• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter-Spring 2014 Anime |OT3| People incapable of guilt usually do have a good time

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRancor

Never occurred to me G. Reco was sctual Tomino Gundam. I was under the impression it was him making something Gundam-ish elsewhere after bring out out to pasture.

I don't know why either!
Well in an interview back in 2012
Tomino: We first revealed the "G Reko" project in the Newtype Ace #1 magazine publication. At that time, we use the letter "G" to launch the project. To use the Gundam name would get in the way of what we want to achieve... which is an entirely new robot series.

Muraue: I understand that. The letter G deals with gravity and earth's surface. I can imagine you want to have broader possibilities when creating a new story.
http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2012/08/tomino-yoshiyukis-new-project-g-reko.html

So yeah lol.

duckroll

usNDafl.jpg

http://www.itmedia.co.jp/news/articles/1403/20/news110.html
http://mantan-web.jp/2014/03/20/20140320dog00m200040000c.html

Gundam - Reconguista in G is Tomino's new project. They didn't say exactly that it's a TV series, but it probably is. It'll start in Fall 2014. The character designer is Kenichi Yoshida, who worked on Gainer with Tomino, and later on Eureka 7. It's a sequel to Universal Century, set in the next calendar system - リギルド・センチュリー (Rigild Century?). Yuugo Kanno is composing the music.

G-Reco trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kX_kQZLb64E
G-Reco site: http://g-reco.net/

Gundam the Origin is a 4 part theatrical event project similar to how Gundam Unicorn was released. The first part is "The Blue-eyed Casval", and will open in Spring 2015. The story for the animated Origin is going to follow the story of Char and his sister Artesia, so it's probably only covering one portion of the Origin manga instead of being a full remake of 0079.

Origin trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzMo9sV_T-c
Origin site: http://www.gundam-the-origin.net/

----

G-Reco has really interesting staff revealed on the trailer.

Chief Director: Yoshiyuki Tomino

Character Design: Kenichi Yoshida

Mecha Design: Akira Yasuda, Ippei Gyobu, Kimitoshi Yamane

Design Works: Shigeto Koyama, Kinu Nishimura, Gouda Cheese (Bengus), Pablo Uchida, Takumi Sakura, Ayumi Kurashima

Color Design: Nobuko Mizuta
Art Design: Tomoaki Okada

Music: Yugo Kanno

What's interesting to me is that there's a really nice variation in the designers. Koyama and Kurashima are both designers who have worked extensively with BONES, Nishimura and Bengus are oldschool Capcom dudes, and I think Pablo Uchida is a freelance web artist of some sort? The color designer and art designer both work with BONES a lot too. It's nice to see Tomino work with a wild range of talent.

TheRancor

Also yeah the trailer did have a very BONES feel to it, especially in the colour design which is part of why I loved it.
Huh, looking up Nobuko Mizuta, I didn't know he did the color design for Totoro. Maybe Michiyo Yasuda was too busy with Grave of the Fireflies back then.

Does anyone know whether or not the anime Btoom is good.

Key problem with the anime is its an adaptation of a survival game manga series that is only now finally entering its final arc, so one essentially is guaranteed a lackluster unsatisfying ending with no hope for a sequel anime.
tumblr_me5o7xSsrl1qbxqfpo1_500.gif

nano.RIPE finally coming back in action unless I missed the songs as of late, so may stick around for this for the ED and some of the character designs.

Gundam - Reconguista in G is Tomino's new project. They didn't say exactly that it's a TV series, but it probably is. It'll start in Fall 2014. The character designer is Kenichi Yoshida, who worked on Gainer with Tomino, and later on Eureka 7. It's a sequel to Universal Century, set in the next calendar system - リギルド・センチュリー (Rigild Century?). Yuugo Kanno is composing the music.

What's interesting to me is that there's a really nice variation in the designers. Koyama and Kurashima are both designers who have worked extensively with BONES, Nishimura and Bengus are oldschool Capcom dudes, and I think Pablo Uchida is a freelance web artist of some sort? The color designer and art designer both work with BONES a lot too. It's nice to see Tomino work with a wild range of talent.

Liking what I'm seeing so far out of all of this. Going to be cautiously optimistic.

Midonin

Aikatsu! 74

Graduation episodes, in any context, will never not be an emotional affair. Not strictly a clip show, but assembling a photo album has a very similar feel to it. Sakura and Otome's performance of "Original Star" was a great way to cap the episode, and pave the way for the new students to take the stage... if they ever do. Ichigo's still the protagonist and she has, without a doubt, graduated. I'm not really sure where the series is going to go from here, but it already has a second OP/ED announced and a movie coming in December, so it's got to keep running for some time.

phaze

Hunter x Hunter 62-85

IqNvTzJ.jpg

That dodge ball game was awesome, the conclusion of the arc not so much.
I'm rapidly losing hope that
Gon gets to meet Ging in the
30 something eps remaining.

Also can someone spoil me here.
Bisky is Gon's mother ? That's what I took from that line about attachment.

Midonin

Engaged to the Unidentified 11

All the little idiosyncrasies were on full display. Mashiro's constant meetings with Nessie, and her love of aliens despite being a wolf creature herself. Who let Benio volunteer at a kindergarten? That sounds like it can only lead to trouble. Figures we'd be getting some sort of minor relationship drama to shake things up before the finale, but for the most part, it was an enjoyable episode, and the winter scenery was beautiful.

Hunter x Hunter 62-85

IqNvTzJ.jpg

I doubt it. I'm not totally sure but Gon's mother is probably dead

As for Ging (huge spoiler):
Gon will meet him but only after the Chimera Ant Arc

phaze

Ahahahahahahahaha.
Nothing was said in the manga, but I highly doubt that that's true.

I doubt it. I'm not totally sure but Gon's mother is probably dead

Ahhh okay. Thought they were strongly implying it. Even that line
about not being interested in men who already have kids seemed like an inside joke to me.

I'm too afraid to look at that Ging spoiler. :)

jbug617

Banned
Engaged to Unidentified 11

We are getting the drama now.
With Mashiro almost getting caught by Niko, they return back to the mountains. My guess Kobeni and Benio will go to the mountains to bring them back.

Also another great crazy Benio moment.

Articalys

http://polyphonicar2010.blog51.fc2.com/blog-entry-17171.html

If I'm reading this correctly, on the LN page for Fujimi Shobo, there's a message under the series Saenai Kanojo no Sodatekata that claims it's getting an anime adaptation on noitaminA in January next year.
The life of Tomoyo Aki, a high-school otaku working part time to support his BD horading. With remarkable luck, he bumps head-first into Megumi Kato, the most beautiful girl he has ever seen. Naturally, the meeting twists his life into a complicated torrent of relationships. Eriri Spencer Sawamura, his half-foreigner childhood friend who's always valued her relationship with him. Kasumigaoka Utaha, a cold, composed renowned literary genius who shoves everyone aside from our protagonist. What is this? An eroge introduction?

The tale of a small not quite doujin circle, but not quite indie studio's journey through the tough territory of comiket and beyond.
edit: lol, and of course it's mysteriously vanished by now, but the picture proof is still at the article link. There's also a saenai.tv domain that was registered recently.

Yonafunu

Ahhh okay. Though they were strongly implying it. Evan that line
about not being interested in men who already have kids seemed like an inside joke to me.

I'm too afraid to look at that Ging spoiler. :)

I actually never even considered that. But yeah, it's extremely unlikely.

As for that Ging stuff, don't worry about it.

duckroll

noitaminA leaks all over the place. It's interesting that its a Winter 2015 show though, which means there's a good chance they we'll learn about shows from Summer 2014 through to Winter 2015 tomorrow. :)

Branduil

The life of Tomoyo Aki, a high-school otaku working part time to support his BD hording. With remarkable luck, he bumps head-first into, Megumi Kato, the most beautiful girl he has ever seen. Naturally, the meeting twists his life into a complicated torrent of relationships. Eriri Spencer Sawamura, his half-foreigner childhood friend who's always valued her relationship with MC. Kasumigaoka Utaha, a cold, composed renowned literary genius who shoves everyone aside from our protagonist. What is this? An eroge introduction?

The tale of a small not quite doujin circle, but not quite indie studio's journey through the tough territory of comiket and beyond.

iXBqPWIXr6PuS.jpg

Chuu2 Ren 9-10

When Shichimiya’s character was initially introduced, it seemed likely that she was there just to create tension between Utah and Rikka. What was interesting, was that she was initially presented with greater emotional intelligence and self awareness than anyone else in the cast, in that she seemed aware of the repercussions of her presence and behaviour. Perhaps expecting that to maintain was wishful thinking on my part but given that, it was acceptable that she be used as a catalyst for progress in Utah and Rikka’s relationship. Fast forward to this pair of episodes, where we see Shichimiya stripped of all that and reduced to a sobbing girly, unable to resist the charm of heroic-caregiver/lover-to-the-mentally-ill Utah. In fairness, the development isn’t out of left field, and is shown to be a re-surfacing of past feelings, rather than a sudden attack from cupid’s arrow. Does that make it anymore interesting though, or just more predictable? Other than reliance on the formulaic, with the hope that “like those other shows but Chuunibyou’d” would be enough to carry the show, I really don’t understand the insistence on squandering every unique opportunity the show had. There’s a strong lack of direction that’s pervaded this entire season. From what I’ve seen, even people who typically enjoy the show weren’t thrilled with the most recent turn of events, so what purpose it serves I don’t know. Let’s introduce a new character, waste her potential and then stomp on her heart for some drama? Alright, sadists.

Then we have Rikka interpreting Utah’s belief in her as encouragement of her delusions, and deciding to renew her faith in the Dark Lord nonsense. Are they trying to position this as her succeeding in being true to herself and her interests while maintaining a romantic relationship, rather than accepting the either/or scenario as presented by Shichimiya? As if “my romantic feelings are making it difficult for me to pretend I’m magic” was a reasonable concern in the first place. That’s what I got from the parts I managed to pay attention to, and again, barely anything has changed.

Toka’s short conversation with Utah at the beach inadvertently encapsulated one of the show’s greatest issues. She expresses both disappointment and relief over the state of his and Rikka’s relationship, and questions his satisfaction with the lack of meaningful progress; a perspective which mirrors my own as a viewer. Given that her relief presumably stems from the fact her little sister is safe, with friends and nothing terrible has happened, where does the leave me, with my lack of familial ties to the events? With just the disappointment.

There’s still 3 episodes remaining, but Rikka could toss her eyepatch and fuck Utah stupid and it wouldn’t save a season that's comfortably limboing under the already low bar set by the first. It would be a start though.

Yuyushiki 10-11

yuyushiki091001n9krv.png
yuyushiki0910027wj8z.png

Cutest title card.

Yuyushiki saves the day. Sort of. This show is fun and pretty comforting as usual. As weird as it is, I find it to be a pretty relatable portrayal of screwing around with friends at school. I even used to do random whiteboard art, though never with wrestling props. It's perhaps a heightened reality in that respect, with a yuri bent to it. That said, I think ignoring the majority of the new cast members that they did a good job introducing was a bit of a mistake. Aikawa shows up briefly in 11, and Mum-sensei in 10, but I think including more people only improves the show in general. I like how Mum manages to feel like an adult, but still contributes to the fun. Again, it's relatable, and reminds me of teachers that put up with/encouraged the stupid ideas me and my friends had in school, instead of being wet blankets constantly.

The production of both these episodes was great. It varied for a couple of episodes there, but it's back on track now. The amount of interesting camera angles they fit in without many set changes is really fun to watch.

Oh shit there's only 1 episode left. I thought there were 2. No ;_;

Articalys

G-Reco has really interesting staff revealed on the trailer.

[...]

As usual, while I'm not typically a Gundam series person, I'll probably keep an eye on this since it's been so long in the making.

Link Man

Banned
Engaged to the Unidentified 11

ixfgu8qEUdkFm.jpg

So this episode we got tsundere aliens, food critic Kobeni, and Benio in a Kindergarten classroom. Great episode, but next week's the last one? ;_;

Oh, and of course,

ivrjZp5AbhdNg.jpg

igiwz1CirTDQG.jpg

Midonin

Nagi no Asukara 24

The Ofunehiki got us into this mess, and it's going to be what gets us out. So many love confessions flying around, regardless of age differences. Some cute, some heartbreaking, but this house of cards is going to have to topple in some direction eventually. One thing I like about the scenery is how lived-in it looks. That scene of everyone gathering at the dock showed as much.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
At least it's better than it used to be. They used to IP block everybody from outside of NA from even accessing the page.

"Dem non Yanks be hacking our infos. Weez best not let dem in ta our site before they infest us with their commie ways."

Hunter x Hunter 62-85

IqNvTzJ.jpg

No. Bisky got mother feeligns after spending too much time with gon & kilua .. She got intrested in ging because she knew him from reputation alone and what his son was .. but in the end she isn't intrested in a man who already has a kid no matter what. No need to go deeper than that

*Insert joyfull kirino mosaic gif here *

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom