• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World Cup 2010 6/27: Germany Vs. England, Mexico vs. Argentina |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

faridmon

Dr Zhivago said:
Baines was dreadful in that friendly match before the World Cup started. Jagielka still doesn't seem to have recovered from that injury. Rodwell is a genuine prospect though
as long as he moves to a decent team.
Everton is as decent as you can get. GTFO!

and Baines was nervous, you can't fault him for that. That Capello dude is just scary.

btw, anyone following the capello Press conference?:lol

Feathers

faridmon said:
Everton is as decent as you can get. GTFO!

and Baines was nervous, you can't fault him for that. That Capello dude is just scary.

btw, anyone following the capello Press conference?:lol

Yep, though I don't like being made to wait. I've got to get my lunch going.

Great King Bowser

Property of Kaz Harai
faridmon said:
what do you mean? i don't see anything particulerly strange...

those are debatable, but sure, those two looked better than many English players on that pitch.

I think that's his point. What a strange clip to upload.

faridmon

Feathers said:
A quick google translate reveals the title as being "Oh no, help". I'm assuming its to do with the woman you can barely hear screaming :/
omg what is happening? I am cuious now o_O
Solid_Rain said:
Cappelo say's the players were tired and the premier league needs a winter break; Rooney definitely looked it.
major bollucks. Spanish and Italian players also had a long season. Might as well take on League 1 players if he doesn't want tired players.

Actually no that I think about, Italy are out and Spain haven't played yet :lol

Great King Bowser said:
I think that's his point. What a strange clip to upload.
sorry i am confused, what do you mean?

Feathers

faridmon said:
omg what is happening? I am cuious now o_O

Until we get J gaf up in here, we'll never know. Just looks like something totally random.

Capello with the quick exit :lol Thank fuck they didn't fire him yet, though that 2 week reflection thing doesn't fill me with confidence.

faridmon said:
major bollucks. Spanish and Italian players also had a long season. Might as well take on League 1 players if he doesn't want tired players.

Actually no that I think about, Italy are out and Spain haven't played yet :lol

I think it's partly true because the PL is probably the most physically demanding and have you noticed how Torres has looked pretty useless for Spain when he has played. But I agree that if the players were tired why was he playing pretty much the same team for every game through the tournament.

faridmon

Solid_Rain said:
I think it's partly true because the PL is probably the most physically demanding and have you noticed how Torres has looked pretty useless for Spain when he has played. But I agree that if the players were tired why was he playing pretty much the same team for every game through the tournament.
yeah, but every world cup and euros, England will be composed of players who played all season long. That won't be a long term excuse.

Torres is just becoming English now. He forgot the spanish play :lol poor lad.

skybaby said:
Man, that goal not being awarded is the biggest karmic revenge I've seen in football. And when playing Germany too!
*sigh* peopel have to stop with this Karma and revenge thing already. It was 54 years ago, it has to be forgotten.

Are we going to remember Germans as war villians now because of WW II? I hope i haven't offended Germans, by that comment.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Heinze is a lion... A LION!! RAAAWWWRR!!!
Im a day one Heinze supporter, everyone said that he sucked... then... BAM! He plays like a beast.

Also: Very well played Mexico, you were better than us in the second half.

faridmon

Fersis said:
Heinze is a lion... A LION!! RAAAWWWRR!!!
Im a day one Heinze supporter, everyone said that he sucked... then... BAM! He plays like a beast.

Also: Very well played Mexico, you were better than us in the second half.
although he is OK player, I hate his personality and he will, at least for me, be douche.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
I dont consider Heinze a douche. If Im celebrating a worldcup goal and the camera guy fucked up, well yes, I will also push the camera away (which is what he did, the camera doesnt have nerve endings you know)

faridmon

Raging Spaniard said:
I dont consider Heinze a douche. If Im celebrating a worldcup goal and the camera guy fucked up, well yes, I will also push the camera away (which is what he did, the camera doesnt have nerve endings you know)
not just this one, way before when he played for Man U and Real Madrid. I just didn't like his arrogance.

But again, you could say, arrogance is part of the game, but still....

rodvik

Killuminati said:
The next England manager?

2gvk5f6.jpg

Why not. At least he might get some of those hot chicks to defect and support England 8)

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
faridmon said:
Are we going to remember Germans as war villians now because of WW II? I hope i haven't offended Germans, by that comment.

well yeah, the english do that probably EVERY time there is some kind of sports thing. anyone got the foto of the 2 disappointed english fans dressed with war attire?

Acheteedo

Killuminati said:
The next England manager?

2gvk5f6.jpg

Hope so, Becks is great. If the (arguably) best coach in the world can't fix England's wealth of problems then you may as well go in the opposite direction and choose a pretty half-wit.

Fritz

Nachkebia said:
What headphones are those? :D

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

btw., I believe those belong to Boateng's mother and his sister is sitting next to her?

mokeyjoe

seanoff said:
Hey Poms,

why blame the manager? Is every England manager a fool? Capello has one of the best CVs in world football. Man has runs on the board.

surely now it's time to come to terms with the fact.

THE PLAYERS ARE THE PROBLEM.

not Capello, Erikson, Keegan or anyone else. The players are clearly NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

of this generation the only 2 who have proved themselves are

Beckham and Macmaman. both played for Real and were perfectly at home there. everyone else. cloggers

Well I'd also include Michael Owen (who also played for Real) in that list. He's one of the most prolific strikers England have ever had, and it's a real shame injury took him out of the running a few years back.

Gerrard, Lampard etc have all been massive in the premiership, but flopped at international level. It happens all the time when a big player moves to a major club with much fanfare, never really gets going and gets sold a year or two down the line. This is what's happened to Gerrard and co for England - they just don't fit into the team.

As an Englishman I'm rather glad that the score was what it was. A closer score would have covered up the problem and flattered a boring, jaded England team. There are some really promising young players coming through (the likes of Johnson, Young, Milner, Walcott etc) and they really need to be given their chance to bed themselves into a stable, confident, youthful new national squad. Look at how well that's working for Germany!

I don't agree with bouncing between managers either. But I think what England need is an innovative manager willing to develop a proper national team, rather than just pick out a player from every big club to keep the fans happy.

Stuart Pearce has been excellent at developing the U21 side. If Capello is willing to work to build a coherent, stable new look senior England squad, then I'm right behind that. If he's just going to blame 'tiredness' and keep picking Heskey and friends then I'd find it very difficult to support that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom