• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WIRED has given Hogwarts Legacy a 1/10 review score

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
A person who worked on the game is now boycotting his own game, LOL!~
Didn’t boycott when he was getting paid tho.
Tea Time Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
[/URL]

"Hey, guys! Don't hire me!"

I think they should add a couple more difficulty modes in a patch. You can have LGBTQ+POC Mode, which is above the hardest difficulty and was co-designed by Soulsborne devs. On the other end, we can have Journalist mode, where every character is turned into a white cishet male. All spells learned automatically, but you don't need any of that because no one opposes you and All doors are open by default.

belmarduk

I would think that publicly denouncing a game you worked on right after its release would have a detrimental effect on future employment. Lets hope so for this clown.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
I would think that publicly denouncing a game you worked on right after its release would have a detrimental effect on future employment. Lets hope so for this clown.

I'm sure he's first pick for the second wave of devs on the landmark Chuck Tingle game. Free demo packaged with pre orders of Star Citizen.

Doczu

An Irish youtuber named CallMeKevin did a HL video that was pretty damn funny, but predictably the troons went haywire and harassed the fuck out of him to the point where he made an apology post and promised to not play the game again. Absolute lunacy.

Damn i could hear his spine being shat out when he was writing that.

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
An Irish youtuber named CallMeKevin did a HL video that was pretty damn funny, but predictably the troons went haywire and harassed the fuck out of him to the point where he made an apology post and promised to not play the game again. Absolute lunacy.

That is… incredibly disappointing.

Fucking hell I don’t drink, but I need a strong one after this idiocy.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
So will atomic hear also be getting this boycott since russia is an aggressor nowadays ?!
or will suddenly digital foundry have a coverage week before release

Loxus

[/URL][/URL]
I don't blame him, he probably got death threats from how I see it base on how he worded some of him Twitter post.

That trans community is hypocrites, they more harm to people lives physically and mentally than JK can ever be.

I can't believe no one is calling them out for their hypocritical behavior.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I don't blame him, he probably got death threats from how I see it base on how he worded some of him Twitter post.

That trans community is hypocrites, they more harm to people lives physically and mentally than JK can ever be.

I can't believe no one is calling them out for their hypocritical behavior.
It’s what happens when the mainstream makes for protected classes collectivism. The extremists are allowed to operate unabated.

ratburger

Digital Foundry doesn't seem to be boycotting the game.

From DF Direct Weekly #98:

Warner Bros did not supply DF a code for the game prior to the game's release yesterday [Friday].

Rich: "But it's out now and ultimately our job is to comment and critique on game technology, performance, and presentation in a way that's useful to our audience. So when we get the game, we'll assess it, and figure out how we want to cover it when we've actually seen it, of course. Does covering the game actually mean that we're endorsing the creator in any way? I mean that's fairly obvious: no. But at the same time, as a journalist, I'm not on board with the idea that a critique of a game is an advert or an endorsement for a game and therefore we shouldn't cover it at all. That doesn't seem right to me. That's not what editorial is fundamentally and it's not the reason why we do what we do."

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I used to be indifferent to Harry Potter, today I bought Hogwarts Legacy, the 8 movie collection and a Hermione outfit for my daughter. You’re welcome JK Rowling.
It’s crazy the opposite effect this very vocal minority is doing on otherwise uninterested (in the IP) people. I couldn’t care less about HP either, although the Universal Studios attraction is fantastic, but now I too want to play the game and have much, much more interest in the IP.

Last edited:

mansoor1980

Digital Foundry doesn't seem to be boycotting the game.

From DF Direct Weekly #98:

Warner Bros did not supply DF a code for the game prior to the game's release yesterday [Friday].

Rich: "But it's out now and ultimately our job is to comment and critique on game technology, performance, and presentation in a way that's useful to our audience. So when we get the game, we'll assess it, and figure out how we want to cover it when we've actually seen it, of course. Does covering the game actually mean that we're endorsing the creator in any way? I mean that's fairly obvious: no. But at the same time, as a journalist, I'm not on board with the idea that a critique of a game is an advert or an endorsement for a game and therefore we shouldn't cover it at all. That doesn't seem right to me. That's not what editorial is fundamentally and it's not the reason why we do what we do."
man just get a tech analysis on the game and stop the drama

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
But at the same time, as a journalist, I'm not on board with the idea that a critique of a game is an advert or an endorsement for a game and therefore we shouldn't cover it at all. That doesn't seem right to me. That's not what editorial is fundamentally and it's not the reason why we do what we do."
This part I can fully respect, and how it always should be.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
We are being punk'd guys.
This is all a grift.
They keep making a stink about it so we will keep talking about it.
So people keep hearing about it and get curious to buy the game.

No way this is real life.

Garibaldi

I can sort of see the reason behind his decision. I've not seen the comments on the video but it's no doubt filled with horrible hateful shite no one should have to read. Just like the steam discussions forum for the game at the moment. It's an absolute cesspit and he probably doesn't want to be responsible for inviting that sort of shite to be associated with his content or his community.

imsosleepy

I went true the comments on that apology post.. those people are sick in their heads for getting angry if someone plays this game lmao.

The game who has trans characters hahaha i cant anymore. They are the problem. Not jk rowling. They are fucking bullies

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
This is the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard.

“They paid my salary while I helped make the game, but spending my $60 on the final product? That’s where I draw the line!”

Such a brave personal sacrifice.

Last edited:

-Zelda-

Banned
I went true the comments on that apology post.. those people are sick in their heads for getting angry if someone plays this game lmao.

The game who has trans characters hahaha i cant anymore. They are the problem. Not jk rowling. They are fucking bullies
Gotta be honest, I am a little confused by that character. They are nice, and very helpful, but in a world of magic that can turn people into different things, isn't there something they could do about that voice and face? How does that character even have breasts? Maybe I do not know about about being trans, especially in the 1800's. Maybe someone smarter than me can explain it?

Cyberpunkd

I can sort of see the reason behind his decision. I've not seen the comments on the video but it's no doubt filled with horrible hateful shite no one should have to read. Just like the steam discussions forum for the game at the moment. It's an absolute cesspit and he probably doesn't want to be responsible for inviting that sort of shite to be associated with his content or his community.
Don’t fall for it. It’s his livelihood that is at stake - he can always find a new game but he depends on the lunatics in order to earn money.
You can bet all streamers saying they will not stream the game will still be playing it themselves.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb

The absolute worst thing you can do is try to demonstrate to these people that you aren’t a bigot. Once you do that it’s like they taste the blood in the water and go into a frenzy.

Now they know they get to put you on trial and get a sick pleasure watching you grovel and beg for their approval. These people are fucked in the head.

Cyberpunkd

Gotta be honest, I am a little confused by that character. They are nice, and very helpful, but in a world of magic that can turn people into different things, isn't there something they could do about that voice and face? How does that character even have breasts? Maybe I do not know about about being trans, especially in the 1800's. Maybe someone smarter than me can explain it?
How do you explain someone identifying as trans where in fact they identify as either a man or a woman? Which one is it?
Looks like the character is just as confused as people in real life.

IDappa

Looks like the transgender quest line didn't help the devs dodge the outrage (like the outrage matters anyway). The story for that quest line is the definition of virtue signalling and was rather cringe. Atleast that's the only far left bullshit I've seen in this game so far. Which is good because the game overall is awesome. Haven't gotten into a game like this since Red dead 2.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

Total cowardly extreme introverted losers found a way to be a bully in the virtual space of society. Then cry they’re oppressed when they have the push and backing of every major corporation, media, political spectrums, etc etc

Honk honk.

Last edited:
Looks like the transgender quest line didn't help the devs dodge the outrage (like the outrage matters anyway). The story for that quest line is the definition of virtue signalling and was rather cringe. Atleast that's the only far left bullshit I've seen in this game so far. Which is good because the game overall is awesome. Haven't gotten into a game like this since Red dead 2.
Can you ignore this quest ?

JusticeForAll

Gold Member
The transgender character is ridiculous. In a world where magic can literally make people invisible or make them look like a rat or whatever, there surely are better ways to appear female as a man. When he said "Took them a second to realize I was actually a witch, not a wizard." I actually laughed out loud at how out of place and ridiculous it was. It didn't even buy them any goodwill with the purplehairs either.

The being said, the game is great.

Top Bottom