• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Would you ever fashionably wear a cape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaNaranja

Hell no.

9oLuCIg.jpg

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Surprised nobody posted that Kanye picture yet.

Edit: Well then

EVOL 100%

They're already in vogue for women around here, like the one posted a bit ago.

They're slowly coming back for men these days too, I've been seeing a lot of guys wearing coats like capes. It's inevitable at this point. The ones posted in the OP look ridiculous but the one mac posted is hot as hell. Would wear

Disgraced

No, because I associate it with this weird guy I once went to high school with who wore huge extravagant, collared Dracula-capes and fedoras, and uggs outside of his straight legs all at the same time. I shit you not. Power to him, I guess. Fashion-sense aside, he seemed like a decent guy. Although, he was kind of rude to me a few times and was terribly obnoxious in class, but whatever. Point is, I'll never wear capes because of that guy unless I'm someplace really really cold and I'm wearing a long coat if that counts.

For some (hippie) reason, when I was a little kid, one season my winter coat was a cape. I will say that functionally, capes are great. My memory is that it was made of navy wool, very warm, trapped body heat well, it was easy to regulate your temperature so you didn't have to take off your coat indoors, you could keep your arms inside so you didn't need gloves. However, like the kilt, I'm going to regulate it as clothing I can't pull off.

And it's obvious to me now it must have been a girl's coat all along. wtf, mom!

watershed

Banned
Only the 3rd pic in the OP looks decent. That said, I've worn shawls before that actually look really good as cape-like accessories.

Capes are right up there with fedoras and trench coats to me. I feel like almost anyone past a certain age can look cool rocking a fedora or a cape, but younger people just look silly. That's just my personal taste, though. Wear whatever you want, who cares what others think.

JDSN

Banned
Am I Sir Ian McKellen? No? Then I wouldnt do that shit just like the rest of the non-Sir Ian McKellen people.

-Plasma Reus-

Service guarantees member status
Wearing a cape is like driving an expensive sports car.
No one around you has one. You think you look good with it, but in truth you stand out and look fucking ridiculous.

No. Would probably be annoying pretty quickly.

What I like is that everyone in the 1900s-1940s wore a complete outfit with hats, that was cool fashionable time.

Liamario

Banned
Stealth OP wants to wear a cape and is looking for approval thread.

Capes on adults fall below fedoras/trilbys and above furry accessories.

Don't be one of those people OP.

Soodanim

From a purely practical perspective, I do wish capes, or more to the point: hooded cloaks, were commonplace. To have a single long layer acting as a rain/wind shield that you can quickly take off and hang up to dry makes so much fucking sense. It seems to me that it's one of those basic clothing needs that isn't being offered.

Capes don't seem to serve a purpose at all, but cloaks deserve a place in the world.

Being able to turn quickly and have it swing out like in films would just be a bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom