• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WIRED has given Hogwarts Legacy a 1/10 review score

Aja

Neo Member
So unproffesional. The writer should be fired. If he's supposed to review a videogame that is his job. If he wants to write about political issues/statements the find another job that suits that jobdescription. What if every reviewer would grade movies, music and games based on statements, political views or lifechoices of the producer of the medium. It would be the death of culture. You have to be able to have two thoughts in you're head at once and differentiate between the work of someone and the life of that person. Otherwise we can say bye bye to MUCH of the culture that's out there. It would be a like a fascist cultural war where opinions matter more then the art in itself and only the artists which is "cleared" by the cultural fascists would be ok.

Nah. A dangerous path. With that said I'm not against a fair discussion about Rowlings views but they should take place in the right enviroment. Damn I hate cancel culture.

I imagine, even if the higher ups were appalled by her review, they would feel like they have no choice but to publish it in fear of the angry mob.

They were stupid for selecting her to review it in the first place,

If I want a review of a steak house, I’d be stupid to ask a vegan who usually reviews fleshlights to write it.

SaintALia

Don't much care about all the 'woke/anti-woke' 'SJW/anti-SJW' talk around here, but this is just extremely bad form as a journalist/reviewer imo.

Write an article about Rowling, or the Harry Potter franchise, or for the game itself and how Rowling's shadow affects it, but it seems a bit unprofessional to use your review to essentially virtue signal. Or rather worse than virtue signal, the author already has an already (strong) established biased going in(they are trans), so the whole review seems like a write-off and essentially worthless to anyone except to those who the review is actually for, people looking to say 'Fuck You' to Rowling, and nothing more.

As a side note, seems the only reason this person got the reviewing job is because they're trans? All their past articles seem to be about gaming gear, sex gear...and coffee...?

Last edited:
I think it's fine if people want to bring up some aspect that's obliquely tied to a subject in a review. In fact IGN handled it well. This ain't that. "1" my ass. There's clearly nothing "mid"about the game.

I don't give a fuck about what they look like. If they review sex toys or not. What color their hair is or isn't. What I DO care about is a professional game reviewer review bombing a game, and the worst part - someone greenlighting it. Everything about the article is just fucking awful.

AGRacing

The dumb thing is that the game has representation in not only the right skin/hair for PoC, lgbt folks are represented well and without caricature. Ofcourse it doesnt matter to the schreeching weirdos
Aren't you paying attention ? Caricature is required now! That's what drag is all about! If you're part of the rainbow flag alliance and not a walking hyper exaggerated billboard of it - what the hell good are you to the culture war?!

That's what happened to JK in her activist circle as well.. she used to be a "feminist".... But they took her card because she wasn't crazy enough to keep it in 2023. And when they take your card you automatically go "Nazi". It's a tough gig.

SiahWester

These people should not be critics. This only hurts the developers/publishers that clearly put sooooo much effort into this. I haven't watched a single review because all or most of corporate media put their soical and political views first above anything else. Its ridiculous. There's no honesty anymore.

Last edited:

John Wick

The author:
Jaina%20Gray.jpg

Black Ink Crew Laughing GIF by VH1
I've never really took the piss out of anyone for their looks but...............
She should just shut the fuck up. I'd take one JKR over a thousand of her and her like.

Majormaxxx

I've never really took the piss out of anyone for their looks but...............
She should just shut the fuck up. I'd take one JKR over a thousand of her and her like.
The looks in themselves don't matter but they are reflective of a lazy, sloth-like, unhealthy lifestyle.

If you love gaming, stay healthy so you can game more...

Ugh...

Neilg

. I first noticed this when I saw these people start to criticize how characters were treated in fiction, like if a woman was raped in a book, that is not right because women shouldn’t be raped. Well, ok, but it’s a fiction book and that woman is NOT REAL.

Can you imagine these people trying to read lolita or the wasp factory? The discourse if those books were released today would be unbearable.
All nuance is totally lost on these people.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
The allegations against JK Rawlings isn’t great, that said Hogwarts legacy is already a fan favorite Hogwarts legacy 2 is going to be good.

Hogwarts legacy 2
Resetera:
crushed noo GIF

Dr.D00p

Worst part is the Editor probably chickened out of refusing the review for publication, for fear of being targeted by the Twatter Mob.

LordOfChaos

And what of the other hundreds and hundreds of people who put long hours into bringing this game about? Do all of them think her way? Do other game studios not have individuals that do?

And how the fuck does playing it lead to real world harm?

Well Wired, you made yourself an utter joke by publishing this edgelords piece

Arioco

I think this review might be the result of a wrong methodology. You just can't review a game the same way you review a sex toy because a game is not meant to be shoved up your ass after all. 🤷🏻‍♂️

daveonezero

Banned
people that want to control your thoughts, activities and sexual preferences are something special these days.

What kind of person or group of people thinks it’s a win when someone says they won’t play a video game for a cause?

Isn't Wired the ones that did that "how to build a computer" video some years ago that did pretty much everything wrong (and would actually damage/break some components), and when called out, basically said everyone was just being racist, because the guy in the video happened to be black?

Anyway, Metacritic currently doesn't have any negative critic review, so thankfully they've not taken this one into account.

Laieon

Isn't Wired the ones that did that "how to build a computer" video some years ago that did pretty much everything wrong (and would actually damage/break some components), and when called out, basically said everyone was just being racist, because the guy in the video happened to be black?

Anyway, Metacritic currently doesn't have any negative critic review, so thankfully they've not taken this one into account.

That was the Verge.

mcjmetroid

You know in all of this I really feel sorry for the genuine trans people just trying to get along in life.
It must be very hard to see all this.

I'm a gay fella and seeing what the extreme members of the LGBT community has become has made made me ashamed. I know it's not eveyrone and it's important to remember that.
Very unfortunate and it can't end well.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
You know in all of this I really feel sorry for the genuine trans people just trying to get along in life.
It must be very hard to see all this.

I'm a gay fella and seeing what the extreme members of the LGBT community has become has made made me ashamed. I know it's not eveyrone and it's important to remember that.
Very unfortunate and it can't end well.
The community needs to push back and kick these extremists loons out.

samenamenick

Neo Member
undefined

I mean, this is the senior editor. Looking at engagement for their other tweets (zero), this was the goldmine of the year for them lets face it, an otherwise dead for the last decade publication.

realcool

"you must view the world through the lens of somebody else's self-victimization"
"you must view the world through the lens of somebody else's mental disorder"
"you must view the world through the lens of an uninvolved party reacting on behalf of others"

i refuse.
giphy.gif

It’s not these days. For some reason, it’s a part of the human condition and been with us since the beginning.

Absolutely. Psychotic, manipulative, abusive people have always been around. These days, they tend to gravitate towards the LGBT+ circles because it's simply the easiest method of obtaining the power of manipulation and control they desire. Plus, it allows them to publicly display their perversions and debauchery without consequences (for now). Modern LGBT+ communities are literally a perfect fit for this type of personality.

You nailed it right there. In some regards these so-called "doctors" are worse than Dr. Mengele. He at least committed his atrocities under the guise of trying to advance science whereas as these guys are mutilating kids just to make themselves money.

Just to be clear when you say Dr. Mengele are you referring to the Nazi doctor?

If your answer is yes:

Is it really your belief that doctors that carry out the procedures for gender reassignment are worse than Josef Mengele, AKA "Angel of Death" who widely experimented on unwilling human captives in a sadistic manner and routinely had them killed afterwards in the guise of "advancing science?"

Last edited:
Top Bottom