• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Would you ever fashionably wear a cape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rafavert

University students in Portugal wear capes..!

traje-academico-coimbra-g.jpg

Skux

I'm too short to pull these off (5'7"). Anything longer than my hips looks like I'm drowning in fabric.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
2CfZfqu.jpg

That looks fucking cool.

now imagine him wearing that while fumbling for his change trying to buy a six pack of tesco value toilet roll and being called a twilight bellend by the lads in the queue filming him on their phone.

Rktk

now imagine him wearing that while fumbling for his change trying to buy a six pack of tesco value toilet roll and being called a twilight bellend by the lads in the queue filming him on their phone.

Man buys his Apples at Harrod's with plastic.

RedShift

The only time I've worn a cape is when I was dressed as Superman.

Let me tell you, the feeling as it swishes out behind you when you run is amazing.

GAF is full of fashion blind peasants.
Yes OP, capes are awesome but you wear them as an accessory to a smart formal outfit
Don't make a fool of yourself by pulling one over some pedestrian shirt and jeans... eugh!

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
I found it acceptable when I was 7 and mum dressed me as Zorro, now I refuse to look like a dork...unless I become Zorro one day

mltplkxr

Always wanted to wear one wrapped around manga style / Clint Eastwood in a spaghetti western style. I'm all for the comeback though. We need more people wearing weird clothes.

Kinyou

Where do I find this sex stuff with capes? I've been on the lookout for that Eyes Wide shut club for a long time now

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I wore a bed sheet as a cape in 9th grade. Shit looked fucking awesome when riding my bike, a huge cape flowing behind me. It kept getting stuck in my bike spokes though, so I had to downgrade to a child's cape from a costume, which was way too small, and which I used a sharpie to write "Poopmaster" on, including a superman-like P symbol.

ZiZ

On one hand it would clash with my fedora.
On the other hand it would go great with my katana.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
From a purely practical perspective, I do wish capes, or more to the point: hooded cloaks, were commonplace. To have a single long layer acting as a rain/wind shield that you can quickly take off and hang up to dry makes so much fucking sense. It seems to me that it's one of those basic clothing needs that isn't being offered.

Capes don't seem to serve a purpose at all, but cloaks deserve a place in the world.

Being able to turn quickly and have it swing out like in films would just be a bonus.

Why not wear a long raincoat and be shielded on the front as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom