• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Would you ever fashionably wear a cape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Auctopus

Women's fashion has the cape down, I'll wear a cape as soon as male designers stop making them look like Sherlock Holmes. I guess I want a hooded poncho really.

nilbog21

Banned
I mean, it seems pretty useful if you live in a very cold or windy city IMO

if you look like one of the people in the OP, however, you are a fool =[

Marvel

could never
Only if I can wear this on top:

ntuVwzA.jpg

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
No, a cape can not be fashionable. They look ridiculous in every real photo in this thread and always will.

DOWN

Banned
No capes. Hardly different from Fedoras. It is too inappropriate and effort heavy. Studied nonchalance in your fashion is where it's at. That's the key to James Bond, Don Draper, Steve McQueen and so on.

No capes. Hardly different from Fedoras. It is too inappropriate and effort heavy. Studied nonchalance in your fashion is where it's at. That's the key to James Bond, Don Draper, Steve McQueen and so on.
studied nonchalance sounds pretty much like what someone would say to justify the wearing of a cape.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I wish I was a university student in Portugal.

Meteorain

Fuck capes.

When are Cloaks coming back? What if I want hands free!

Although to an extent, capes are a form of cloak I suppose...

Fritz

I have a traditional alpine cape called Lodenkotze

jagdbild.php

I wear it for hunting wouldn't wear it out in the city though

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
1) He's missing legs
2) Is that a pipe in your Lodenkotze or are you just happy to see me?

MC Safety

When I worked for a game magazine, a company sent us capes as a tchotchke for City of Heroes.

I showed up to a game demo of Playboy: The Mansion wearing this ridiculous cape. And it turns out the publisher brought along a Playboy model to help promote the game. Let me tell you: She was suitably impressed by my fashion statement.

Rafavert

Smtds-raidou-kuzunoha4.jpg

I know this can't actually be pulled off in real life, but I'd still love to believe.

This is seriously classy D:

And to those connecting our sweet ass uniforms with the Harry Potter universe, it's no coincidence. Rowling was inspired by them.

They're awful in the summer, though....

Man I must be one of the only ones that thinks the second image in OP doesn't look half bad...the colors all go well with each person. Granted, I prefer the middle and the guy on the right's look, but still. Given the right scenario, I totally would I think.
GAF is full of fashion blind peasants.
Yes OP, capes are awesome but you wear them as an accessory to a smart formal outfit
Don't make a fool of yourself by pulling one over some pedestrian shirt and jeans... eugh!
And this. It makes sense, but it needs to be said!

royalan

GAF is full of fashion blind peasants.
Yes OP, capes are awesome but you wear them as an accessory to a smart formal outfit
Don't make a fool of yourself by pulling one over some pedestrian shirt and jeans... eugh!

This guy gets it.

I have a really nice tailored suit. I would love to have a really nice cape. But I'd only wear it to the orchestra, or a very ritzy gallery. Something extremely formal.

IceCold

Harry Potter is real :eek:

JK Rowling lived in Portugal for a bit. The idea for the Hogwarts uniform comes from there (tradition from Coimbra uni iirc). Also she was inspired by the Lello library in Porto. Salazar Slytherin was also named after the Portuguese dictator António de Oliveira Salazar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom