• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein: The New Order - May 20th, "Doom" beta access, new trailer

Looks pretty good and exciting too if you ask me, not sure about it being a day one buy though, it is FPS, so how long will the SP be ?!

DieH@rd

Banned
Aim Down -- damn, beaten.

Oh man, I'd kill Nazi scum until the end of time for the multiplayer component to be just like Enemy Territory. And I'm not even a multiplayer kind of guy.

You are not in luck here then... Ex-Chronicles of Riddick team is 100% committed to singleplayer. No coop and no MP.

You are not in luck here then... Ex-Chronicles of Riddick team is 100% committed to singleplayer. No coop and no MP.

DIE NAZI SCUM!

):

Well, as I said, I'm not really a multiplayer kind of guy (even though I loved ET back in the day), so I'll enjoy a great single player campaign. :D

Very true. Brink actually looks graphically and gameplay-wise better in its first preview, than it looked when it released.

I still have no idea how that happened.

Wasn't there an engine change from Unreal to id Tech 4 that also caused the delay in addition to the original dark graphic look?

That was a pretty great trailer. Really pumped for the game, but as I've said in the past, I am more than a little disappointed that it doesn't have an MP mode.

I guess the Doom 4 beta makes up for it a little, but it'll be hard to get over the lack of MP.

Respawn

Banned
I have this game preordered but damn that Doom 4 news was like a headshot. Bring it on.
Trailer was fucking fantastic to.

Nokterian

Also doom beta? Yeah well i don't have a good feeling about this since Carmack left ID Software it is nothing at this point. Not going to pre order it untill i can see some gameplay.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Cheerful reminder that Mick Gordon, composer of the recent Killer Instinct soundtrack, is behind the music in Wolfenstein: New Order.

Havoc2049

Haha...love the trailer..well done!

I've always loved the Wolfenstein games. Fingers crossed that this isn't too scripted. The secret areas, which have always been a staple in id games, is promising. If this is a hit, I would expect them to include multiplayer in future Wolfenstein releases.

therapist

Awesome for new doom.
Wolf looks great too
I am saddened on no mp for wolf, didnt know this.
Enemy territory was great , seems a shame to leave it out.

Meh well see how it is i guess.

Alienous

God damn. They should make the DOOM logo bigger.

I guess this is one way to light a fire under your team's collective ass.

That box art alone makes me want to get this. I was a fan of this game back in the early-mid 90s when i was in elementary and middle school. Awesome to see it coming back again. Let's just hope it doesn't suck, lol.

Was it
the intro with the castle, with Deathshead etc? And then the psychiatric hospital after?

Did you like it? :)

No,
it was a rappelling sequence that saw you infiltrate the castle, and then maze-like corridors that you could navigate (using a paper map that you had to consult).

I posted more thorough game play impressions that I got from the demo in another thread:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=98520536&postcount=43

I take back what I said about the health regen. It's got a system that's akin to the first Resistance. Half regen, half health pack sort of deal.

I really enjoyed what I played, and the demo left me wanting more. I really want this game to be good.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Has there been any media whatsoever for Doom?

Wat. OG Doom was iron sights locked. :)

We have a logo from 2008 when they first announced that it was "Doom" instead of "Doom 4".

doom_4_has_a_logo91ulh.jpg

This is probably no longer valid because they canned everything else associated with this version of the game.

Whompa

We have a logo from 2008 when they first announced that it was "Doom" instead of "Doom 4".

doom_4_has_a_logo91ulh.jpg

This is probably no longer valid because they canned everything else associated with this version of the game.

Bummer. Logo looks cool. Man this game has the potential to be one hell of a hot mess. Hope it's awesome tho.

Sorry. "Aim down sights". Some people call it iron sights I think.

I call them iron sights, although I don't really like them in games because I think they make combat a headshot-fest. That's one of the things I enjoy most about Halo's combat; no ADS makes things a bit more tactical. In my opinion.

Dawg

No,
it was a rappelling sequence that saw you infiltrate the castle, and then maze-like corridors that you could navigate (using a paper map that you had to consult).

I posted more thorough game play impressions that I got from the demo in another thread:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=98520536&postcount=43

I take back what I said about the health regen. It's got a system that's akin to the first Resistance. Half regen, half health pack sort of deal.

I really enjoyed what I played, and the demo left me wanting more. I really want this game to be good.

Ah wait, I think I remember that.
Did a plane crash while climbing the castle and then Nazi's pop up through windows and shoot you? The maze sounds VERY familiar as I got lost in the intro castle as well. I loved it.

And yes, the health system is 50% regen and 50% health packs. No idea if difficulty has an influence over it though. I liked the system.

Top Bottom