• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WIRED has given Hogwarts Legacy a 1/10 review score

Raven117

The 'anti-semetic trope' I don't get, but I'll be damn if I'll click that link and read that garbage.

If they had any integrity, they simply wouldn't given it a review.
That’s the thing….. they see racism everywhere because they are the racists. They just package it up as they are “identifying it” and maybe are “sorry for it.”

As always, it comes down to something like this:

Cyberpunkd

Dean Winchester Reaction GIF

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Ironically the game is actually really politically correct, with a trans character and a large cast of ethnic minorities. It’s also clearly been put together with a huge amount of hard work, care and passion, something these nutcases wouldn't know anything about.

The best thing people can do to fight this woke cancel culture that is a cancer in our society is to buy the game and enjoy it.
It's never good enough as they eat their own tail.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
I hope they do include this on OpenCritic/Metacritic. I hope it’s the lowest score on the site, and tons of people click it to see what it’s all about.

Nobody is looking at this review and thinking “well if Wired says it’s 1/10 it must be bad”. Lots of people are thinking “what a bunch of fucking lunatics”.

I canceled my Wired sub over the summer after subscribing for years. Such a joke of a publication. It’s like 50% barely-disguised advertisements, 40% lifestyle/identity/woke stuff, 10% interesting tech-related articles that I actually enjoy reading.

They’re insanely lucky they even survived this long. Articles like this are just accelerating their decline into irrelevance

ACESHIGH

Banned
As a lowly foreigner in this mostly American forum please enlighten me: what the hell happens inside all those west coast college campuses? All these amazing ideologies that added unprecedented value to mankind over the past 10 or so years started there right?

Last edited:

Chozoldman

Banned
As a lowly foreigner in this mostly American forum please enlighten me: what the hell happens inside all those west coast college campuses? All these amazing ideologies that added unprecedented value to mankind over the past 10 or so years started there right?
happy bart simpson GIF

aries_71

Drugs?

Woggleman

I remember back in the day when Harry Potter books were really big some on the religious right claimed they promoted devil worship and we as a society rightfully told them where to stick it. This crowd should be treated the same way since they are cut from the same cloth in many ways.

dave_d

Yeah their advocacy is bullshit and only thing it will create is possible next gamer gate or something like that. After all that"wokescold 4chan" is fully of PR people from companies and exec, so sorry if I am getting little bit conspirational...

But given the war twittering which I am doing since feb 22, I see a lot and currently I see a lot of small account of people who simply wants to exists, getting scared, what this outrage do to them. And that's fucked up.
Oh taking a media sabbatical? I've been doing that and have been trying to avoid a lot of this. (I don't plan on going back to sites like twitter, facebook, et al until April 1.) Definitely recommend it. People should try it since I think it's good for your mental health to break the cycle of stupidity. Anyway it's given more time to play games out of my backlog and watch DVD/Blurays out of my backlog.

ShadowNate

This is hilarious actually, in light of how the game is actually doing and how much of a product of love it seems to be.

So more of this please. I need the laughs.

Chozoldman

Banned
This is the person they let review the wizard game?

They look like they belong on a list and banned from playgrounds.
Is anyone surprised that this human's main job on the site is to shove stuff up their ass and then review it? It's almost like their entire persona is built around what they like to fuck or get fucked by...feel like there is a pattern here.

Last edited:

mdkirby

Sadly I fear this whole toxic saga could stand to do some serious damage to the trans community. I’d like to think the hate being directed to the game and those who play is just coming from an extreme and vocal minority and not the broader LGBTQ community, but regardless they are increasingly alienating a huge number of people. Given games are more popular than film and music combined, and this could well be the biggest game of the year.

There’s a non binary girl in my wife’s pole/hoop class who has posted on her socials that if any of her friends play it they should just unfollow her. My wife is scared of posting that she’s playing and loving the game, it’s the first game she’s been excited by in years, and grew up loving Harry Potter.

As this gains more traction, and the level of venom and toxicity increases it could turn a lot of people against the trans community. Given Donald trumps main new platform he’s running on for the next election seems to be focussed around “woke gender identity politics”, promising to codify in law that there’s only two genders, I can’t imagine it’ll be long until the right wing press start going wild with these stories and using it to drive votes. The last election was actually very close (just 20,000 ish votes in the right places would have flipped the electoral college). They don’t need too many people to start to feel alienated and bitter, and then receptive to their messaging to tilt the outcome. This won’t do it alone, but it certainly will not be helping. It’s all extremely damaging and self destructive.

For a game that goes out of its way to ensure inclusivity and diversity, it’s a real shame.

tommolb

I just checked it's twitter and some of the shit the LGBTQ+-&_£#@/)(?!; community are saying about people buying/streaming this game is ridiculous.....

Fuck me these crazies are absolutely fucked up beyond saving, All this outrage over a game 🤣🤣🤣
Can we reword this please to "some of the shit some of the LGBTQ+-&_£#@/)(?!; community are saying..." ? Not all folks in the LGBTQ+ community have stupid views on JK Rowling or this game. :)

ShivinN

Gold Member
Sadly I fear this whole toxic saga could stand to do some serious damage to the trans community. I’d like to think the hate being directed to the game and those who play is just coming from an extreme and vocal minority and not the broader LGBTQ community, but regardless they are increasingly alienating a huge number of people. Given games are more popular than film and music combined, and this could well be the biggest game of the year.

There’s a non binary girl in my wife’s pole/hoop class who has posted on her socials that if any of her friends play it they should just unfollow her. My wife is scared of posting that she’s playing and loving the game, it’s the first game she’s been excited by in years, and grew up loving Harry Potter.

As this gains more traction, and the level of venom and toxicity increases it could turn a lot of people against the trans community. Given Donald trumps main new platform he’s running on for the next election seems to be focussed around “woke gender identity politics”, promising to codify in law that there’s only two genders, I can’t imagine it’ll be long until the right wing press start going wild with these stories and using it to drive votes. The last election was actually very close (just 20,000 ish votes in the right places would have flipped the electoral college). They don’t need too many people to start to feel alienated and bitter, and then receptive to their messaging to tilt the outcome. This won’t do it alone, but it certainly will not be helping. It’s all extremely damaging and self destructive.

For a game that goes out of its way to ensure inclusivity and diversity, it’s a real shame.
I would unfollow that person...There is a militancy to this movement that really makes it hard to find a common ground.

SaucyJack

I hope they do include this on OpenCritic/Metacritic. I hope it’s the lowest score on the site, and tons of people click it to see what it’s all about.

Nobody is looking at this review and thinking “well if Wired says it’s 1/10 it must be bad”. Lots of people are thinking “what a bunch of fucking lunatics”.

I canceled my Wired sub over the summer after subscribing for years. Such a joke of a publication. It’s like 50% barely-disguised advertisements, 40% lifestyle/identity/woke stuff, 10% interesting tech-related articles that I actually enjoy reading.

They’re insanely lucky they even survived this long. Articles like this are just accelerating their decline into irrelevance

I cancelled my Wired sub quite a few years ago now.

Their decline from an indispensable and insightful publication to complete trash is only matched by The Economist.

Viz108

Neo Member
Well, I guess we know Wired doesn't get paid off for reviews at least. Doesn't mean they practice any form of journalistic integrity, but at least now we know they do it for free.

Ok I'm intrigued what does the sign say, mean please?
Work will set you free, it was the exact sign Nazis put in the Auschwitz concentration camp so I this one has me scratching my head a bit what was the intention. It's an obvious reference to Auschwitz, not sure how that fits with Harry Potter lore since I'm not into that shit anyway, but weird reference regardless

Top Bottom