• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World Cup 2010 Group Draw Thread of Bitter Rivalries, Ball Fixing and Groups of Death

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Calidor said:
Can't wait for Argentina - Mexico, so we can eliminate them AGAIN :lol :lol :lol
SHOTS FIRED!

Nice to see another Argentinean Gaffer :D

Azuran

Banned
Mexico
France

Argentina
Nigeria

England
USA

Germany
Serbia

Netherlands
Denmark

Italy
Paraguay

Brazil
Cote d'Ivoire

Spain
Chile

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
ok guys

pause

6qljb9.jpg

wi6ivs.jpg

11949qs.jpg

9bherq.jpg

ok Go on

BowieZ

Banned
Fuck all you people predicting Germany + Serbia or Ghana.

Just you watch. Australia will be first in its group.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Hey, Argentina, how about a temporary change? We lend you Bielsa and you lend us Messi :lol

Oozer3993

Love the draw for the US. A good tough game against England to get them going then 2 teams we can beat. I don't like the possibility of Germany looming though. Gotta get a result against England. But man that first game is going to be a blast! :D

feel

Gary Whitta said:
okay let's predict the second round
uruguay
france

angentina
nigeria

england
slovenia

ghana
serbia

netherlands
denmark

italy
paraguay

brazil
portugal (I hope)

spain
switzerland

bernardobri said:
My predictions

France
Mexico

I think itll be South Africa and Mexico.

Mexico will lose to SA in first game, because its the first game, and mexicans always fail against africans (see CWC)

Mexico will beat France because france sucks.

South Africa will beat France because france sucks

Uruguay will tie every one.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
bernardobri said:
Hey, Argentina, how about a temporary change? We lend you Bielsa and you lend us Messi :lol
No thanks man, we all know how well he does on world cups.
No gracias, ya sabemos como le va a Bielsa en los mundiales :(

spons

Gold Member
Couldn't be any easier for our Dutch team than this. Smooth sailing, at least through this phase :lol

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
BowieZ said:

Yeaahhhh... no.

Germany are a world class team. The best team in Europe if you consider history and trophies.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Fersis said:
No thanks man, we all know how well he does on world cups.
No gracias, ya sabemos como le va a Bielsa en los mundiales :(

Okay okay, Mago Valdivia for Messi and we're equal, okay? :lol

(Besides, Bielsa is on fire man, screw you. You know, I take that back. I'm also gay for Ted :lol )

adama-rama

Neo Member
Germany
Australia
Ghana
Serbia

Well fuck. We're not gonna beat Germany, so best we can hope for is second.

We can beat Ghana and Serbia, but it won't be pretty...

Screw this group.

Fersis

bernardobri said:
Okay okay, Mago Valdivia for Messi and we're equal, okay? :lol

(Besides, Bielsa is on fire man, screw you. You know, I take that back. I'm also gay for Ted :lol )
Yeah Bielsa is a great coach. He had very bad luck (And some stupid choices on Japan-Corea)

Poor Ivory Coast, got fucked 2006 and yet again. I hope they go through, just to see Brazil or Portugal fail.

German group is okay, could have been easier, though. Ghana is pretty good as are Australia and Serbia...

Gary Whitta said:
okay let's predict the second round

France
Uruguay

Argentina
Greece

England
Slovenia

Germany
Serbia

Netherlands
Denmark

Italy
Paraguay

Brazil
Côte d'Ivoire

Spain
Chile (really under rated national team imo)

faridmon said:
not a single Scandinavian team.
crap, this world cup will suck.
:(

:lol

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
mYm|17| said:
US is in an easy group. I expect them to make it to the round of 16
yeah, the only real question mark for me is whether they could shock england or at least get a draw to avoid germany in the next round. even more unlikely in the first match but hey you have to face good teams out of the group stage regardless. just a historic day for us soccer all around.

Milchmonster said:
Poor Ivory Coast, got fucked 2006 and yet again. I hope they go through, just to see Brazil or Portugal fail
Nothing would make me happier than to see Portugal knocked out in the first round just to see more of Ronaldo's salty tears, this time in high definition!

smurfx

get some go again
DM_Uselink said:
Or how much the refs help S. Africa ;)
yeah i'm afraid of the home team advantage. mexico should win but we saw back in the 2002 world cup how many breaks the home teams got.

immy

Banned
Gary Whitta said:
Nothing would make me happier than to see Portugal knocked out in the first round just to see more of Ronaldo's salty tears, this time in high definition!

o yes :D

immy said:
US arn't nearly as good as they think they are.
All their players are second-rate and they've put in plenty of clownish performances in major competition but they can always be a surprise package, you just never know.

Having said that, I don't understand why the US commentators are relishing the fact England are in their group. It betrays either a basic understanding of football, or unwarranted arrogance, or both

Enosh

Us (slovenia) vs the USA?

I'll laugh at USgaf if we actualy win by an act of god

other than that
goooo Germany

BowieZ said:

Sorry, just had to add my LOLZ to this one. Only Australians are capable of this level of blinkered hubris. :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

immy

Banned
Gary Whitta said:
All their players are second-rate and they've put in plenty of clownish performances in major competition but they can always be a surprise package, you just never know.

Having said that, I don't underI don't understand why the US commentators are relishing the fact England are in their group. It betrays either a basic understanding of football, or unwarranted arrogance, or both

Yeah that does seem a bit weird, South Africa would be the obvious choice. I think USA could have done a job against Argentina as well.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Gary Whitta said:
Sorry, just had to add my LOLZ to this one. Only Australians are capable of this level of blinkered hubris. :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
Keep your English cock in your pants before it gets bitten off ;)

Group D is hard. 2nd place is up for grabs at the drop of a hat. Whoever wins in the Serbia v Ghana match will have a huge foot in the door, but if Australia grunt it out and hold Germany to a draw then we're in for some fireworks.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
immy said:
Yeah that does seem a bit weird, South Africa would be the obvious choice. I think USA could have done a job against Argentina as well.
On the ESPN gamecast thing or whatever online all their soccer writers and some US players were like OH SHIT WORST POSSIBLE DRAW FOR US. Then the next teams got slotted and they were much, much happier. At least on there there was a lot of respect for England. I'm guessing on TV they will play it up a lot more to get people interested in the match.

Gary Whitta said:

Having said that, I don't understand why the US commentators are relishing the fact England are in their group. It betrays either a basic understanding of football, or unwarranted arrogance, or both

I think we want one interesting game, but also a group that we can get out of. That's at least what I was hoping for, and thankfully, got it.

Plus, if we pull the upset, we get to start each conversation with, "So, did we beat you in the world cup? Wasn't able to see it myself." etc. etc. etc.

Calidor

My predictions:

Uruguay
Mexico

Argentina
Greece

US
England

Germany
Ghana

Holland
Cameroon

Italy
Paraguay

Brazil
Ivory Coast

Spain
Chile

feel

Gary Whitta said:
England-v-Portugal-001.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom