• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WipEout 2048 DLC comes out today (Free if you own WipEout HD or Fury, crossplay)

OverHeat

« generous god »
Looks almost as good as HD...

jmshY.jpg

PXsXD.jpg

U0Kd9.jpg

cNp48.jpg

1UWMo.jpg

zzlXa.jpg

In screenshot yes, but in game HELL NO!

Oppo

In screenshot yes, but in game HELL NO!

The 2nd, 3rd and 4th shot have no blur effects, so pretty representative. Actually its slightly marred by the less than great JPEG compression the Vita does, plus double-squished on imgur.

What I'm sayin' is, at speed, I think it looks very comparable, while obviously not having that whole other 60 FPS level.

Raine said:
Too bad I still suck at doing that first turn :(
Yeah I still hate that turn too.

Afrikan

Damn Sony is good with this shit....I think they are going after customers like me with this "free DLC stuff"

I own Wipeout HD/Fury...but I wasn't planning on buying 2048, or at least not yet. But its like I have to get it now.

Any word if the Digital Version will go on Sale?

PaulLFC

Is this supposed to come out in Europe today too? I can't see it in the UK store at the moment - it's not under new releases and searching for Wipeout just brings back the game and the online pass.

Edit: Gah, it's Tuesday. Forgot update day is tomorrow for us.

Carl

Damn Sony is good with this shit....I think they are going after customers like me with this "free DLC stuff"

I own Wipeout HD/Fury...but I wasn't planning on buying 2048, or at least not yet. But its like I have to get it now.

Any word if the Digital Version will go on Sale?

Are you in Europe? If so, it could possibly go on sale tomorrow. If not, who knows?

Raine

As much as I'm loving this, I also hope the next DLC is free because I sure as hell do not want to pay to have a racebox on here when it should've been to begin with :|

KalBalboa

Banned
Just did a race in Fury and then HD. It's all there- Wipeout 2048 just doubled in value for me. And hey, I didn't need to buy jack- thanks Sony.

Question: can we do local cross-platform races? IE: can I race my Vita against my PS3 like I could at the old Vita Social Hill Club events, or would I have to go through the internet?

Is there still no Racebox even though almost the entire HD and Fury games are in there? :eek:
Nope, unfortunately still no racebox. The 3 portions of the game are split up between "single player," "HD," and "Fury" campaigns. And of course, online. But no racebox.

Not a huge deal for me, but I can see why some people want it.

yurinka

Awesome news! And I'll get both for free!

must-not-fap.jpg

Would love to know if it also supports crossplatform saves like Motorstorm RC.

I am all over this! Can't wait!

Oh god does this mean I have beat elite gold all over again for a trophy? But at 30fps? Oh the agony... It is going to be delicious anyway.

Raine

Question: can we do local cross-platform races? IE: can I race my Vita against my PS3 like I could at the old Vita Social Hill Club events, or would I have to go through the internet?

Wow I forgot all about this.

And no it doesn't appear to have that...It does have a game list now though where you can join. I don't remember that being there before.

yurinka

am i the only one who dislikes all of the gimmick stuff in the Fury campaign?
yes

Somebody, correct me if I'm wrong, but Wipeout HD is basically Pure and Pusle in HD for PS3. It takes some tracks from Pure and Pulse, but with much better graphics. Fury has new content though.
As I remember all the tracks of both Fury and HD are part (not all of them) of the available ones in Pulse and Pure. Same goes for the soundtrack, HD+Fury tracklist are basically some (not all) of the songs from Pure+Pulse remixed.

HD+Fury add the 2 new campaigns, trophies, and some game modes that are visually similar to Zone. And well, in Fury you have upgraded versions of the ships.

Some Pure or Pulse circuits, music tracks and modes aren't included in HD nor Fury.

KalBalboa

Banned
Wow I forgot all about this.

And no it doesn't appear to have that...It does have a game list now though where you can join. I don't remember that being there before.

Hmm. I booted my PS3 version really quick and didn't see any options for "Ad-Hoc" or anything, so my guess is that you'd just host a multiplayer game on your PS3 online and look for it from the Vita.

So I bought the HD/Fury disc release... is this still free for me?

As a WipEout fan since the PS1 days, I'm going to get it regardless.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
So I assume you get to use the HD/Fury ships for the campaigns and not the 2048 ones?

Such a shame that there is still not a racebox mode, having such a range of ships and levels to not be able to pick and choose is such a pity.

So I bought the HD/Fury disc release... is this still free for me?

As a WipEout fan since the PS1 days, I'm going to get it regardless.

Sadly not, the purchase of HD/Fury has to be on your account through the PlayStation store to get the DLC for free.

It sucks for disc buyers, but doing it another way it would be open for abuse I guess.

I don't believe so. Sorry :(

Well... that'll teach me.

My Vita and PS3 aren't using the same account at the moment anyway. My PS3 account is Aus and I set up a US account for my Vita. I think I better rectify this, because the connectivity stuff is pretty sweet.

Raonak

Banned
Wow. Didn't actualy know you get the full campaigns aswell. this is pretty fucking amazing.

an excellent way to boost sales too.

theBishop

Banned
I didn't do an A/B comparison, but the framerate seems lower than the 2048 content. Other than that, it's looking good. Not as razor-sharp as the PS3 version obviously, but a good port overall.

sun-drop

man if they had this news at E3 it would have single handedly saved the show for vita.

this is how you do it sony. brilliant!!!

Oppo

someday i'll get a new wipeout with no weapons, no gimmicks.

just racin'.

Need for Speed is that away ->

Wipeout has always been about weapons. unless you are doing speed laps/time trials of course. I recommend you race some ghosts. :)

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
I haven't booted this game since launch, but there no way this game running at a locked 30fps. It can get a bit choppy at time, unless it's only an issue with the DLC.

HD & Fury were not made to be played like this, if anything this has me wanting to boot the PS3 games more than continuing playing 2048.

kodt

Banned
I'm confused. I own Wipeout HD and Fury on PS3. I do not own Wipeout 2084. Can I download Wipeout HD on my Vita without owning 2084?

Raine

I'm confused. I own Wipeout HD and Fury on PS3. I do not own Wipeout 2084. Can I download Wipeout HD on my Vita without owning 2084?

No.

Really? It seems the same to me and I've been playing this game the most since launch. I don't know. I guess I'm no expert on these things though.

Nvm, just played a couple of tracks on 2048. It does seem lower/drop

I haven't booted this game since launch, but there no way this game running at a locked 30fps. It can get a bit choppy at time, unless it's only an issue with the DLC.

HD & Fury were not made to be played like this, if anything this has me wanting to boot the PS3 games more than continuing playing 2048.

No 2048 is locked at 30fps.

No. HD and Fury are DLC for 2048 on Vita.. so you need 2048.

Anyway, I wish crossplay races counted towards my rank. :(

Top Bottom