• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WipEout 2048 DLC comes out today (Free if you own WipEout HD or Fury, crossplay)

mkernan

Neo Member
Derp.
Avx8-LQCMAAanFp.jpg:large

Boss Man

It's so weird. Some people do absolutely everything wrong, and others do absolutely everything right. What a sweet deal, and for an audience that is already in love with the series and would have bought it anyway. Respect.

btkadams

the op confuses me. i have wipeout hd+fury. do i get everything (campaign, etc.) for free? or, do i just get the online multiplayer tracks for free?

Just raced a course in Wipeout HD. Feels really good. This is some of the best DLC I've seen released. It's not new content but having it suddenly on the go through my copy of 2048 is fantastic. I haven't played through HD/Fury in years.

Gamedeals

Neo Member
Had no problems downloading/installing it, but for some reason it doesn't look as good as the PS3 version (in spite of the OLED screen). Did they drop the framerate or resolution?

VanWinkle

The entire campaign of HD and Fury.

I didn't look too closely, but I didn't notice the zone stuff. Is that in there?

Had no problems downloading/installing it, but for some reason it doesn't look as good as the PS3 version (in spite of the OLED screen). Did they drop the framerate or resolution?

Well, its not 1080p and 60 FPS, lol. It still looks great, though, IMO. I knew it wouldn't look as good as the PS3 version.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Is Fury's Detonator mode in there. Someone confirm or deny! My hype needs to be controlled, and I feel like its probably not in there...

KillGore

So I'm a big wipeout fan and I have Wipeout HD and Wipeout 2048, my question is, is Fury worth it? what do they add that HD doesn't have?

kadotsu

Banned
So I'm a big wipeout fan and I have Wipeout HD and Wipeout 2048, my question is, is Fury worth it? what do they add that HD doesn't have?

Zone Battle Mode (awesome)
Detonator Mode (fuckawesome)
Eliminator Mode (meh)
Tracks
Cooler version of all ships
New Campaign that's as long as HD's

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
Damn that's a fantastic deal. I might buy Wipeout 2048 now since I own Wipeout HD and Fury. Crazy!

lowrider007

Licorice-flavoured booze?
I'm seriously getting very excited about this DLC, sooooo much content for free!, even though the update for EU doesn't go up until tomorrow I keep checking the store just in case: -), can't wait until it hits.

For those that have played it already are the tracks the same width as the ps3 counterparts?

Raine

I'm seriously getting very excited about this DLC, sooooo much content for free!, even though the update for EU doesn't go up until tomorrow I keep checking the store just in case: -), can't wait until it hits.

For those that have played it already are the tracks the same width as the ps3 counterparts?

They're the same exact tracks

Glix

Besides from some possible shared assets/music, why in the hell would they make this DLC and not just sell it as a separate thing? It's not incorporated into the main game at all.

I'm not complaining, but it seems stupid that you need to own 2048 to play this.

Carl

Wipeout 2048 could possibly be on sale in Europe starting tomorrow, so if you were thinking of downloading it from PSN, it's probably best to wait and see.

Besides from some possible shared assets/music, why in the hell would they make this DLC and not just sell it as a separate thing? It's not incorporated into the main game at all.

I'm not complaining, but it seems stupid that you need to own 2048 to play this.

So you buy Wipeout 2048...Obviously :p

I think the idea is that you can race against people on PS3, so the tracks and ships have to be identical for it to be fair...

KAL2006

Banned

So you buy 2048. Sony want to make a bit of money I guess

Berksy

That is the point :lol

US GAF please be a good person and upload some videos of this for us.

Dunan

I just went into online mode to see if you could play the HD/Fury stuff multiplayer.

My online progress in 2048 seems to have been completely erased. Not cool, Sony; not cool.

Raine

They're not selling it separate because they're not full games.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I just went into online mode to see if you could play the HD/Fury stuff multiplayer.

My online progress in 2048 seems to have been completely erased. Not cool, Sony; not cool.

Restart the game, I had this bug happen to me often. I guess they still havent fixed it

vesp

This pretty much validated my launch vita purchase. HD+Fury is easily in the top 10 games of this console generation and it is now given to me free on my handheld.

Raine

This may quite literally be the best dlc I've ever downloaded for free. Holy shit.

It certainly is for me. I'm going to uh...try to ration out my playtime with this. I completed the first section of HD and I already feel like I'm playing too much. I don't have money to buy anything else for a while :(

Top Bottom