• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Worst looking sports team logos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh ummmm...hmmmm...

atlanta-braves-logo_1972-1986.gif
This looks like the main villian from The Road To El Dorado.

The thing is, with the Expos logo.

I see the M.

I see the e and the b, but it also looks like an 'l' between them. I don't like it.

It looks more like ELLO.

jstripes

Banned
Not technically a logo, but based on the logo of the owner's other business, I give you Kingsley, mascot for the Partick Thistle FC:

partick3.jpg

U WOT M8?

I see the M.

I see the e and the b, but it also looks like an 'l' between them. I don't like it.

It looks more like ELLO.
It's no use arguing about any logo from Quebec. It's like they design them weird just to piss everyone else off.

SYNTAX182

I see the M.

It looks more like ELLO.

I think the "e" is supposed to be on top of the circular part of the lower case "d" that makes it look like an "e" then an "l". Then the "b" on the right. So edb, an acronym for equipe de baseball. I think. =/

The logo designer had a great idea and excecuted it visually but failed at designing the logo and having it communicate what it is supposed to stand for. In that sense, I can see how it's a bad design.

Azuran

Banned
my least favourite are the generic, corporate, "clean" logos that seem to be taking over:

ayod4.png
'

gross

lmao I didn't even know they changed the logo. That looks horrible

The Craptors continue to be a complete joke and this says a lot in a city that's home to the Maple Leafs.

I think the "e" is supposed to be on top of the circular part of the lower case "d" that makes it look like an "e" then an "l". Then the "b" on the right. So edb, an acronym for equipe de baseball. I think. =/

The logo designer had a great idea and excecuted it visually but failed at designing the logo and having it communicate what it is supposed to stand for. In that sense, I can see how it's a bad design.

If it truly is Equipe de baseball, then I take back everything. It's awesome. I should have realized it could be French.

The Maple Leafs say that the name was chosen in honour of the Maple Leaf Regiment from World War I; however, the Toronto Maple Leafs baseball team had won the International League championship a few months earlier and had been using that name for 30 years. As the regiment is a proper noun, its plural is Maple Leafs (not Maple Leaves).

I'm a Leafs fan and did not know that. Interesting.

There's no way their logo is one of the worst, though.

The 'new' Ducks one and the 96-97 Islanders, yes.

I always had a disdain for this logo, like where in the wild can you find blue lion. His is just sad and blue pussycat...

large.png

I think they should do a new rendition of this one.
8393179559_b2b0452cb4_c-300x300.jpg

Here's the thing about this Tigers logo that has me going "the fuck happened here?"

Look at the lettering. Like, it's a simple circle. How hard is it to keep the lettering sorta/kinda uniform? You just basically need a ruler, right? At most? Even without a ruler, you should be able to hand letter the words "Detroit" and "Tigers" with some kinda uniformity, right?

That shit looks like when the middle school cheerleaders tried to make rally signs and forgot how much room they didn't have left so the letters suddenly get thinner and taller the further right they go.

What the hell was going on here

Shoulda seen the uniforms they were sewed to.

Devil

Almost every logo of an american sports team looks weird to me. Too flashy. Too many plain pictures with text instead of symbols/shapes.

rambis

Banned
eVTgSSi.gif

What the hell was going on here
Tetris and a good bit of LSD.

Edit: my contribution
Alabama Crimson Tide
7286.gif

I think this is the most offensive one but really any of there logos with the elephant can go here. Like what the fuck were they going?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom