• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter of Anime 2013 |OT -4| It's not my fault!

Community's choice! What should the next numbering of the |OT| format be?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Clannad 19 - 23 (end)

The concluding arc was solid. I dont think Nagisa story was really all that interesting but the events around the school stuff made it entertaining, Tomoya was great, Nagisa's old man went with him well and that backstory of their dreams was touching.
Though it seemed odd for Nagisa to be affected that way just from seeing that her birth caused them to go different ways as it didnt seem to be that she found out that her sickness and such got in the way. It kind of ruined the climax in the play as that was her reason for weeping on stage, though I like how her dad screamed then Tomoya joined in
I also wish there were more closure
Sunohara ended up nowhere, we dont even know what he will do in the future, and more for him to have such a pivotal role in at least affecting other characters at least would think others would be interested in him, loved the moment with him and Tomoya in that Tomoya vision of them running on the beach, was funny. We never did resolve Tomoya and his father issues either, and what will he do in the future himself?
. Emotionally it was a good anime though a bit unbalanced
As there was really nothing sad once the club was formed

Overall a 6 / 10 story, worth buying it when it was on sale and fun experience however it could have probably been better with supernatural elements thrown in and cast with better character designs, Sunohara, Tomoya were good but all the supporting cast just proved to be more and more annoying over time and kind of silly.

cajunator

Banned
We agree all the time. You have the highest MAL compatibility score of anybody I know from here.

x_x

Shit, I thought you were Regulus. You took his avatar.
Yeah I suppose I do agree with you a lot when it comes to animu though.
Its a bit weird actually. I wonder which particular entries make the compatibility so high?

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Clannad 19 - 23 (end)

The concluding arc was solid. I dont think Nagisa story was really all that interesting but the events around the school stuff made it entertaining, Tomoya was great, Nagisa's old man went with him well and that backstory of their dreams was touching.
Though it seemed odd for Nagisa to be affected that way just from seeing that her birth caused them to go different ways as it didnt seem to be that she found out that her sickness and such got in the way. It kind of ruined the climax in the play as that was her reason for weeping on stage, though I like how her dad screamed then Tomoya joined in
I also wish there were more closure
Sunohara ended up nowhere, we dont even know what he will do in the future, and more for him to have such a pivotal role in at least affecting other characters at least would think others would be interested in him, loved the moment with him and Tomoya in that Tomoya vision of them running on the beach, was funny. We never did resolve Tomoya and his father issues either, and what will he do in the future himself?
. Emotionally it was a good anime though a bit unbalanced
As there was really nothing sad once the club was formed

Overall a 6 / 10 story, worth buying it when it was on sale and fun experience however it could have probably been better with supernatural elements thrown in and cast with better character designs, Sunohara, Tomoya were good but all the supporting cast just proved to be more and more annoying over time and kind of silly.

Are you going to start After Story now? I found it much better.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Shit, I thought you were Regulus. You took his avatar.
Yeah I suppose I do agree with you a lot when it comes to animu though.
Its a bit weird actually. I wonder which particular entries make the compatibility so high?

Wow I can't believe this shit.

Reg stole the avatar FROM ME.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I'm undecided on whether these are intentionally bad or not

Mugi and Yui look ok, the latter if you like angry eyebrows. Chet will certainly hate Mio in that and Ritsu does look rather off. Or should one say :awesome:?

To make up for it, here's another Ritsu that's pretty good.
hCMRp.jpg

Clannad Another World ~ Tomoy Arc

This was actually much more emotional and touching and powerful than the concluding arc and ending to the main world.
The students and teachers were taking the past that much into account and ruining these two characters lives, that was rather rude and unfair to them. Once a delinquent doesnt mean they are always ones. I was glad they did have at least a happy end

cajunator

Banned
Mugi and Yui look ok, the latter if you like angry eyebrows. Chet will certainly hate Mio in that and Ritsu does look rather off. Or should one say :awesome:?

To make up for it, here's another Ritsu that's pretty good.

I cant see that link. It says something about too many loops?

Narag

Sailor Moon SuperS 166

SmZyFl.png

Rose of Versailles homage?

Oh yes yes that was a quality opening and a great everything else. Might write up some detailed final thoughts later, might not! Episode had a great sense of speed in some scenes too which reminded me of the beginning Sailor Moon's last episode. I like how wikimoon pointed out that
this was the only ep where no attacks were used.
hah

@mad pierrot: hito really did sell us short on this. It's not S but I'd probably rank it above the first two series (just barely over the first).

Problem Children and A Rabbit 02

I give up on the stupidly long title.

Hey, I like this episode. Continues to sound more like a MMO but without them going all hey, hey we're in a MMO.

The infodump wasn't bad and nice to see the two girls' powers.

Also, the ED is all kinds of adorable. I expect incoming gifs.

Syrinx

I went on Amazon just 'cause I was curious about a Heartcatch Precure DVD set would cost, but they're all out of the full set and apparently haven't had any for awhile. Though I guess that's a good thing, looking at the prices for the individual, smaller sets. Ah well. In the backlog you stay.

Nafe

Saint Seiya Omega

Episode 40

I really liked this episode but it also made me really depressed. :(

--Pretty much massive spoilers in this whole writeup.--

It was nice to get some more back story on Sonia but her story is one of the more tragic. The symbolism of the empty desert representing her heart and then the one tiny oasis of happiness with her family in it. She would do anything to try and keep that image she had of her family when she was younger and to keep her father's approval...That scene in the rain with Aria singing and her breaking down was really powerful. :(

It seems like Medea never really loved her. She was just a tool to help train and protect Eden whom they had more interest in and then to force Mars's will on others. She honestly seems even worse than Mars at the moment as far as the antagonists go. With Mars, it almost seems like they're trying to slightly humanize him as you see from the flashbacks he wasn't always how he was currently but the more screen time Medea gets the more twisted she seems.

The fight with Souma animation wise was really good. At first I was upset that he seemed to have no problems fighting her despite her being a Gold Saint but then found out she wasn't really a Gold Saint despite wearing the armor. (As a quick aside, that makes me wonder how it works for that other guy who controls time then? Is it really true then that because he's cursed he get's more power?) Her heart was also wavering as well. She didn't really want to kill others but she wanted her parents approval and wanted so desperately to cling to her image of them as she felt that's all she really had.

With the other Gold Saints having harsher upbringings as well, I thought she could be saved and come to fight alongside Koga and the others or at least do like Eden and oppose Mars even without the others. I feel really bad for Eden now as well. First Aria and now Sonia. He's going to be REALLY mad. Even though the opening sequence has shown her burning up in flames for awhile now, which immediately had me worried upon seeing that, I guess I was hoping things wouldn't turn out that way and just got really depressed they did. It figures one of the characters in the show I liked, and yet another of the female one's at that, and she had to die. :(

It was a strange bitter-sweetness as she mistakes Souma for Mars and dies happy in the thought that she finally had his approval but the reality is obviously that wasn't Mars. In the end I really liked the episode but just got really depressed that one of the characters I had hoped would survive and they could do more with is gone. I'm really interested to see how this Gold Saint story arc will conclude and what will come after regarding Mars and Medea.

cajunator

Banned
I went on Amazon just 'cause I was curious about a Heartcatch Precure DVD set would cost, but they're all out of the full set and apparently haven't had any for awhile. Though I guess that's a good thing, looking at the prices for the individual, smaller sets. Ah well. In the backlog you stay.

You guy japanese discs?

Syrinx

Just my thought, but I think we should start linking to these realistic K-ON! images. So I don't have to look at them anymore.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I went on Amazon just 'cause I was curious about a Heartcatch Precure DVD set would cost, but they're all out of the full set and apparently haven't had any for awhile. Though I guess that's a good thing, looking at the prices for the individual, smaller sets.
This is the type of show that makes its money through other medium and not DVD/BD sales, so it doesn't surprise me that the print number is very small.
Ah well. In the backlog you stay.
Boo!

Alright so, long story short, I'm retiring from GAF. Not anything to do with you guys, just that posting here (and other places on the internet, including the IRC) constantly is a distraction that I can no longer afford. I may or may not come back later on down the line, but for right now I'm done. :(

Actually, I'll probably make the occasional post on Gaming if something big happens and maybe show up here to give quick impressions on what I'm currently watching, but nothing more. Just can't do it anymore.

Sasami, Haganai, and Minami-ke are still pretty good and I have no desire to watch Tamako 2. Maybe one of these days... Hopefully others here will be able to take on the SHAFT banner in my stead!

And if some junior stumbles in here and wants to know what's the hype with K-ON!, we should hold our hands still for a second and ask ourselves :

"What would Jman do?"

And if someone calls Shaft a bunch of lazy hacks, unable to bring any semblance of life in their bloated powerpoint presentations we ask again :

"What would Jman do?"

And in our hearts we shall know the answer.

An Ending is merely the end of an episode (or even a sexy time in a VN I was told)

This is not your last ED my friend.

These are the stars Altair, Denab and Vega...

Second season, when?;_;

Narag

The product says it's for Region 1 (U.S. and Canada), and that it has English subs with Japanese audio. So...no. Though I guess maybe the description could be wrong. Still, I won't know, because it's unavailable.

Pretty sure that's a bootleg listing. or a malaysia version or whatever they call it these days.

cajunator

Banned
The product says it's for Region 1 (U.S. and Canada), and that it has English subs with Japanese audio. So...no. Though I guess maybe the description could be wrong. Still, I won't know, because it's unavailable.

It was never available here. Probably a mislabel.

Varion

The day Toei finally decide they're going to go back and make Heartcatch blurays is going to be a really really expensive one for me.

They're not going to do it though ;_; Can't believe it was just one off. If only Heartcatch and Suite were switched years.

jgminto

Maoyu 3

I don't think I've mentioned this yet but the OP track is a pretty sweet jam. This episode was pretty dull for most part. Potatoes just aren't that interesting. I enjoyed the character interaction between the Demon King, the Hero and the Knight but there wasn't much of that this episode. Hopefully it'll get more interesting, because for most of that episode I was just watching on autopilot.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Haatocatchi Purikyua!
The day Toei finally decide they're going to go back and make Heartcatch blurays is going to be a really really expensive one for me.

They're not going to do it though ;_; Can't believe it was just one off. If only Heartcatch and Suite were switched years.
At two episodes a pop you better enjoy your eighty bucks for those twelve new minutes of animation per disc!

Dresden

Alright so, long story short, I'm retiring from GAF. Not anything to do with you guys, just that posting here (and other places on the internet, including the IRC) constantly is a distraction that I can no longer afford. I may or may not come back later on down the line, but for right now I'm done. :(

Actually, I'll probably make the occasional post on Gaming if something big happens and maybe show up here to give quick impressions on what I'm currently watching, but nothing more. Just can't do it anymore.

Sasami, Haganai, and Minami-ke are still pretty good and I have no desire to watch Tamako 2. Maybe one of these days... Hopefully others here will be able to take on the SHAFT banner in my stead!
Good luck bro. Pop into IRC now and then.

Mr.Jeff

Did.....did you guys really spend like 4 pages talking about the best condiments?

This thread goes to some weird places while I'm working.

Edit: Also, I am now sadly caught up to episode 18 of Tokyo Encounter. Now I have to watch more Yami.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom