• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolverine Trailer [Leak]

Little Mac

Definitely looks like an alpha version of a Sony first party game. I’m remaining cautiously optimistic though.

Last edited:

Papa_Wisdom

Just me or anyone having a deja vu?

I must played this game before.
If your saying it looks uninspired and by the numbers you would be right.

There’s only so many times I can play the same type of game with a different skin.

I have no doubt this will sell well but personally I’m pretty sure I know what to expect from this and I’m not interested in the slightest.

Fake

If your saying it looks uninspired and by the numbers you would be right.

There’s only so many times I can play the same type of game with a different skin.

I have no doubt this will sell well but personally I’m pretty sure I know what to expect from this and I’m not interested in the slightest.

IDK, the combat looks very Deja Vu to me.

Can't say if is God of War or another game.

Papa_Wisdom

It looks very god of war like. Obviously Not exactly the same but I presume if you’ve played that then you will feel right at home here ( for better or worse depending on your taste)

Chuck Berry

Gold Member

To me it looks way more like Xmen Origins Wolverine than I expected, except that its way more zoomed in on the character.

Im with the bros that say it shouldve gone a more Ninja Gaiden character action game route. Super solid potential there.

SJRB

Gold Member
Pretty sure this is cobbled together from all the leaked footage from a couple of months ago. There's even bits from the pre-alpha concept trailer.

Aion002

I wonder if the gaming audience will collectively erase Godhand from memory as the game that started this TPS behind-the-back close-up camera angle for melee games, and instead just give that credit to Sony.

does-anyone-in-here-remember-god-hand-v0-8yy8pf41x8ic1.jpg
It's okay... People already pretend that games like Nightmare Creatures doesn't exist...

sendit

Yeah just like when you entered your parents room after having a nightmare.
But we all saw it so why pretending it's not the case ?
Plus I don't care i bitched on Indiana Jones trailer i can bitch on this one even if unofficial.
You just compared seeing your parents mutilate each others genitals to game development. Weird.

RickMasters

gameplay looks how I thought it would. Was a good design choice to set the game out in the woods and bring some stealth into it, because this could just as easily feel like a bit of a button masher in combat .

I like that it seems to have a darker more mature tone than Spider-Man as well.

I don’t think it’s gonna reinvent the Sony formula but I think it will be a sold one and done experience. Looking forward to it more after seeing the trailer.

Sony

Nintendo
Not liking the camera angle. I much prefer the DMC/ Ninja Gaiden style where you have a better overview of your surroundings. This is more like a fast pasted God of War...

DaGwaphics

I'm always a sucker for a good super hero game, and Insomniac is so good at the genre that I can't help but be interested. This looks cool.

I think including some of the forested areas could help differentiate the game from Spider-man. Though I know the last one of those featured a jungle in the trailers as well.

Last edited:
Idk, it looks good but at the same time, I just don’t know.
At least there is blood and dismemberment….. but for how long, will it get changed? Is this before or after Sweet Baby Jizz was shot all over it?

Is there any mention what the budget for this lol

Papa_Wisdom

Idk, it looks good but at the same time, I just don’t know.
At least there is blood and dismemberment….. but for how long, will it get changed? Is this before or after Sweet Baby Jizz was shot all over it?

Is there any mention what the budget for this lol
About three fiddy by the looks of it

/s

That "trailer" is either meant for an internal presentation or it's cobbled together from the other leaks. So we should be careful not to infer too much. And to be honest, I'm going to buy a Wolverine game no matter what its quality. But man, that is not promising. I don't really see the similarity to new God of War, but what I'd like is something more like old God of War (camera pulled back farther, quicker movement and attacks, more mobility and combos). And that isn't here right now. The other thing I don't like is the model for Wolverine. I'm old enough that 'my' Wolverine is the old Marc Silvestri art from the Larry Hama run (I would also accept classic Jim Lee!), and buddy, this "what if Hugh Jackman stopped exercising" ain't it.

Last edited:

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
That "trailer" is either meant for an internal presentation or it's cobbled together from the other leaks. So we should be careful not to infer too much. And to be honest, I'm going to buy a Wolverine game no matter what its quality. But man, that is not promising. I don't really see the similarity to new God of War, but what I'd like is something more like old God of War (camera pulled back farther, quicker movement and attacks, more mobility and combos). And that isn't here right now. The other thing I don't like is the model for Wolverine. I'm old enough that 'my' Wolverine is the old Marc Silvestri art from the Larry Hama run (I would also accept classic Jim Lee!), and buddy, this "what if Hugh Jackman stopped exercising" ain't it.

They needed to make him fat to appeal to modern audiences.

Top Bottom