• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Storm for NE/MA States Friday-Sunday (Up: Blizzard warnings)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jhoan

lol Jipan, you live near 181st?

hahaha we are close. Staying up here at the moment.
Sure do. Been outside for 3 hours now? It feels meditative walking through all the snow and taking pictures left and right. Saw a rat running through the snow on 181st and St.Nick. Tried to cross the GW but got turned away. I'll upload pics once I get home. It's died down and streets are plowed.

crazyprac

Apparently 70 is closed from 695 all the way west to 81, and 270 from 495 up to 70 until 7am tomorrow.

I haven't even thought about what the plowing situation is like out there, but it must be bad.

I live in MoCo, looking at their plow map online... I think I'll be sitting here till Monday/Tuesday and I live two blocks from a major road which hasn't been plowed once... Good thing is I can walk to for roceries, if they're open...

Dominator

Got about 2 feet where I am in NJ, cars on the street are completely fucked due to drift. Waking up at 8am tomorrow to shovel my sidewalk/backyard/driveway.

Should be fun!

OmniGamer

Brooklyn earlier today and tonight

dXarUkV.jpg

So glad I'm still home for this :)...earlier birthday present for me. I'm a winter baby and love the eerie mode this sets.

Blizzard '96 was awesome, two days home from school playing Yoshi's Island and Chrono Trigger.

mcfrank

Brooklyn earlier today and tonight

So glad I'm still home for this :)...earlier birthday present for me. I'm a winter baby and love the eerie mode this sets.

Blizzard '96 was awesome, two days home from school playing Yoshi's Island and Chrono Trigger.

Someone parked in front of the hydrant.

The Chef

Have a redeye flight from the west coast into JFK Sunday night on JetBlue...wonder if they'll give me a travel voucher to go later.

Staab

Have a redeye flight from the west coast into JFK Sunday night on JetBlue...wonder if they'll give me a travel voucher to go later.
All the goddamn flights are canceled...
We were supposed to leave from NY to Miami on Sunday afternoon but they've shut it all down.

You guys have any experience with these things ? First time it happens to me and we can't really reschedule since we're on a trip from Europe :/

Seeing New York under heavy snow has been lovely though.

ApharmdX

Banned
So Hagerstown, MD where I live ended up with 2.5'. Across the border in Martinsburg, WV they hit 3'. We're going to be stuck inside until Monday or Tuesday at this rate.

Metalmarc

As horrible as it is, and i am sorry for you guys who are struggling with this bad weather in the u.s, be safe guys

But i just wanted to add, we have some very amazing snow photgraphers here on Neogaf, all the pictures make me kinda wish we had snow back here in the UK, they're all memsmerizing to look at.

Apt101

Our patio in southern NJ, just outside of Philly.

Shot that from inside. There was a massive snowdrift on the roof that fell right in front of the door.

That looks uncannily like my the backyard of the place my GF is staying at in NJ right now. Dude.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I'm eating breakfast and getting ready to spend the day shoveling snow, but took the time to take a few quick pics from my pajamas inside the house. 32" of snow, dear Lord.....

Philia

LOL Sean, your neighbor is gonna fuck up your clean driveway soon enough. Unless he's adamant in staying in until it all melts away.

My husband shoveled during the blizzard to prevent it from getting too much for him later, we'll see if it pays dividends right now.

My neighbor already fucked me, he parked his car in the streets and close to my drive way looks like i have to go 10 feet into the fucking street just to clear my drive way, unless this cunt gets up and moves his car, It's going to be a long day of shoveling..

atomsk

Party Pooper
Took an hour to shovel my car out which was maybe 5 feet from the street.

Got it out with little problem, but I can't exactly park it on the street, so I backed it into where it was... and now I'm stuck.

I guess that's something to work on after lunch.

woolley

Finally got my car cleared out. If some fucker takes my spot when I leave for work I'm dumping the whole mountain of snow right on their car.

Salaadin

We didnt get hit as bad as some of you guys here in NEPA.
It was kind of an amusing week watching everyone go from "OMG storm this weekend!" on Monday to "Ha! Only 1-3 inches!" on Wednesday and then we ended up with 14.5. So many people I know were unprepared for it that Im curious to see what their reactions will be tomorrow.

I shoveled all night. My neighbor? Not so much

I do not miss shared driveways at all. In our townhouse complex I would bust my ass shoveling only to come back to find the person next to me just rammed through the snow and took my spot.

In the duplex I was in the one neighbor had 2 kids (and she parked her car on the street) but they never came out to help. The other neighbor was from Florida and would just drive over the snow causing it just become a giant sheet of ice.

SeanR1221

I do not miss shared driveways at all. In our townhouse complex I would bust my ass shoveling only to come back to find the person next to me just rammed through the snow and took my spot.

In the duplex I was in the one neighbor had 2 kids (and she parked her car on the street) but they never came out to help. The other neighbor was from Florida and would just drive over the snow causing it just become a giant sheet of ice.

What's annoying is its two guys around 30. Both physically fit and active. Like, bust your ass and get to work.

coopolon

Just shoveled front walkway and side walk in front of the house. Yikes! Thinking I'll go out this afternoon and dig out the cars. Neighbors are talking about shoveling the road because who knows when we are going to get plowed but I'm realllllyyyy not feeling it this time. Let's wait until tomorrow afternoon to see if we get plowed first right?

My body is shot today. My girlfriend has a 100-foot long 5-car circular driveway. Must have taken 3 hours to shovel it all and free up the cars. It was actually fun, but a shit ton of work and in feeling it now.

Mahonay

Banned
Trains are already back up here in Brooklyn. I usually bitch about the MTA but God damn that was quick! I can even go get my scheduled haircut in the Manhattan today.

Shadybiz

Lost power for about 2 hours today, but then it came back on while I was outside shoveling. Good thing, too, because I was starting to wonder if we were going to have to get a hotel room for the night or something.

I did most of the shoveling of the driveway, but my neighbor just won 2016 MVP by bailing me out with his snowblower at the bottom, where all the crap from the plow was sitting, which is of course the hardest part. I now owe him a case of beer, and a bottle of wine for his wife, which I will make good on this week.

WedgeX

Banned
I'm not sure about Turncliff's but we went to Tunein; a lot of bars were open yesterday.

This is good to hear. I don't think I've any energy left to cook today. Two and a half hours of shoveling this morning, mostly to clear paths to the streets and to help two neighbors shovel paths around their cars. And they helped me clear mine out.

So. We've got four blocks from the Capitol building pre-storm.

6pm Friday.

9am Saturday.

At about 6pm Saturday night.

And the Capitol once more visible at about 10:30 this morning.

I don't think my car will be truly free until Wednesday with how the plows got us.

And a bonus from under my landlord's deck.

vehn

My body is shot today. My girlfriend has a 100-foot long 5-car circular driveway. Must have taken 3 hours to shovel it all and free up the cars. It was actually fun, but a shit ton of work and in feeling it now.

why don't you park at the front of the driveway, and put a tarp on top of the cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom