• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

With PSVR2 right around the corner, what's the PSVR1 game you want patched?

DryvBy

I'm stoked for a better VR experience and while I'm happy with RE8 and GT7, the one game that probably won't be announced for PSVR2 because a rival company owns them is Skyrim VR. This was one of my favorite flat screen to VR conversions outside of NMS. I actually liked Skyrim VR more and it was the first time since buying that original PC copy that I wanted to finish but the PSVR's tracking is trash. And the movement sucks since it's not a stick movement.

What's the one game you loved but would be better on PSVR2?

Polybius is still one of the best. It was decent on PSVR, but having sampled it on a Reverb G2 since, the higher res of PSVR2 would certainly help.

Kuranghi

I def want to buy a PSVR2 now because GT7 sounds so cool, I can't wait to get my dad in the cockpit of his favourite cars, might have to buy a steering wheel (with manual shift paddles) and pedals just for him though because he'll not be able to use a controller thumbstick to steer, rip wallet 🤦‍♂️ any recommendations of the price I should be paying which will be a cool experience when paired with PSVR2 but not going silly, like can I get a set for under £200 and it not feel shit?

I'm personally buying it more for various RE VRs, the adventure games like Moss 2 and (hope to Gaben) Alyx.

R6Rider

Gold Member
, I can't wait to get my dad in the cockpit of his favourite cars
I'm planning to do the same! I have a whole wheel setup that I plan to fold up and bring with me for the next visit. Gotta start him off with auto transmission and a slow car though haha.

Kuranghi

Sniper Elite VR
Astrobot Rescue Mission
Star Wars Squadrons
Ace Combat 7 (but preferably just have AC8 have full VR support)
Hitman VR
Resident Evil 7

Oooo yeah, I would absolutely go nuts for all of AC8 in VR, AC7 is the only one I've played and I completely adored so many aspects of it, graphics, sound, music, voice acting, the scenario(s). It would be cool if you could do the replays but still look around freely!

fart town usa

Gold Member
Astrobot: Rescue Mission.

That game is so damn charming. It needs to have as big an audience as possible. An absolute gaming treat, just puts a smile on your face and plays incredibly well.

Kuranghi

I'm planning to do the same! I have a whole wheel setup that I plan to fold up and bring with me for the next visit. Gotta start him off with auto transmission and a slow car though haha.

My dad is nearly 75 so I think manual might make more sense to him but who knows, he still moves at speed though (in a car lol) so I may jump him straight to the AC Cobra, actually I don't even know if thats in the game ... googling brings up a Shelby Cobra, thats the same thing more or less right?

fart town usa

Gold Member
Oooo yeah, I would absolutely go nuts for all of AC8 in VR, AC7 is the only one I've played and I completely adored so many aspects of it, graphics, sound, music, voice acting, the scenario(s). It would be cool if you could do the replays but still look around freely!
I have AC7 in PSVR but only played a tiny bit. It was on sale for cheap a while back. I should probably jump back into it, I've always heard good things about it.

R6Rider

Gold Member
I have AC7 in PSVR but only played a tiny bit. It was on sale for cheap a while back. I should probably jump back into it, I've always heard good things about it.
AC7 is an awesome game. I loved the missions and need to replay it sometime.

googling brings up a Shelby Cobra, thats the same thing more or less right?
Yeah, same thing for different markets. I actually bought it from the Legend Cars dealership last week mainly for the purpose of using it in VR.

Last edited:

aclar00

Surprisingly enough...

Box VR

I enjoyed it as a basic workout game. Unfortunately i stored away my PSVR 1 out of state in anticipation of PSVR2 and backwards compatibility.

Like others tough, i would enjoy a full on sequel with additional features, including backgrounds, songs, color customizations, sparring gym, speed bag, heavy bag, etc...

fart town usa

Gold Member
Slightly off-topic but does anyone know if shmups exist on PSVR? Was thinking about that the other night and seems like it could be insane with a bullet hell type game.

Kuranghi

Slightly off-topic but does anyone know if shmups exist on PSVR? Was thinking about that the other night and seems like it could be insane with a bullet hell type game.

Imagine it was from a cockpit perspective but the field of bullets was still 2D so you just saw big pink lines coming towards you, nightmare.

PanzerCute

Déraciné but with free movement. I loved that game, really unique.

And of course, all the ones mentioned above.

diffusionx

Gold Member
From what I understand it’s way more than a patch, they basically have to redesign games around the new hardware, some more than others, but it’s inexcusable that Sony is leaving Astro Bot stranded in last gen. That game along with Alyx is probably the best example of VR so far.

Ar¢tos

From what I understand it’s way more than a patch, they basically have to redesign games around the new hardware, some more than others, but it’s inexcusable that Sony is leaving Astro Bot stranded in last gen. That game along with Alyx is probably the best example of VR so far.
Has team Asobi confirmed that they are not doing an Astro Bot game for PSVR2? (or re-editing the first game to remove/replace the parts that require the Dualshock 4 light?)

fart town usa

Gold Member
Imagine it was from a cockpit perspective but the field of bullets was still 2D so you just saw big pink lines coming towards you, nightmare.
In Layer Section (Ray Force) you can target enemies below you with lasers but they scale upwards and once they're on your level, you gotta use your guns.

I was imagining the potential immersion with the layer mechanic in VR. Could be so awesome if done right. Got me curious if someone has tried to transition a 2D shmup to VR.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Damn, that's a bummer if it'll be forever locked to PSVR. Astrobot is Sony's best mascot right now and has so much potential, just needs a massive game available to a massive audience.

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
  • Iron Man
  • Astrobot
Both are fantastic games.

I also would love to replay Blood & Truth in higher fidelity. Makes you feel like James Bond / Ethan Hunt.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Sniper Elite VR
Astrobot Rescue Mission
Star Wars Squadrons
Ace Combat 7 (but preferably just have AC8 have full VR support)
Hitman VR
Resident Evil 7
So this is basically THE list.

Astrobot Rescue Mission is the only game I would rebuy. I'm just going to play all the PSVR1 games on my old PS4 Pro with my old PSVR1. I bought a bunch of them too.
I really , really REALLY wish all those games I bought would simply move over. :(
I won't be buying the PSVR2 but I will happily accept it as a gift. I've been hinting to my family that I want one.
My kids don't really care. They got their fill with the PSVR1 and are rather Meh on it. They don't like when they are not able to dual screen when they play.
Watching my Son play games is infuriating, He's on his phone as much as in the game. I keep wanting to yoink the controller from him when he's looking away.

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
Yeah, it's a shame. If you want a FPS one, do this:

Right on, that looks fun.

I've heard of that game before but never looked into it because I figured it was like the other Super Stardust games, overhead. Wasn't really into that but this looks cool.

Top Bottom