentary track, visible by watching on suitably-ancient versions of VLC (2007 and earlier).

subbers frequently using this "feature" to insult VLC users was what eventually got me to switch to MPC.

You know... there's an edit function, right?

Sure, if I don't actually want anyone to read what I've written! Catch-up response blitzes take too much time for that.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
subbers frequently using this "feature" to insult VLC users was what eventually got me to switch to MPC.

Sure, if I don't actually want anyone to read what I've written! Catch-up response blitzes take too much time for that.

Well... might as well call you Jex Jr. then. Good luck JJ.

Impossible. All my 冗談 are 上段.

I can't read that....

Mandoric

Banned
Well... might as well call you Jex Jr. then. Good luck JJ.

I can't read that....

読めない 嫁、ナイruined for marriage.

I'm pretty much the incarnation of terrible wordplay right now, so I can do this all night!

wonzo

Banned
rip articalys

Thank you for providing evidence.
akunohana3.png

The President of the United States of America Secretly has been a Bit Strange Despite The Fact That She Wants the Dick!
Fund it.
Staring Clinton-san.
Been there, done that

Senyu - 01

9tq4h.png

I think this is the best short so far, and a Wooser cameo hopefully means it's from the same people.
yeah, that weird giraffe thing from the trailers made an appearance in the last wooser ep so i guess it is

kayos90

I already miss art. T_T. Wait..... how long is he banned for? WHAT ABOUT AOTY THREAD?! WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOR?!

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Season of the busty confirmed, get hype!

More like this season is a bust, amirite?

The Light Novel effect.

In fact, there is a direct correlation between the length of an anime's title and the likelihood of it involving
fake
incest.

Looking at this season, it looks like it's only a matter of time until we find out that the loli in Zettai Karen Children: The Unlimited: Hyoubu Kyousuke is Kyousuke's sister.

stryke

NewType February 2013 Character Poll!

Anything older than Gundam Seed on that list? I know it's really a popularity contest in a magazine named after a thing in Gundam but it's quite impressive for Kira and Lacus to still be there.

Don't really know why these characters resonated with fans so much.

kayos90

Anything older than Gundam Seed on that list? I know it's really a popularity contest in a magazine named after a thing in Gundam but it's quite impressive for Kira and Lacus to still be there.

Don't really know why these characters resonated with fans so much.

What's not to like about Kira and Lacus? lol. Kirito is also the second coming of Kira.

Are you a real junior or a fake junior like chickdigger.

watkinzez

So this is what I went with in the end btw. Will get more later down the line but I thought it was a nice first step. Dropped Laputa as it didn't have the ENG dub at all and I can always fix the dubtitles myself on the Disney BD. Shame. (might still pick it up down the line for completion's sake.)
irSFxYaMbnSjg.png

Laputa does have the dub, actually. It's in the special features menu for whatever reason.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
And yet Arrietty is full of Oliver cockney's. Was expecting the Artful Dodger and Fagin to pop onto the screen at some point.

There's two dubs. Recorded the British one over Christmas so I should go watch that. Is the American one full of terrible Mary Poppins cockney impersonations?

Theonik

I wasn't aware of any stock issues at the time. I guess the sales just meant fluctuations were likely to occur, though.

Now I'm interested to see if I get hit with the inevitable import tax (which I will), and if it makes buying this stuff worthwhile.

Now that's just mean, they look good.

And the Japanese sets are classy, but they'd have to be considering the price.
I am now really jealous of them too. Don't seem to have the offensive DNR the UK release has either. I shouldn't have dug out that review. And I am worried about the same with the Ghibli BDs. Shipped them to my old house and sending them through there to increase my chances to dodge what would be 4800JPY of customs fees.

Brocures!
Hell yeah!

Been there, done that
Sounds like I should be reading that.

trejo

Senran Kagura 1

I went into this expecting nothing but a disposable T&A fanservice animu where I could just turn my brain off and enjoy but what I got instead was a very sobering inside look at a brave group of young maidens and the many hardships they must endure every day as they cultivate themselves in that most honorable of disciplines. The way of the ninja.

After all, everyone knows that warring ninja clans that wage secret wars amidst the shadows of modern day japan is a very real, very serious issue and one that everyone should treat with the respect it deserves.

This very clearly is an important work and its cultural and educational value is nigh unmeasurable.

kayos90

Senran Kagura 1

I went into this expecting nothing but a disposable T&A fanservice animu where I could just turn my brain off and enjoy but what I got instead was a very sobering inside look at a brave group of young maidens and the many hardships they must endure every day as they cultivate themselves in that most honorable of disciplines. The way of the ninja.

After all, everyone knows that warring ninja clans that wage secret wars amidst the shadows of modern day japan is a very real, very serious issue and one that everyone should treat with the respect it deserves.

This very clearly is an important work and its cultural and educational value is nigh unmeasurable.

I hate you.

Steroyd

Amnesia - 01

Wow what a stupid way to make the premise fit into the show, I'm amazed the premise of the show sustained itself to the end of this episode nevermind the next 11.

Love Live - 01

School is getting closed down, so main girl starts an idol club to save it blah blah blah.

Now then.

vsPpq.gif

Maybe it's because I'm used to the horrific difference between 2D and cg idols, but the way they married the 2 in this wasn't as such a difference that it was the equivalent taking a baseball bat batting the eyeballs out of my sockets, then giving me time to find my eyes back only to smack another homerun.

There's two dubs. Recorded the British one over Christmas so I should go watch that. Is the American one full of terrible Mary Poppins cockney impersonations?

Oh really. I saw it was airing on Film 4 and decided to have a look, might track the American version just to see.

Theonik

Laputa does have the dub, actually. It's in the special features menu for whatever reason.
Does it? It's not listed on the disk features. And I was watching a review that said otherwise. I guess I can consider it on the next haul in a few months.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Oh, Aikatsu...

I got around to watching that Christmas episode the other day - the gifs posted here didn't quite prepare me for the majesty of the dance number in that episode. Something tells me that's the first dance for which they weren't taken the motion data for the dance straight from the game production team.

I think it says something about the CG when discussions on whether or not any effort was put in are purely speculative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom