• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wkd BO 09•22-24•17 - Return of the Kingsman, IT floats down a spot, Ninjago blocked

kswiston

Anyone want to throw down their Blade Runner 2049 predictions now that we are a few days out and have a critical reception?

kswiston

Seems like most people are expecting numbers around Fury Road, which is around where I would put it as well. Presales are faster than Gravity and The Martian, but Gravity is sort of old for that comparison to still hold up, and Blade Runner has an established fanbase.

October is dead, so I can see Blade Runner legging a bit further than Fury Road.

Hopefully B-G-E is right again though. New monthly opening records are always fun.

I had Gravity pegged as a winner considering they were screening it way in advance, they knew it too

Them not doing many screenings for 2049 gives me pause

I am about to order my Thor tickets.

Never been to Imax, is it worth it?

No you'll hate it

kswiston

Depends if you have an actual IMAX screen or one of the smaller ones with the IMAX branding. Even if it is the latter, it's a bigger screen and very loud. Is Thor just showing in IMAX 3D? IMAX 2D is nice. I generally dislike 3D, though am often forced into it.

The premium format screens are the only ones that let you reserve seating in Cineplex theatres here in Canada, so most of my IMAX viewings are motivated by not wanting to spend an hour trying to get a good seat on opening weekend.

Slayven you should watch everything in the Dolby Atmos screen and make sure the pathways have those Red LEDs so you can see

Slayven

Depends if you have an actual IMAX screen or one of the smaller ones with the IMAX branding. Even if it is the latter, it's a bigger screen and very loud. Is Thor just showing in IMAX 3D? IMAX 2D is nice. I generally dislike 3D, though am often forced into it.

The premium format screens are the only ones that let you reserve seating in Cineplex theatres here in Canada, so most of my IMAX viewings are motivated by not wanting to spend an hour trying to get a good seat on opening weekend.
LOL the only reason i am considering the IMAX showing is because it is an hour earlier than standard. it sucks that Theaters don't open until noon around here. I would totally hit up a 7am showing.
Slayven you should watch everything in the Dolby Atmos screen and make sure the pathways have those Red LEDs so you can see

You should watch everything on a Game Gear TV Tuner

IMAX has started splitting their showtimes between 2D and 3D with 2D getting the better times, probably because in recent years they've lost some of their market share to other premium formats like RPX.

I'ma go from seeing nothing in August and Sept (reading the synopsis for Kingsman lost me entirely) to watchin' 2049 and The Mountain Between Us in the same weekend

Surtur in the biggest and loudest theater possible? Why wouldn’t you do it?
And just imagine if they somehow sneak in Beta Ray Bill!
I'ma go from seeing nothing in August and Sept (reading the synopsis for Kingsman lost me entirely) to watchin' 2049 and The Mountain Between Us in the same weekend
I’ve gone to more movies in the last three weeks then I did all summer. Thanks, MoviePass!

kswiston

Wait have I been tricked

Is it like one of those weird romance novel adaptations

TMBU_COVER.jpg

kswiston

I wonder if they will start showing more of the romance stuff in the tv spots. Because that trailer up on Rotten Tomatoes makes sure to sell the film as a survival pic.

kswiston

They almost got me because all I knew about the movie was the trailer I saw

BoxOffice-GAF saving lives up in here

I'm almost sad that we spoiled it now. You would have been in your seat all excited to see some sweet platonic survival action. Then

giphy.gif

EDIT: Wait, your images are off. Doakes-from-Dexter-Surprise-Motherfucker.gif

I'm almost sad that we spoiled it now. You would have been in your seat all excited to see some sweet platonic survival action. Then

giphy.gif

Man I would've been so confused, I'd probably go see it at the college theater too so there'd be lots of couples there

Edit: I STILL CLICK ON THE LINK, SWISS

It's also a christian story.

OH GOD I didn't dodge a bullet, I dodged a fuckin' missile

Slayven

Man I would've been so confused, I'd probably go see it at the college theater too so there'd be lots of couples there

Edit: I STILL CLICK ON THE LINK, SWISS

OH GOD I didn't dodge a bullet, I dodged a fuckin' missile

Too late Bronson Bump is in effect

#1 in Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Literature & Fiction > Romance > Contemporary
#1 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Christian > Romance > Contemporary
#2 in Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Literature & Fiction > Romance > Mystery & Suspense

Top Bottom