• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Woman on meth burns down 3,500-year-old tree (G-A-F?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get this??? How can you miss spell something said?

Because the quote itself was likely contained in some sort of police report or press release. The reporter wouldn't be there when she actually said that. It would be probably noted in a police report and it was a typo. You are quoting the report itself, so you would put the [sic] in there if there was a typo in the report.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Someone snitched on her, really? I mean, what she did is fucked up, but the cops aren't going to do anything positive about the situation.

charsace

They should get life in prison. They burned down a world treasure. Being a douchebag and a crank head is an automatic 3 strikes in my book.

Riggs

Banned
God damn junkie. Listen I have more sympathy for drug users than most people, even if my opening sentence indicates otherwise. But burning down a tree that has been around for 3 millenniums because you had to make meth (probably 1 bottle method to boot, fucking amateurs) just piss's me off.

cmt-medium.jpg

Would.

I'm most surprised that a meth-head hasn't already hocked their cell phone and computer. She hasn't spiraled all the way down into Faces of Meth territory.

Meier

Orlando is meth central. I had the misfortune of living there last year. I wanted to check out The Senator while I was there, but alas, me and the bf had a fight. Shame I will never see the tree again.

Going by your avatar and the content of the post, I am assuming you're gay. It might be that it's big in the gay community there, but I've never heard of meth being an issue in Orlando in general. I lived there from birth and sporadically during college. My parents and still live there (50+ years) along with my 32-yr old brothers and none of them have ever mentioned it. I have a feeling it's pretty isolated or on par with any other big city. It is by no means some sort of epidemic.

Really sad story. I know they had reversed course on the arson story apparently but this is obviously even worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom