• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WIRED has given Hogwarts Legacy a 1/10 review score

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
They could release 100 reviews like this and it wouldn't matter.

Hogwarts is already an enormous hit.
Yeah, it's pissing into the wind at this point. The game doesn't need you to vote with your dollars or protest. So who really cares?

Davevil

giphy.gif

eye__writ

Banned
Work will set you free, it was the exact sign Nazis put in the Auschwitz concentration camp so I this one has me scratching my head a bit what was the intention. It's an obvious reference to Auschwitz, not sure how that fits with Harry Potter lore since I'm not into that shit anyway, but weird reference regardless

It's not actually in the game. That screenshot was a photoshop for giggles.

Gtafans93

Got the game yesterday. Literally spent hours just roaming and collecting and leveling up. No open world game has done that to me since the witcher/Red dead 2. games amazing. Journalist should get fired as they not even doing there job critically to the game just to there idiotic perceptions.

SCB3

What the actual fuck is this? If you wish for better eyesight for someone or give them the tools to fix it, you're an ableist asshole now? JFC.
Dude, I want to be able to augment my eyes Deus Ex style, gimme me fucking ability to Zoom in already!

Boss Mog

Imagine being so mentally ill that you actually believe this nonsense about "buying this game is directly causing a trans genocide (whatever that is :pie_eyeroll:)".

Umbasaborne

Banned
This was unprofessional, if you as an outlet dont want to cover it then dont. Thats your porogative, but dont give it an unfairly harsh review that shits on the devs hard work because your trying to make a policial statement. This was wildly unprofessional

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Either write an honest review, or don’t do one at all.

Writing a false review purely because of politics is the same mentality as banning scientific books because you’re a religious extremist.

Truly pathetic… and quite dangerous, really.

Last edited:

mdkirby

I would unfollow that person...There is a militancy to this movement that really makes it hard to find a common ground.
It’s my wife’s friend, I don’t know them, she’s too nice to unfollow them 🤣…me tho, I very rarely unfollow people, it’s important imo to not build echo chambers and be exposed to a wide range of view points. I only unfollow of stealth unfollow people if they post CONSTANTALY about something I dislike. If someone was being constantly racist, or constantly posting stuff from PETA, etc then yeah I just wouldn’t want my feed always filled with such unpleasantness.

Goon_Bong

Wired has been sliding into gaming review activism for some time. The God of War 2018 ‘toxic masculinity’ review comes to mind. That was when the publication started to circle the bowl to me.

I love watching this shit. These people don't even hide their true nature anymore thankfully.

They claim to be inclusive but in reality they are just miserable people that want attention and are jealous of other people that enjoy their lives.

Which is the main reason they mutilate their own genitals.

SaucyJack

Work will set you free, it was the exact sign Nazis put in the Auschwitz concentration camp so I this one has me scratching my head a bit what was the intention. It's an obvious reference to Auschwitz, not sure how that fits with Harry Potter lore since I'm not into that shit anyway, but weird reference regardless

im assuming it’s some kind of reductio ad hitlerum meme attempt.

ShivinN

Gold Member
It’s my wife’s friend, I don’t know them, she’s too nice to unfollow them 🤣…me tho, I very rarely unfollow people, it’s important imo to not build echo chambers and be exposed to a wide range of view points. I only unfollow of stealth unfollow people if they post CONSTANTALY about something I dislike. If someone was being constantly racist, or constantly posting stuff from PETA, etc then yeah I just wouldn’t want my feed always filled with such unpleasantness.
Personally it's the whole "If you're not onboard with what I am saying then you can unfriend me" statement that gets me....just makes me want to call them on it and say bye. I have many people I follow and interact with whom I disagree. I am good with debate and exchange of ideas, but when someone insinuates I'm not worthy of friendship or interaction if I do not wholeheartedly buy into what they're selling...that's when I pull the ripcord. I'm sure that person is nice, but would a thoughtful nice person say something that makes you feel like you have to walk on eggshells in your interactions with them. Just my 2 cents...which isn't worth a whole lot. :messenger_tongue:

lukilladog

who-who-dat.gif

Ps.- Honestly I don't what "wired" is, some site on the internet?. Don't tell me, I´ll remain ignorant :p

Last edited:

Teletraan1

Banned
This has inspired me to become a games journalist. If people can get paid to do this, I should able to for actually focusing on the games themselves....you know, doing the job correctly?
You would have to go undercover and write complete shit to even get hired. The people complaining about gatekeeping all the time moved into HR as move 1. They will only hire their comrades from here on out.

kiphalfton

It's messed up when you realize there's people literally not wanting to provide reviews of the game or voice their opinion, as they're fearful of retaliation from the retard lynch mob.

That ain't right.

93xfan

Banned
the game is fun as fuck

its one of the most polished 3rd party releases in years

the combat is fun

exploring the world is fun

everything seems to be a living breathing world

idk who TF this game hurts.
It hurts children who want to have less bone density, be sterile, in some cases stop puberty from ever restarting, and children who want other lifelong regrets. it also stops them from getting on a path where they are addicted to cross-sex hormones, much more likely to attempt suicide, and easily manipulated and controllable by a certain political party that did this to them.

It also desperately hurts clinics that make a ton of money off of them.

simpatico

This game is going to have a big effect on these people. Even mainstream subreddits are downvoting Potter dissent en masse, when they usually skew in their direction. It's really putting the gender-left on an island. It's like a perfect matrix too. A beloved series that might have actually started them on the path to where they are. They grew up with it over the course of a decade. A creator who abandoned them and now being largely abandoned by lefts who aren't of the gender persuasion. The tantrum is probably going to have a big effect on that demographic too and the way they look at the gender hobbyists. For them to have found out that the game itself is very good is just intensifying every aspect of it. Like a flat +10 buff to all effects. Abstaining from playing a terrific example of their favorite hobby, and going to far as to ban even mentioning it in passing, will surely further entrench their positions as gender hobbyists. How that plays with the regular left finally giving them a side eye remains to be seen. But I have a feeling it will be glorious.

It's an amazing shitshow to watch unfold and I haven't even bought the game yet. What a treat from WB. I guarantee hundreds of therapists all across the country have heard A LOT about Hogwarts Legacy this month.

Last edited:
Top Bottom