• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Would you ever fashionably wear a cape?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As in, for daily life, outside of cosplay, sex stuff, and Halloween?

cape-paris.jpg

main-qimg-9902856534d133faa0dbb49854515fbe

main-qimg-b06d802a4c3ef2508fb617c3bf1fb36c

Do you believe you could pull a cape off?

royalan

Well, capes for women never really went out of style. They've always been in fashion in one form or another.

But for men. As long as they're modern and I have a reason to dress lavishly? Heck yeah. This guy's cape is especially hot:

Now that's style.

But that "one step above cosplay" old-fashioned cape on top of some blue jeans shit? Naah.

VARIA

Oh man, just imagine how easy it would be to mug some dumbass in a cape. Wrap that shit around his head, give him a punch or two to the face and snatch their wallet.

Sorry, just rewatched A Clockwork Orange; there's violence in the air.

Well, capes for women never really went out of style. They've always been in fashion in one form or another.

But for men. As long as they're modern and I have a reason to dress lavishly? Heck yeah. This guy's cape is especially hot:

Now that's style.

But that "one step above cosplay" old-fashioned cape on top of some blue jeans shit? Naah.
The only reason it looks okay is because at first glance it resembles a long jackwt worn over the shoulders. In other words it succeeds in its un-capeyness. He looks like a dracula tho.

I encountered a man wearing a cape while walking alone one evening, and I was so overwhelmed that I actually paused in my stride, mouth agape.

He was a large man but crossed the street in a manner which I could only describe as nimble, or spry. And though he never directly acknowledged me as he passed, the slightest hint of a smile forming at the corners of his lips indicated that he was aware of the attention and that it pleased him.

Total neckbeard, yeah.

Shandy

I wear blanket cloaks around the house when it's cold. I'm not sure I'd ever wear an actual cape or cloak in public, though. Not really my style.

Maybe if I had a sweet suit to go with it.

This dude looks pretty good in a cape, it can be done.

blankspace11-1415666403.gif
He looks good because he looks rich as fuck and is standing in front of a chateau. He looks like a fucking dracula is what he looks like. You'd laugh at this coming down the street.

#CAPESNO

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
It would need to be one of those Game of Thrones capes made out of Bear pelt and lions fur from its mane.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Passed a guy today - probably 25 or so - dressed in cream satin and silk head to toe. Pants, shirt, and jacket, a white cape, and white boots. He was rocking of all it, not gonna lie.

He also had a man-bun, and that made him a shithead.

royalan

The only reason it looks okay is because at first glance it resembles a long jackwt worn over the shoulders. In other words it succeeds in its un-capeyness. He looks like a dracula tho.

That's the point. lol

It's got the length and drape of a classic cape, ever so slightly modernized. If I were to ever wear a cape, that would be the style.

yes

i still wait for this to pop up on ebay. any day now.

Hmmm...that's hot.

No. Never.

But damn, some of the pictures in this thread of attractive people in capes make it work. But attractive people can wear anything and make it work so... :V

GorillaJu

I used to wear one of these Juun J trench capes about 5 years ago.

Lasted about two winters before the trend completely died.
d3de58d0e0b9c729e2bc44bef6526c64.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom