• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter-Spring 2014 Anime |OT3| People incapable of guilt usually do have a good time

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
what is a man?
lpNgY2j.jpg

cajunator

Banned
Toradora 25 [END]
*Series Review posting tomorrow; This is just an episode review

So we progress naturally to 25 where we get a very powerful emotional intro and the characters resolving to doing certain things. This was going really well. It was going to be great.
Taiga and Ryuji declare their love for each other and they want to be with each other
. I even teared up a few times.

UNTIL HALF WAY IN THEY DECIDED "NOPE! HOW ABOUT AT THIS MOMENT WE DO SOME PHILOSOPHICAL BULLSHIT ABOUT HOW THE CHARACTER NEEDS TO GROW MORE AND WANTS TO LEARN TO 'SHINE BRIGHTER'!"
ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! EVEN AMI SAYS ITS SO CHEESY THAT ITS HARD TO TAKE SERIOUSLY AND I AGREE. F THAT NONSENSE.

So that happened. And then after a little bit of credits we get the big joke pay off on the bird, which I will admit I chuckled but not enough to warrant its presence throughout this show. We
skip to graduation and instead of having a sweet moment that would've been a nice pay off we get Taiga hitting Ryuji because "that's the way it's meant to be".

I need to sleep more on this ending but to say the least this
was not how I wanted it to end

Remember how I said weeks ago how a lot of high school romance anime stop at the confession or the MC never chooses and how that always infuriated me even before Clannad After Story? This is an example of one of those. Great show all the way through even the last episode. I however do not like where they decided to stop and I didn't like Taiga's decision half way through.

CorvoSol

Great Mazinger 11

Boss does a better job of surveillance on the Great Mazinger than the Mycenaean forces. Are these clowns really the ones who managed to beat Koji Kabuto?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Toradora 25 [END]

And here's where I tell you how the light novel's ending differed from the anime:

It's actually fairly similar, except Taiga isn't gone for over a year like she is in the anime. Instead she comes back like three months later (bumping into Ryuji on the way to school), reveals that she and her mother moved into a house not far from Ryuji's, and finishes out high school with Ryuji and everyone else.

I actually prefer it.

EDIT: Also, I'll discuss the ending a little more in depth with you tomorrow.

TheRancor

I really hope Kawai doesn't phone this one in. With his TV soundtracks it's a crapshoot sometimes.
Yeap, there is no guarantee Kawai will deliver a good score especially in TV. That said though, I'm not particularly a big fan of him. So he may still please others anyways.

CorvoSol

Shiro Kabuto is a little shit.

"I'm mad so I'M GONNA KICK THIS PUPPY."

"My girlfriend is begging me not to but I'M GONNA BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF THESE GUYS."

"This priest has shown me nothing but kindness and is now praying for the safe return of my friend locked in mortal combat with horrific monsters. Great Mazinger is the shit though so I'M GONNA MAKE A HUGE FUSS DURING HIS PRAYER."

Ever since I watched this show I've been fighting the urge to
just get up and dance in the middle of class.

3aDxuId.gif

It was a teenage wedding,
and the old folks wished them well
You could see that Pierre
did truly love the mademoiselle

yHwXzgb.gif

And now the young monsieur and madame have rung the chapel bell, "C'est la vie", say the old folks, it goes to show you never can tell

Gazoinks

Gintama 79
This was quite possibly the single greatest episode of toilet humor in the history of mankind. I have no idea how they managed to make an episode about four people stuck on toilets engaging, fresh, hilarious, and weirdly intense, but here it is!

Bonus: Tsundere Gin

CorvoSol

In Great Mazinger Jesus Christ sends a crow to lead an army of stray animals to beat the crap out of a bratty ten year old.

This is why Mecha is better than your favorite genre of anime.

Princess Tutu 8-10

I think the show actually became above average now, since the plot seems to be moving forward at this point compared to most shows.

Episode 10 seemed particularly rushed though.

Part of me really wants to believe this is how Japan still thinks Americans dance. :lol

That is how we dance. Randomly flailing your arms and legs around is basically how we dance. :p

And here's where I tell you how the light novel's ending differed from the anime:

It's actually fairly similar, except Taiga isn't gone for over a year like she is in the anime. Instead she comes back like three months later (bumping into Ryuji on the way to school), reveals that she and her mother moved into a house not far from Ryuji's, and finishes out high school with Ryuji and everyone else.

I actually prefer it.

EDIT: Also, I'll discuss the ending a little more in depth with you tomorrow.

Yes we will. I don't think my review will be as large as my From the New World Review but I hope I can give this anime what it deserves.

=====================================

On that note, I finished two animes within 24 hours of each other. I watched at least 25-35 episodes of anime in the last 48 hours. Do I get a cookie or do I only get looks of shame, pity and bewilderment?

That is how we dance? Randomly flailing your arms and legs around is basically how we dance. :p

Yes we will. I don't think my review will be as large as my From the New World Review but I hope I can give this anime what it deserves.

=====================================

On that note, I finished two animes within 24 hours of each other. I watched at least 25-35 episodes of anime in the last 48 hours. Do I get a cookie or do I only get looks of shame, pity and bewilderment?

Depends on your review/reaction. we judge everything here

Gazoinks

Bakemonogatari 12

The first half was awkward as hell, but this episode ended up surprisingly sweet. It didn't really have anything to do with the Cat arc, but it was nice seeing Senjyogahara and Arararararararararararararararararagi connecting. Plus the ED lyrics have meaning now!

I like how Kanbaru is apparently a feature of Senjyogahara. They're a package deal I guess.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Tokyo Ravens Episode 20
Oh no, that really happened D:
I still kinda expect her to wake up in a hospital bed the next episode or atleast be in a coma.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom