• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World Cup 2010 7/03: Argentina vs. Germany, Paraguay vs Spain |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

faridmon

neorej said:
Calm down, first we've got the semi's, the consolation-final and the Final of Titans this WC, then we've got a few weeks of rest, and then the preliminaries for Europa League and Champions League start.
crap, you make it feel much longer than it actually it is.
I am just depressed that Danmark was so shit and Norway is not even there

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
Raydeen said:
I watched the Germany game at a German BBQ wearing a German hat eating Currywurst and Weiners while flirting with a beautiful German girl. I kneel before my German footballing overlords! :D
That's our everyday life right there. It's how we roll.

Haunted

Raydeen said:
I watched the Germany game at a German BBQ wearing a German hat eating Currywurst and Weiners while flirting with a beautiful German girl. I kneel before my German footballing overlords! :D
A day in the life for us here.

edit: *high five* wmat

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
wmat said:
That's our everyday life right there. It's how we roll.

If Holland failed against Brazil I would be so behind you guys because I support this lifestyle EVERY damn time I go there.

Kozak

Banned
faridmon said:
*Sigh* another day without football, Can't wait for the league season to start, I am itching to see how different cubs fares after the WC.

come on, hurry up august.

Imagine if we had no world cup man. Waiting for Fenerbahce during off-season sucks balls.

Tence said:
Lol, these are Moluccans who live there not the ones in the Netherlands ;)
Van Bronckhorst does have to do with it, but they are actually relatively pro-holland in de eastern provinces of Indonesia (and we're a bit 'hated' in the western provinces haha)
yeah, i know. didn't think they'd carry our flag like that.

El-Suave

The octopus will decide Germany vs. Spain tomorrow, Tuesday 11am CET!
It may take a while tough, he likes to take it slow sometimes.

Chuckie

Always-honest said:
yeah, i know. didn't think they'd carry our flag like that.

Well I was also surprised by that to be honest. I know they love Tim Oranye in Indonesia, (although they also love Brasil, Argentina and Italy) but I am a bit flabbergasted by all the orange and Dutch flags. I didn't even know you could buy them there.... maybe Dutch-Moluccan relatives sent them over haha

El-Suave said:
He'll predict a Spain win because his usual success rate is 80%. He's now at 100%, so he must predict something wrong :D

Arjen

Blablurn said:
ok, fuck it. just bought the germans shirt, i hope it arrives before wednesday.

I wanna order an official jersey, but i'm afraid that if i wear anything else the next game i'm going to jinx it :lol

Enosh

Blablurn said:
ok, fuck it. just bought the germans shirt, i hope it arrives before wednesday.
hmm I'd like to get the black one, looks great, any idea where I can buy one? has to be a place that ships to all of the EU

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Tence said:
Well I was also surprised by that to be honest. I know they love Tim Oranye in Indonesia, (although they also love Brasil, Argentina and Italy) but I am a bit flabbergasted by all the orange and Dutch flags. I didn't even know you could buy them there.... maybe Dutch-Moluccan relatives sent them over haha

It's mostly because of vBronckhorst. Moluccans didn't give two shits about the Dutch national team untill Simon Tahamata played in the Orange shirt. And they would celebrate even if the Dutch lost, because "their" Tahamata was playing.

Arjen said:
I wanna order an official jersey, but i'm afraid that if i wear anything else the next game i'm going to jinx it :lol

Bought mine this weekend, buried it in my closet, out of sight, won't wear it untill july 12th

Chuckie

Arjen said:

Don't you dare jinx it! I have been wearing the same jersey all games now and I will keep doing that (I did wash it people, before you start accusing me of being a dirty bastard)

204f002-550.jpg

Arjen

Tence said:
Don't you dare jinx it! I have been wearing the same jersey all games now and I will keep doing that (I did wash it people, before you start accusing me of being a dirty bastard)

204f002-550.jpg

I washed mine before the cameroon game to make sure washing doesn't jinx it.
:lol

Blablurn

bought a brandnew bayern shirt before the world cup started. but it has robben on the back. so i was afraid to wear it amongst the germans around here :lol

Chuckie

Arjen said:
I washed mine before the cameroon game to make sure washing doesn't jinx it.
:lol

Lol, yeah mine stank the place up after the Japan game (hot weather + beer = sweatfest) and then my wife threw it in the washer... so appearantly washing it has no influence on the results.

Jasup

El-Suave said:
I imagine the octopus being kind of a godfather of molluscan world who, instead of predicting, dictates the results. The picking of the box is just a sign for his nautilus thugs to "make a social call" to the losing team's locker room and make a friendly warning about if they don't take proper "precautions" accidents involving gastropod biker gangs might happen even in their home area.

Octopus godfather Paul thus builds up a reputation of being an accurate psychic to the point his so called predictions start to influence the betting odds. And when his influence is at a high point he'll predict the winner of the match, but bets a large sum on the alledged loser and sends the nautiluses to visit the other team instead.

He's a cunning little brat.

Tence said:
How do you know? Or am I missing out on a joke or something?
no, it's serious. we are not playing "at home" so to say, but the "away" shirt is blue.
Playing against Uruguay, that would be a problem and they want to play in their blue "home" shirts.

so now we play 100% orange.

why the hell we can't play in our black trousers beats the hell out of me.
http://www.ad.nl/ad/nl/1045/WK-voet...ranje-primeur-voor-Oranje-tegen-Uruguay.dhtml

Het Nederlands elftal speelt dinsdagavond in Kaapstad tegen Uruguay helemaal in het oranje. Dat heeft de FIFA bepaald. Oranje speelt dan in oranje shirt, oranje, broek en oranje sokken. Het is voor het eerst dit WK dat Oranje compleet in het oranje speelt. Uruguay speelt in het traditionele lichtblauw-witte tenue.

Haunted

El-Suave said:
We definitely need a live-stream of that.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Always-honest said:
no, it's serious. we are not playing "at home" so to say, but the "away" shirt is blue.
Playing against Uruguay, that would be a problem and they want to play in their blue "home" shirts.

so now we play 100% orange.

why the hell we can't play in our black trousers beats the hell out of me.

Uruguay has black trousers, so Holland can't play in black trousers as well.
who in god's green earth ever identifies a teammate by the color of their trousers seriously puzzles me

neorej said:
Uruguay has black trousers, so Holland can't play in black trousers as well.
who in god's green earth ever identifies a teammate by the color of their trousers seriously puzzles me
i know, but the orange will be somewhat different from light blue :p
edit: just read your spoiler:p

At German GAF:

Is there any place I can get the best German shirt for less than 90€? That's pretty heavy :(

I'll probably buy it regardless when Müller scores in the final but that's still bothering me.

Milchmonster said:
At German GAF:

Is there any place I can get the best German shirt for less than 90€? That's pretty heavy :(

I'll probably buy it regardless when Müller scores in the final but that's still bothering me.

I get 30% off at my local sports store. :D
After Müller shot us to infinity I'll get mine.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
Always-honest said:
although i believe women can compete in almost every sport, they REALLY suck ass in soccer.

Me and ten of my friends (who never played for a soccer team) could easily beat the world champion in women soccer.

seriously.. it's horrible to look at because they are so bad.

Ofcourse there ARE some women with a bit of more talent ad could even play in a mens team, but thee isn't a female soccer team that really shines as a whole.

Actually women are better at soccer than men; there was a match against the top german women's football team and the men's. The women beat the men really really bad.

Chuckie

Des0lar said:
Actually women are better at soccer than men; there was a match against the top german women's football team and the men's. The women beat the men really really bad.

I really need a source for that.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
need to bet on the NL Uruguay game.

regular time or just NL to qualify is my only question..... Also, who's gonna score for NL?

Wessiej

Des0lar said:
I saw the final of the Euro Cup <17 years and I almost cried from laughing.

Pezking

Des0lar said:

:lol :lol :lol

That's not true at all!

In 2003, the german women's football team lost to the male B-Jugend (age 15-17) of VfB Stuttgart 0:3.

It's really no contest. Women look very awkward while playing football (which is not the case in most other team sports), and they have no chance against a male team.

Stridone

Banned
catfish said:
need to bet on the NL Uruguay game.

regular time or just NL to qualify is my only question..... Also, who's gonna score for NL?

Regular time. NL to qualify isn't even worth it anyway, shitty odd.

xbhaskarx

Pezking said:
Women look very awkward while playing football (which is not the case in most other team sports)

Uhh, obviously you have never watched the WNBA, or women attempting to play baseball or American football.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
and glad I bet before reading opinions.

I've got Sneijder first goal
NL to win in regular

also did a tenner on both Germany and NL to win in regular time, it's paying 3.70 combination and it's in line with my dream final :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom